Author Topic: Movements in the Mist - By Prophet  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Movements in the Mist - By Prophet
You can now download the new version of Prophet's campaign from the tracker, link in my signature.
Prophet will naturally give you the support if and when required. ;)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
MitM_05 crashes when loaded...it doesn't seem to like the Red Alert, not sure why...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fodder

I got the same problem too.  Where is MitM_02? It seems to skip from 01 to 03.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
MitM_02 occurs if you don't scan the Raider's Hyperion; found that out when I poked through the campaign file trying to find the problem.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Number 5 crashes, huh? Has anyone managed to get to mission 5 without crashing? Because it works fine for me... I seem to remember getting reports from the R1.1 version not working either... Does it crash dusing the mission loading or during mission? Are there any error messages?

The mission itself isn't really anything special, just eye candy. Few dudes say few lines, a shuttle picks up your disabled fighter and carries you away. End of campaign.

I hope the rest of the missions are working as they should... :nervous:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Fodder

It crashes during loading for me.  No error message other than the Win XP generic error message.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
It must be the red alert then... Or that the player starts with few subsystems at 0%...

Other possibilities are that the game doesn't like anyone docking and towing you anywhere (I doubt it). Or the training messages (credits) are somehow screwing the game.

You should try modifying the mission in FRED so that it's not red alert and try it out in the sim. At least it would eliminate the possibility of red alert crash, and take a lot off my mind. Because red alert sees lots of use in MitM2... ;7
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline virgo

After some testing: - it seems, that you cannot use red aler together with empty briefing text. There was XSTR("", -1) in mitM_05.fs2 - with XSTR(".", -1) it worked (appearently you cannot use just space as text - it crashed then to).

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
:welcome: Virgo
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Now that I have ADSL, I can actually be a useful presence on bittorrent. Cool, thanks for the heads up. :yes:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by virgo
After some testing: - it seems, that you cannot use red aler together with empty briefing text. There was XSTR("", -1) in mitM_05.fs2 - with XSTR(".", -1) it worked (appearently you cannot use just space as text - it crashed then to).

Yes... It is now becoming clear to me... Prior to release, I changed the mission by removing the briefing (in mission specs editor), and probably deleted the briefing too... I think I tested it after that but can't be sure... :nervous:

I'll have to check this out when I get home... Thanks Virgo :yes:

Offline -Norbert-

Thats it.
I tryed putting "abc" into the briefing text, and the mission loaded fine.

Thinking about it "Computer Error" would fit better than abc :lol: