Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290757 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
the 1.5c/1.6 to 1.8 update is ready for download, have fun!

Remember this is just like a "beta", because there is not going to be a big file vercion of this... I will wait for the Iceni, Ravana, Inferno mod will be finished...

Offline mal

Is there a problem with parts 1,4 and 5? I've downloaded them a couple times but everytime I test the archives I get an error saying that they are corrupt. Archived tested with 7zip and Winrar.

Part 1,4,5 is corrupted.
Any estimated time this will be fixed?
Bit torrent is no go for me - 2kb download for 25days = yikes!
please advise and thanks

Offline ShivanSpS

Oh hell, no known why this happend, I can unrar the 5 files...

Remember that you need to have all five parts thoghter in order to unrar...

Offline mal

Remember that you need to have all five parts thoghter in order to unrar...

yep had all 5 downloaded before unraring.
Say, what software you used to unrar them?
I'll get it and then report back the unrar results.
Please advise thank you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

If you can find someone who is still having trouble after downloading all 5 parts I would recommend that you both do the following.

Both of you download and install QuickPar
ShivanSPS generates a single .par2 file (I'm more than happy to talk you through how to do this on IM, It's pretty easy)
His assistant then downloads this file and double clicks it. The par file will then tell you how corrupt the files are.
If they're only a little corrupt ShivanSPS can generate recovery files less than a megabyte or so in size which will repair the download.

That's certainly better than asking someone who has downloaded all 5 parts to start again :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

The 5 parts already hav ethe recovery record (generated by Winrar). I think :P

Im in the process of downloading the 5 seperate files... and all this talk about corruption is getting me worried.  Are the files im downlaoding going to work, or am i missing something that im going to need to fix them?

OK... i just answeres my own question.  I tried to un-rar part 1 and it told me that the Zip file that was in it was corrupted, and it did not unRAR...

How is this fixed?

Offline ShivanSpS

well, is not aparent reazon for how this happend... I can unrar them... and there is not any interruption of the uploads...

Oxyshare people has move all data to a new server a few time ago (one or two, weeks), maybe the files get corrupted in that moment... I have not other explanation, because a have few people that download it and got not problems...

I removed the links, and I will not re-upload them, just use the torrent until I can get the 1.8b vercion ready.

The torrent is pretty useless... its so slow it will take days steady to get it (plus the link dosent seem to be working for me now) :( 

theres no fix or anything for these files?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
OK... i just answeres my own question.  I tried to un-rar part 1 and it told me that the Zip file that was in it was corrupted, and it did not unRAR...

How is this fixed?

Did you have all 5 parts? Cause if you only had part 1 it will tell you that it's corrupt regardless of whether it really is or not.

@ Shivan : I STRONGLY reccomend that you include the May 9th build as well as/instead of anything newer. Quite a few people have been having problems with the newer builds and I don't think it's been decided whether that's entirely due to bad/old installs of OpenAL yet. Either way we should sidestep the issue for newbies by making the May 9th the default. Simply put it in the readme that any newer build you include has env-mapping but they should fall back to the May 9th build if it doesn't work.

That way env-mapping is a nice bonus for those who read the readme rather than a pain in the neck for us cause of those who don't :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 02:57:40 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

Yeah, but who knows, Is stills about another 2 weeks...

about the torrent, is just fine, I removed the file and restart to download to test his speed, and downloaded 87% in 7 hours...

Offline Rook

ShivanSpS, I got 1.5c from Bittorrent and the 1.6 update and everything was running fine, with the exception of some in-mission lockups that I can't figure out what triggered them. With the 1.8 patch I can't see anything in the menus except what's clickable. No text, no backgrounds, just a white screen with blue squares where I can click. Even if I manage to get into the mission there's no text on my hud, just the blocks where text should be.

Great pack though! To those having issues getting it, I got it through bittorrent with no issues. I'm still upping it though my speeds are pretty much garbage due to being located in Iraq.

Edit: more details for those who might help me with the 1.8 crash. Here's an error I get when the game starts, prior hearing but to not being able to see the opening movie:

Error: bad DDS file compression.  Not using DXT1,3,5 cubemap.dds
File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open\code\graphics\GrD3DBmpman.cpp
Line: 503
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm running the fs2_open_r_KARA_20060517.exe executable, though I'll try an older one if I can find one in lieu of Karajorma's advice.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 11:59:53 am by Rook »

Offline ShivanSpS

Try which the Kara 0429, is in 1.8 too, but... "GrD3DBmpman.cpp" that means that your are running in Direct 3D?

Offline Rook

I rolled back to 429 and that's working. Yes, I am using D3D.

Offline ShivanSpS

You have any problem which OpenGL? you must always use OpenGL instead D3D... Try which the 5/17 and OpenGL.

Offline Rook

5/17 works with OpenGL, which means the issue lies with D3D and 5/17. Thanks, Shivan!

Does u'r setup.exe installer also add registry settings or anyother extra settings for that matter except just unzipping and copying the files from the Freespace2.zip?

Oh and one more thing, can i put the mod folders like DerelictSCP, Transcend etc in a folder of their own for example  one called mods.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:18:41 pm by Don-DiZzLe »

Offline ShivanSpS

1) no, you can unzip manually if you wish, but dont forget to install OpenAL and read the readme*.

2) I dont think so, karajorma come to save us  :D

*Some people dont read it, even if called Readme First!, the next time I going to call it, "dont readme ever!" lets see if in this way is readed by someone :pimp:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Never happen, the whole purpose of the existence of instructions in computer software is for people not to read them ;)