Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 187774 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Wings of Dawn has some awesome fighterbeams if you want to go check them out.

Offline -Norbert-

Not so awsome if you fly as a Cordi against the Hertak.... made me feel like a flipper ball.

From AOA upto WIH part 1 i have to give you guys a BIG thumbs up. You carried the tory over from the previous installment to this one beautifully and the action flow is amazing. It really pulls a gamer into the storyline and makes you feel like you're part of the action and not just playing thru the game.

Spoiler:
 I seriously want to know what the hell those schematics that were given to neomi are for????? :hopping: . Plus the introduction of battleship and fighter cohesion in dealing with enemies was absolutely genius and was a cool departure from flying out there zapping battleships and then warping out again. One thing i have to gripe about is that with all the experience the vasudans have had dealing with the GTA and there "special brand of intelligence work" you seriously can't tell me that they smelt a rat when the Ubuntu elder was assasinated. The vasudan destroyers sensors couldn't pick up something that told them that the UEF was bushwacked???

Plus i SERIOUSLY want to fly a Uriel or the Durga...me wantie kill TEV battleships..plus the gaus cannon is totally WICKED MAN ;7

An neverending battle shall begin (BITEFIGHT.org): http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=128547

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
You do fly an Uriel. What I want to pilot is the damn Naryana! :)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
you can in one of the ones after you capture the agincourt
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline -Sara-

:confused:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I think he means a Nyx/Atalanta.

the first mission against the Nyx i got totally p0wnzord. I wanted to fly it right then..maybe a mission similar to the stolen dragon in FS1?
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
the first mission against the Nyx i got totally p0wnzord. I wanted to fly it right then..maybe a mission similar to the stolen dragon in FS1?

You can fly it in m10, Aristeia.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

woops.  yeah i was thinking of nyx  :nervous:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

woops.  yeah i was thinking of nyx  :nervous:

Axem was making hybrid ships in FRED. Perhaps we could create the dreaded NYXAYANA

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Seconding the idea of beam bombers. What if the GTVA took a note on the UEF artillery frigates and decided to give their deadliest weapon a more mobile, if slightly more vulnerable, platform? It kind of breaks with the Threat Exigency Initiative's requisites, though...
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
IMO fighter/bomber mounted beams would either have to be drastically weaker or a 1-shot kindof deal to be realistic/believable. 

Offline -Norbert-

Having some experiance with fighterbeams mainly from playing The Babylon Project I think it shouldn't be available for fighters. It's just way too easy to hit with them, since they hit exactly were you point them without any travel time.
Now you can make them harder to use by giving them warmup time like DoS and WoD did, but that still leaves them too powerfull in player hands if you ask me. And I don't even want to know what Furys AI can do with such a weapon.
Nope, AAA turrets on bombers okay, but no main weapon beams for fighters and bombers please. At least not in WiH2, maybe in BP3 if done well and even than only very sparingly.

It might be interresting to have a non-damage targeting laser for Subspace missiles though....

Offline starlord

could be nice, but why bother with a target laser when you have tag missiles?

Also, If we are talking about non lethal gadgets, I wonder if the SCP engine could support a tractor/push beam or a grapling hook?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i think a target laser would be infinitely easier to use than the missiles.  a "painting laser" or something like that would be even cooler.  instantaneous, continuous beam that you would have to hold on target for a short period of time. (VERY short, or it wouldn't be useful against fighters.  maybe the time could scale with target size?)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
So you're saying you'd try using Subspace missile strikes on fighters?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If our lore were ever to provide an opportunity for it, both SSM strikes on fighters and local SSMs against fighters are something we could do.

The latter could be particularly fun, especially on warships; they could fire SSMs into subspace that would then emerge near your fighter.

Offline -Norbert-

could be nice, but why bother with a target laser when you have tag missiles?
Because tag missiles are pretty much fire and forget. With a laser you could require the player to keep on target untill the missile hits, or it goes astray.

Besides wasn't that the way subspace missiles were supposed to work originally? After all there was the targeting laser in stock FS2 which would show the text "artillary firing" when hitting something.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If our lore were ever to provide an opportunity for it, both SSM strikes on fighters and local SSMs against fighters are something we could do.

The latter could be particularly fun, especially on warships; they could fire SSMs into subspace that would then emerge near your fighter.

Tactical subspace Slammers?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns