Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290761 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
No... where she is?

Here. It's the same as the standard FS2 campaign file but it now appears as Freespace 2 (Not Playable) in the campaign room and gives a little explaination of what you have to do in order for the game to work.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Arraxis

• http://www.avidgamers.com/avp
Just a minor quibble, but the menu screens in-game (where you choose options, ready room, tech database etc) seems to be distorted. Is this an error, deliberate to make the game smaller, or just my crappy computer? Sorry for asking, it's just that it really threw me off upon starting the game, being completely unexpected.

EDIT: Ok, I fixed it. It was just a matter of changing the graphics to OpenGL and changing the resolution. Apparently, FS 2 looks tacky with 640x480, while FS 1 doesn't look good with 1024x768.

Also, is it better to simply install the game from CD then download the SCP manually, or download the complete set here?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:18:40 am by Arraxis »
If Command wanted your opinion they'd promote you to Admiral!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What you should do depends on your knowledge of FS2_Open, your willingness to learn and your bandwidth. Downloading this pack does involve downloading nearly a gigabyte of data that you already have on the CDs. In addition the pack is no longer as cutting edge as it used to be. You'll probably have to upgrade certain parts of it soon (although ShivanSPS is no doubt working on an upgrade as soon as v2.0 comes out).

If you just want to install with the minimum of fuss then this is probably your best bet. The biggest advantage is that there are several mods already perfectly set up for you to run with a click of a button.

On the other hand setting up without ShivansSPS's work is a little more complex. You can do a basic SCP install in a few minutes after downloading the correct parts but you won't get the bells and whistles that this download has. Those things can be a lot of help to a newbie.

I'd suggest having a read through of the SCP and Mod installation sections of my FAQ. If you reckon you can install the game on your own give it a try. If not get the pack. :)

Offline ShivanSpS

The 1.9 update is ready for download, its only an small update(24MB) but is a lot easy to tell someone to update to 1.9 than tell it "download this, and this, and this, them put it here, etc"

This patch update from 1.8 to 1.9. SO you must already have 1.8.

The Update v1.9, incluide:
-Launcher 5.4.1-pre
-3.6.8 Zeta MediaVPs Alpha fixs
-CVS Build 3.6.9 RC5
-CPR Valkyrie (high textures) for fs_port
-CPR Angel (high textures) for fs_port
-The "Freespace 2 Campaing not playable add-on for mods"

Just a note, the Next Big file vercion will be the 2.0, but I still lacking the stuff, so we have 1.5c for a long time.

EDIT: The 1.9 update has been supersided by 1.9a, is just the same, but I incluided the RC6 -No final- CVS, because the RC5 have a bad shield regen bug :S, if you already have 1.9 you can change the CVS amnually or download the 1.9a patch.

The Update v1.9a, incluide:
-Launcher 5.4.1-pre
-CVS Build 3.6.9 RC6 -NO OFICIAL-
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:48:07 pm by ShivanSpS »

Oh my, this is quite lovely really.
I'd played Freespace 2 quite a lot of years ago and loved it.
Quite a nice pack, downloading it now.

The voice acting forum has piqued my interest. Perhaps I shall partake in the festivities.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Heya. Another success story here, got it working without problems. Been playing around with it for more than a month now.

I got FS1 and ST bundled with D3 and got hooked. Since I lacked a computer for several years (p1 166, then no comp all the way till two years ago, relied on friend's place as well as irregular visits to internet cafes during that hiatus) I'm still rather backward in gaming. Tried to find FS2 for years with no luck. This is a big boost...  :lol:

It just sux that my friend can't play it - he's on a Celeron below 1ghz with a Riva TNT/TNT2 whatever it was and we got white screens for menus, and the game crashes the moment the ready room finishes loading the mission... even the FS2 SCP logo on the game start becomes an ugly white box :shaking: his comp doesn't support OpenGL and both D3D's don't work, so I'm forced to work on the campaign alone (yah, me working on a campaign - plan is disorganised though - and also learning how to mod)... (Bangwal)

[bangwall spelt wrongly on purpose :lol:]

At least the ships.tbl looks easy to edit, just like the RulesMD.ini in RA2YR... :lol: And X3:R isn't as easy to mod (even though it has its strong points), plus it's a LAG monster so I'll make do with FS2 for now ;)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Cyker

Blimey!

