Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290754 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Man theyr getting permist to come into your house regardless of weather you are home or not seize posesion of your pc and take a look around. and believe me there isnt one pc in this frecking country that doesnt have at least an mp3 downloaded from the net or a movie or a cracked game or something like that. Well i imagine there are but they are so few they arent even worth mentioning. Also to actively search over the net all users from a specific region and look at what they are downloading or dooing on the net is in mi opinion a total violation of privacy rights.

They should not be alowed to do this. Anh how the hell 'm i suposed to get mi hands on an original FS copy ?? There are none left in the stores and to just blow away at least 100$ is ridiculous in mi opinion. (actualy thats the minimum wage around here) .

Its stupid. No matter how you turn it its stupid.

Why doesnt Volition have a digital licensing or something where you could buy the license for the game online even if u dont buy the CD's??
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
1 ) This entire discussion is completely off-topic. This is the where to find FS2 discussion not the is it moral/legal to download it one.

2) I don't believe a word you're saying AlphaOne. I certainly don't believe that Romanian courts have overturned probable cause to allow officials to root through your hard drives on a whim without anyone ever having heard of it. That sort of thing would be front page news on just about every single tech board on the internet.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 10:45:55 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WEll it was all over the news a couple of days ago! They said they can actualy look at what someone is downloading from the net and if they suspect its not a legal download they have the authority to come in and seize posession of your pc look at what u have on your hard drive and then take the necessary steps. Oh and thsi is not the US this is Romania the land of all posibilities (and i'm not refering to it like the imigrants of the 19th and early 20th centyru did about the US) . dont believe me?? then i can give you a cpuple of email adresses of some of mi friends famili colegues and even mi boss and ask them.

Sorry for the offtopic. Also i managed to download the Fs retail version from the net via a link suplied to me over the HLP bb then installen the 3.6.7 i believe patch.

Now i have the 3.6.8 version installed will that work on the newly released campaigns?? or do i have to get a nother update?

I have the nebula effects and some other thing Karajorma pointed me at...!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
How about a link to a proper new source if it is all over the news rather than e-mail addresses for sources of questionable veracity?

Cause I've looked on BBC, Google (and Google news) as well as Slashdot (which would almost certainly cover something of this magnitude) and I haven't seen ****.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm not to bust up your act its been over the news in Romania. Also there is a lot gooing on in the world that you dont know or read about but that is not to say it doesnt happen.  Also the officials decided to start in mi home city. Oh well. Also as soon as i have found a link to a story that is actualy posted on the net i will let you know. Also i find the "questionable veracity" thing a bit how shall i put this insulting i beleive is an reasonablyy good word to describe it.

Oh and a sied note do you actualy know anything about Romania..or rather can u even tell where its at without looking on a map or do a search over on google or something like that?? (*hopes he gets the point*)

Also this law or whatever it is its not been passed on just now from what I understand but rather its from a few years back they just decided to act this way now.
It's kind of confusing. Il look for a link as per your request !

2nd post! Oki i have been at this for like 2 hours now i still cant find a god damn news buletin olnine or in the online version os some newspapers. WTF?? It was over on the news so why cant i find the god damn thing? F***ing great. :mad: :hopping:

This makes no sence what so ever. I will keep loking for it in the morning.

Also any new updates that are the must haves in order to play the campaigns i'm still a bit confused about all these SCP versions...!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 06:15:37 pm by AlphaOne »
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
umm not to bust up your act its been over the news in Romania. Also there is a lot gooing on in the world that you dont know or read about but that is not to say it doesnt happen.  Also the officials decided to start in mi home city. Oh well. Also as soon as i have found a link to a story that is actualy posted on the net i will let you know. Also i find the "questionable veracity" thing a bit how shall i put this insulting i beleive is an reasonablyy good word to describe it.

Offering the email address of some bloke you met down the pub or some guy who sits next to you at work is a source of questionable veracity. I don't know the guy. How do I know what he knows about the subject? How can I know he's not bull****ting me? In fact how can I even know that he's not actually you at an alternate email address? :p

It's not at all about being insulting. It's about the fact that I find it hard to believe in these country wide purges that you're claiming are going on based on one person posting on the internet. Has every other Romanian had their computer seized already? Maybe that's why there isn't a shred of supporting evidence for your claims.

If the Romanian goverment was monitoring every single computer for illegal downloads it would be a major news story worldwide. This is something that so far even the most repressive governments in the world have failed to do so far, instead looking at firewalling off dodgy sites rather than the Orwellian system of monitoring you've claimed is going on.

Furthermore here are 3 Romanian news websites and a human rights website I checked. I don't see **** about this there either.
BBW, The Diplomat, Bucharest Daily News  and Human Rights Report

Oh and a sied note do you actualy know anything about Romania..or rather can u even tell where its at without looking on a map or do a search over on google or something like that?? (*hopes he gets the point*)

Not only am I able to point out Romania on a map but I have friends who are Romanian. I spent an hour on the phone talking to a Romanian friend about computers a couple of days ago. He didn't mention this once. Sure that's just anecdotal evidence but it's about as reliable as what you wanted to give me.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umm how shall i say this actualy you were 1/2 right you know.(karajorma)

I've talked to some friends and a friend in the police and he said quote "that bulls**t. do you still believe what's over on the news? these will tell you that Elvis rose from the grave lasta night and is having a poker party with Vlad Tepes if it will increase theyr rating. No the law is actualy refering to the oDc downloaders and specificly to those who have a major oDc sharing and to those who use the oDc to do actual acts of piracy.(software pyracy that is)." ending quote!

