Author Topic: quick question  (Read 4435 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The chopped up menu can be fixed by either turning on driver level AA or using the -subpixelcorrect command line in the launcher. The D3 handling is different from D1/D2, with faster turning speeds.

I don't know what the "hyperspeed problem" is. XL runs at the usual game speed.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I believe 'hyperspeed' might be referring to what descent (retail) runs like on modern machines.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I believe 'hyperspeed' might be referring to what descent (retail) runs like on modern machines.

yes. 

i figured out that turning AA off fixed the distortion in FS2, but that stopped working a while back for some reason.  might be something to do with newer graphics drivers.  i think forced AA is off now, but i'll doublecheck. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
What version of D2 do you have?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

gah this D2X-XL is giving me a headache.  i just want something that will let me play D2 on my computer.  increased res would be nice, but i don't need any of that other crap.  i don't WANT any gameplay changes.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:18:52 pm by Klaustrophobia »
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline gavilatius

• kicking butt... gradius style
... thank for the insight... are there any special algorithms that can be used to prevent "Artificial Stupidity" around objects? a logical algorithm would include a one way "repulsion" code (when an AI gets close to an object it moves in a manner that will prevent collision, and only the AI, not the wall) and a "chase" code (determining your position, the AI in a tunnel or narrow corridor will chase after you through with a predetermined path, then a random path after the corridor). geeze, if I can only open up the coding used for descent. I gotta start learning both source codes.
any one beat the last boss yet?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
... thank for the insight... are there any special algorithms that can be used to prevent "Artificial Stupidity" around objects? a logical algorithm would include a one way "repulsion" code (when an AI gets close to an object it moves in a manner that will prevent collision, and only the AI, not the wall) and a "chase" code (determining your position, the AI in a tunnel or narrow corridor will chase after you through with a predetermined path, then a random path after the corridor). geeze, if I can only open up the coding used for descent. I gotta start learning both source codes.

There definitely exist algorithms/concepts for dealing with the problems. The trouble is that implementing the needed stuff in FS2 is a seriously hairy task.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You know, if you post in the D2X-XL forums, maybe they can help...