Shivan - Thank you VERY MUCH for all the time and effort you've put into this!!!!

;) :D

Offline ShivanSpS

Thanxs, but the credits go to those people who make anything inside the pack, The only that I do is download that and compress everything in an installer :P

hey shivan, the pack rocks, had to set up a lan party last night of 13 people, the pack makes it easy to make sure we all have compatible installs by just installing the pack and updating it from a dvd or having them all download the pack through the lan

Offline Raikku

I don't use any of the torrents, is there any normal dl-site where i can this all-in-one package?   

First i would like to say thank you for such a great game! ok with that said i'll get to the point. i installed it and followed the readme and i played through several campaign missions without any sort of problems. but i do have a problem with the audio. i am getting lots of popping and crackling in the audio? is there anyway that i can solve this problem?
3dsMax User!

Offline ShivanSpS

mmm.. You have that problem only which this game?

I had the same problem with UT2k4 but it has a "safe mode" option for the audio and that fixed it for that game. after i made that post i turned the music all the way down and its not as bad but its still there. i may have to get a new sound card. i am using the defalt card that came with my pc. heres my pc specs incase you need to know.

hp pavilion a335w
pentium4 2.5 GHz
760MB of RAM
Nvidia Geforce 6200

Thats about all i can pull up atm.
3dsMax User!

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
First, try to move the contacts for the stereo jack, as they get grimey sometimes...

Next, try running in compadibility mode if you use Windows XP. I have a WinXP box that didn't run FS2 Colossus very well until I messed around with the settings enough to get it working. I used to get a good audio until I was too close to a humming noise... this included the engine wash from a Cap Ship or using my afterburner... IDR what i did to fix it but i did fix it!
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

I use XP-pro. so should i run FS2 in XP, 2000, 98... ect compatibility mode? i try'd changing the audio form softaware to hardware but i hate that robot voice lol
3dsMax User!

The 1.9 update is ready for download, its only an small update(24MB) but is a lot easy to tell someone to update to 1.9 than tell it "download this, and this, and this, them put it here, etc"

This patch update from 1.8 to 1.9. SO you must already have 1.8.

The Update v1.9, incluide:
-Launcher 5.4.1-pre
-CVS Build 3.6.9 RC5

Just a note, the Next Big file vercion will be the 2.0, but I still lacking the stuff, so we have 1.5c for a long time.

EDIT: The 1.9 update has been supersided by 1.9a, is just the same, but I incluided the RC6 -No final- CVS, because the RC5 have a bad shield regen bug :S, if you already have 1.9 you can change the CVS amnually or download the 1.9a patch.

The Update v1.9a, incluide:
-Launcher 5.4.1-pre
-CVS Build 3.6.9 RC6 -NO OFICIAL-

Note A: Oxyshare seems to be down.

Note B: Will there be a completly new torrent for 3.6.9 final? Right now the patchs are beggining to stack up.

Offline ShivanSpS

Yeah, there will be a new big vercion soon.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
I just downloaded it and it is amazing. :D The only problem is that I don't see the movies. I get sound but just a black screen. I know its probably my fault though I'll just try to figure it out.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name

Just a clarifying note.

The craft type names are of course GTF Valkyrie and GTF Angel, not CPR. CPR is a fitting description for the textures themselves...

CPR means Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

I made those textures so that people have something slightly better than the horrid retail texture. Also, it was meant to get some other people (read: modellers and actual texturers) agitated and notice the lack of notice the Valkyrie has received, and perhaps also make something about it... and be it a coincidence or not, soon after I made the new textures, Woomeister put a cockpit onto the Valkyrie.

These textures are a temporary solution (though IMO better than the retail texture), until someone with required abilities gets fed up with the low-poliness of the Valkyrie and does a HTL Valkyrie (and probably also Angel), which most likely will require a new, better texture. My version of the texture shares opinions, mostly because of the apparent graininess of the texture due to technique used in it.

:p

If you already know this, good. I just figured this might cause some slight confusion, so I thought to clear it out...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I just downloaded it and it is amazing. :D The only problem is that I don't see the movies. I get sound but just a black screen. I know its probably my fault though I'll just try to figure it out.

The problem is likely that you have Divx Toolbar installed. Turn that off and the problem might go away. Failing that just install XviD.