Author Topic: Trying out the game and...  (Read 1907 times)

Offline sheru

Trying out the game and...
...before i even get a chance to play, I keep getting an error that i can't create a new pilot. The game suggests I don't have enough disk space although I have over 11 GB left on my harddrive.

Has this error come up before and is there a known fix or is this something new?

(just for note, I installed the relese 3 and the release 3.1 update.)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think I've seen that error before. I'll be damned if I remember what caused it though.

Do you have FS2 installed elsewhere? Is there enough space on that drive? I don't think that should be the problem but it's the best I can come up with for now.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline sheru

I have FS2 installed elsewhere, and as I said above, I have over 11 gb of harddrive space left. I'm fairly certain new pilots don't take up that much space to make.

Why think I should running it as a mod instead of a standalone? Not sure on how to do that...

UPDATE:
Good news! I can now create a pilot and...

... the game CTD's when I try to load up either campaign (the EM campaign from the site and the raiders campaigns here on the forum).

Going to see about running the map pack too just to see if that CTD's as well.

UPDATE 2:
On the off chance the files I downloaded were corrupted during download (had the problem a long long time ago), I'm going to try redownloading them from FP and reinstalling, just to be sure.

UPDATE 3:
It's works! I guess i did have a crappy installation and reinstalling it did work out fine. Missions are working fine (although it's neat how the ship handles). Game is working fine now, playing through some of the EM campaign, not running into any problems, tried some single player missons, all working fine for me.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 10:20:40 pm by 2272 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Glad you got it working, have fun. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Excellent! :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline sheru

Oh I'm already having a hell of a time... Playing space fighter combat is fun, but playing it in your favorite space sci-fi series is so much better.

Mmmm, starfuries....