Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290757 times)

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Hi, new person to this Freespace here :) Played several space fighter-like sims... didn't like them much, but I heard that this was the best, so I want to try it out.

I'm currently downloading this 1.5c via bittorrent... So i'm just wondering... is this just the entire game numbers 1 & 2?

I would like to play through the entire campaign, including number 1. And if so, is the SCP on both? And also, does this installer install everything, game, SCP mod, other mod thingies, whatever those VC things are, or do I have to muddle about installing everything? (I often mess up installing things when you have to install a bazillion small things to make a game work ;) )

Thanks-

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
This package includes a port of Freespace 1, which will serve nicely.

The Freespace (1) Port is not yet quite as pretty as Freespace 2 SCP, but it is close.

The installer should install everything, I belive Shivan SpS's intention when he made the Torrent was to put all of the SCP files in one installation package.

Have fun!

And of course:
:welcome:

This package includes a port of Freespace 1, which will serve nicely.

The Freespace (1) Port is not yet quite as pretty as Freespace 2 SCP, but it is close.

The installer should install everything, I belive Shivan SpS's intention when he made the Torrent was to put all of the SCP files in one installation package.

Have fun!

And of course:
:welcome:

Cool, thanks a bunch. Good to be here ^__^

I'm getting tracker errors and am stuck at 37.1%.  Everyone on my peer list who has reached 37.1% also seems to be stuck.  Here's the error message from the log:

"fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.zip" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>

ShivanSpS, I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together and upload it.  Of course I'd appreciate it even more of it worked... ;)

Offline ShivanSpS

I have turned down Bitcomet for a few hours... I working on which some friends to help them to overclock its cards, and which both FTP upload and bicomet Icant even open a web page... I will be back soon, sorry.

That's fine.  Thanks for letting us know what's going on.

GGRRRRRRRRRR must have files..NOW!  :mad2: :mad:

:P

Offline ShivanSpS

Is back on :D

I also starting to give the links to Direct Download Parts, there is 5 parts... part 1,3,4,5 are already uploaded, the Part2, will be ready in a day...

Please, toll me if any of the parts are corrupted...

Note: again, will need to keep the torrent alive, Uploading Complete games is ilegal, and I very sure that will be deleted if their discover it...

Offline ShivanSpS

Bad news, I loss my coneccion when the upload of the part 2 are at 97%!  :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you see an dsl central in-orbit, dont worry about, just remember to tell Alpha 3 to avoid them...

Offline ShivanSpS

Well, that is, I starting to get really upset, Icant get to upload the last file for the direct Download, and thanxs to the stupit Bicomet someone have hacked my computer, and playing which my registry and DLLs...

I recibed about 30 Port scans and about 500 suspects packs to my ports since i have the Bicomet uploading... and because I have opened the port 21 for the FTP upload, well...

Hi Shivan,
the download via torrent looks fine. At the moment a get a total download speed over 800kbs. Seeding now as one of 13 :D

I saw that you didn't change the names of the fsport_xxx.vp files. Goober wrote in another thread that they should be renamed to fsport-xxx.vp. That already happened to the files on the FSPort Webpage. Just for the record and version 1.6. ;)

Being hacked is no fun. Guess you should reinstall.

Offline ShivanSpS

I have removed the _XXX? is the 3.0.3 anyway, But really have removed the 3_0_3?

Anyway, there is a screen of the port folder inside port forum and goobler toll me that they are OK...

No , you misunderstood. It has something to do with file ordering in Windows. Somehow "_" is sorted before or after "-" and that is important for the order of loadiong the vps. Originaly it was e.g. fsport_music.vp and should be now fsport-music.vp. Thats all.

Here is the link: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39510.0.html

By the way the integrity of the torrent download is o.k.

ClamAV told me:

clamscan /dos/Software_Repository/Spiele/Action/fso/fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.zip
/dos/Software_Repository/Spiele/Action/fso/fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.zip: OK

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 53242
Engine version: 0.88.2
Scanned directories: 0
Scanned files: 1
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 2039.65 MB
Time: 1339.007 sec (22 m 19 s)

Offline ShivanSpS

Mmm, ahhhhh, that is the cause of why SCP dont override my own .vps of some models :P but you have nothing to worry about, Port works well I have tested it... two times :P the only thing is the crash on the plato mission, and none know why happends...

About the Part 2 of the direct download.. I still cant get to upload it... I having too much conecction inestability...

Is too soon for talking about a new vercion, I only give this new vercion because the 1.0 have a very bad CVS, a error in the location of the files (the low-end shockwaves), and lacks of some info for how-to install it and how-to use it, and why is giving me the Failed to read the flag file :P... And i take the chance to add the Lighspeed Nebulas too.

For a new Vercion "2.0", I wish to have an installer for Linux... and if posible other for MAC... and better the Windows Installer, for exsample, the Windows installer dont show the status of the unzip process...
That that are things that Icant make...
The installer the only that have to do, is unzip the files of Freespace2.zip intro the install folder... and create Shoutcuts... anyway this dont going to be soon, and we have to wait to see what taylor have for ours :P

Yeah, I glad that the files are OK, but what really have to worry is about the file sin the direct download... I no know why but it took me the entire day to make a .rar that is not corrupted... I no know why, but winrar corrupt my files, that dont happend in the first vercion... I do about 50 attempts, and only one has OK... and in that one I miss for 15MB in the parts... and that is the uploaded one....

The only happend in winrar, Winzip dont give me any corrupt problem, but icant make a split intro parts in Winzip, because Winrar does not support splited winzip parts... and the worse of all, you can try to unzip split winzip part which Winrar, their will be completed whiout errors, BUT their only unzip the files in the part1 :LOL ! and you no know it!

Also, winrar does not support some of the maximum compress of Winzip... for make Freespace2.zip I have to keep the compatibility which winrar, so Freespace2.zip is compressed which Maximum(portable), Winrar support it, but... this compatibility cost me 190MB (the original size has to be 1.8GB).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 06:03:26 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline ni1s

Some pointers from a Linux guy.

Lowercase. Sure, I can fix this myself, but it would be nice if I didn't have to. Not sure if Windows or Mac cares thou...

No Windows litter. You know, Thumbs.db and whatnot, its mega annoying.

No space in filenames. Can't remember if this is already the case, and it wont really break anything, but it's easier to deal with.

Edit: Great work, BTW!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No , you misunderstood. It has something to do with file ordering in Windows. Somehow "_" is sorted before or after "-" and that is important for the order of loadiong the vps. Originaly it was e.g. fsport_music.vp and should be now fsport-music.vp. Thats all.

As an aside, you shouldn't even be using fsport_music or fsport-music with 3.0.  It's incompatible, as stated in the release thread.

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
I no know why but it took me the entire day to make a .rar that is not corrupted... I no know why, but winrar corrupt my files, that dont happend in the first vercion... I do about 50 attempts, and only one has OK... and in that one I miss for 15MB in the parts... and that is the uploaded one....

The only happend in winrar, Winzip dont give me any corrupt problem, but icant make a split intro parts in Winzip, because Winrar does not support splited winzip parts... and the worse of all, you can try to unzip split winzip part which Winrar, their will be completed whiout errors, BUT their only unzip the files in the part1
What version of WinRAR do you have?

Also, you might try 7-zip.  It is free (not trial like WinRAR and WinZip is), supports both ZIP and RAR and tons of other formats, and so far I have had no compatibility problems.  I hope it helps for you!

Offline ShivanSpS

Winrar 3.53..

Well, Part2 is finally uploaded... now you can use direct download, have fun!

Offline neoterran

7zip (LZMA Compression) is the one of the best compression algorithms you can use. Also, anyone with a recent version of winrar can open it.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Looks like there's cross-platform support for it too.  http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/  Linux and similar at least... Dunno about OS X so we'll have to hear back from one of those guys, but it says it supports BSD as well so it might work.

If that works out, this may be a winner.

P.S.  Winrar 3.60 beta 2 is out with general speed improvements, multithreading, and bug fixes

Offline ShivanSpS

Your last files:    Downloads:
 fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.part2.rar    10
 fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.part5.rar    17
 fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.part4.rar    21
 fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.part3.rar    16
 fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.part1.rar    54