So you were right you know. I should really stop taking news buletins so seriously.*feeling stupid*
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
We all get taken in by the news from time to time. I didn't doubt you that there was a story on the news. I simply doubted that it had the scope you were giving it :)

Seems odd that they would choose oDc out of all the clients out there. Maybe it's big in Romania or something. :)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well yeah considering that only a minor Internet and network provider has a hub with about 1000 clients and the shared info can excede 20 TB its a big deal. And that is just one. There are about 5 or 6 of them. and these are small net providers. considering that at least in my citi about 50-60% of homes have a pc. u can take a guess.

Its the fastets way to get info across the net. At an average of 6 mb/s its pretty fast to copy music games software etc. Also it apears that is actualy ilegal. I had no ideea till now.

that came as shock actualy not because its ilegal but because we had no ideea till now. or at least i didnt!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

wow... this stuff is confusing.  I installed the SCP a long time ago, and back then there was a guide on how to do it.  Could anyone point me to something like that now?  And is this the newest version... at the start of this thread?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If ShivanSPS has gotten the pack right installation should be as simple as unpacking the rar to the folder you want it in. Not much of an installation guide needed there :)

That said if you want to understand what is going on I do have an installation guide in my FAQ. :)

The most recent install is v1.6 but that is an upgrade for 1.5 if I have it all correct.

Offline ShivanSpS

if their are runing in windows, the only they need to do is run the setup.exe...

Afer install I recomend to download the 1.6 patch, that changes the CVS, because the 25th one have some problems which mods...

No motter if do download it from the torrent or the direct download, just unzip/unrar the big file, them run the setup.exe... There is also a .txt that explain that...

P.D. Ok, I not have time to full CVS test in this days, so, I planing the 1.8 vercion, their will only released if the Zeta VPs causes not problems, but I need a recomended CVS which env maping, because the env maping causes some problems, I will give two CVS, one which env and other whiout them... I need a little recomendation for this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 09:07:23 pm by ShivanSpS »

Ok, little clearer, but you guys are talking to a TOTAL moding n00b here...  what does CVS stand for?

Also, kara it would be great if you could post a link to that FAQ section.  Ive looked through the FAQs on the main site and didnt find much...

Thanks guys

DOH... sry, i see you have a link in your sig lol

Offline ShivanSpS

Afer you have installed the big one, there is opening a Readme First!, just read it, that will explain some things.

the CVS is the SCP .exe of the game, used by the launcher to run FS2 SCP.

Offline ShivanSpS

Im starting to upload a 1.8 patch, this will update from 1.5c or 1.6 to 1.8...

This is only by now, and is very recomend for everyone that already have my pack and wish to have the 3.6.8 Zeta Vps, because this update removes anything that may cause conflicts, if everything goes OK, I will realease a new set of full Big files in the 1.8 vercion.
The 1.8 Have:

v1.8 update, incluide:
-3.6.8 Zeta MediaVPs
-May 17th CVS Build
-InfernoR1 Mod
-Sol: A History Mod
-HTL Elysium

If someone wish to know, this is the list of files that the 1.8 update deletes:

File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\fs2_open_d_Kara_20060425.exe"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\fs2_open_r_Kara_20060425.exe"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mv_models.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mv_music.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mv_core.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mv_textures.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mv_effects.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mod.ini"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\mv_adveffects\\mv_adveffects.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\cache\\*.*"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\data\\cache\\*.*"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\cache\\*.*"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\HTL_Moloch.vp"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\fs2open_pxo.cfg"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\data\\fs2open_pxo.cfg"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\models\\bomber05.pof"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\models\\f_shockwave.pof"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\models\\shockwave.pof"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\bomber05-01.dds"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\bomber05-01-shine.dds"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\f_shockwave.dds"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\green_glow2_small.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\red_glow_small.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\shockwave3d.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\white_glow_small.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\mediavps\\data\\maps\\yellow_glow_small.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\models\\fighter04.pof"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\blue_glow4_small.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\fighter04-01b.pcx"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\glass.dds"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\glass-shine.dds"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\green_glow.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\htl-apollo.pcx"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\red_glow.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\Tercoc01.pcx"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Fs1_port_3\\data\\maps\\white_glow.tga"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\Uninst.isu"), false, false, false, nil);
File.Delete(SessionVar.Expand("%AppFolder%\\fred2_open_r-20060323.exe"), false, false, false, nil);

I just installed and updated u'r pack to 1.6, I can hear the cutscenes, but I cannot see them?!

Offline ShivanSpS

that sounds like a codec problem, find the last codec for divx, maybe xvid....

Ah I see, so maybe if I install K-Lite Mega Codec Pack It'll do the trick?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Uninstall (or disable) divx toolbar and it should work again.