Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 187757 times)

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Spoiler:
Narayana actually.
Oh great, that's an even more vital vessel than a Karuna.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
The Fedayeen rescued Laporte's ship with a Karuna, not a Corsair or two.
I think it is safe to assume the Fedayeen are not internal security forces, and have significantly more resources than anyone besides the Council of Elders is aware of.

The Revolutionary Guard are quite well-equipped too, arguably moreso then the KGB ever was, and are nearly a second army. In comparing the two, however, the point still stands; they're not well-trained and they're not terribly effective.

I was careful in choosing my analogy. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

But the Fedayeen have been able to keep such a low profile that most citizens of the UEF even doubt their very existance.
Now that might not mean they are top-notch pilots, but they got some serious skills in subterfuge and keeping secrets it would seem.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That's the sign of good Special Forces.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
But the Fedayeen have been able to keep such a low profile that most citizens of the UEF even doubt their very existance.
Now that might not mean they are top-notch pilots, but they got some serious skills in subterfuge and keeping secrets it would seem.

Except IIRC, the Vasudan and Terran pilots who took down the Lucifer (Which means the OLD Alpha 1) all vanished into the Fedayeen when the Ubuntu came to power. Think of the Fedayeen as a secretive military group (Paramilitary might have some more accurate connotations about their role pre Sol-GTVA civil war) with some badass veterans at the top.

I don't think they're going to be ill-trained, at all. I wouldn't doubt that most of their members are former fleet/marines/spec ops/law enforcement etc.

And given the words of the Masyaf, they are linked to Nagari based projects/initiatives.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline -Norbert-

I didn't want to say they are bad pilots, just that we don't know if they are. But even if they have top notch pilots, they can't have seen the kind of missions the SOC has. Taking down terrorists flying fighters from the beginning of the TV war can't be anywere near as challenging as going up against the NTF and the Shivans.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Oh snap! If part 2 is a Fedayeen campaign and if FS1 Alpha 1 is still alive (sure he is, with FS technology), you've got to give him/her a cameo.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Oh snap! If part 2 is a Fedayeen campaign and if FS1 Alpha 1 is still alive (sure he is, with FS technology), you've got to give him/her a cameo.
As what? He almost certainly wouldn't be a fighter pilot. :P

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
No no, just... have him message you. Like "I fought the Shivans the first time, blah blah, great portents of doom, etc."
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Or, "Damn whipper-snappers and your external missiles and reverse afterburner and moving parts, why in my day we didn't even have shields in the beginning!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

FS is The FutureTM, human longetivity is doubtless improved, and FS fighters aren't nearly as demanding as modern ones in the manuvering gee-forces department. If the team wanted to stick FS1's Alpha 1 in a cockpit one more time, anyone who wanted to gainsay that is an idiot. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

FS is The FutureTM, human longetivity is doubtless improved, and FS fighters aren't nearly as demanding as modern ones in the manuvering gee-forces department. If the team wanted to stick FS1's Alpha 1 in a cockpit one more time, anyone who wanted to gainsay that is an idiot. :P

Human longevity is indeed improved. There's mentions in the techroom of the Council of Elders gaining its name in part because members used longevity therapy to such an unprecedented extent.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i guess that explains why Sam was still a "young" fighter pilot after 18 years.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

That and his extensive tour of duty aboard the GTD Lorentz, cruising at .96 C.

Offline Flak

Most likely the old Alpha 1 from FS1 at least would be one of the fedayeen inner circle or at least a ship captain.

Offline -Sara-

Or he's simply dead. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Mmm, but if you think about it, many successful WWII pilots (mostly Allied, I've noticed, but anyone with a basic knowledge of both sides can probably make an educated guess as to why) have dropped military aviation altogether and gone off in the opposite direction. Hell, a fair few guys barely talk about their war days, and for good reason.

I wouldn't see it as unlikely for him to do something similar to Admiral Bei once the Council of Elders and whoever have finished raiding him for knowledge. Although I do recall seeing somewhere that he meditated for a while with the Council, or something implying that he did. But after you've seen the horrors of war, and how futile the whole process is (how many people did the Alliance lose fighting the Shivans?), it'd be understandable for him to want to have nothing to do with the war at this point.

Or the cooler alternative, Fedayeen Operators knocking at his door and calling him out of retirement with the promise of flying. :P

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

where the hell did the GTVA get a destroyer that can go that fast?  we go from ~30 m/s to 2880000 in 18 years?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

where the hell did the GTVA get a destroyer that can go that fast?  we go from ~30 m/s to 2880000 in 18 years?

They just turned off the inertial dampers, of course!

Well, besides a showdown between a Ravana and a Solaris destroyer...  ;)

I have to agree with requests for better anti-cap ship options. I got shredded whenever I went near GTVA forces, as was expected, so I just hung out at range and plinked turrets, and generally sacrificed my wingmen so I could live. Also, I know a big deal is made of 'fighting smart', with ships jumping out, but it seemed overplayed in the mission against the Carthage. EVERY enemy cruiser and corvette jumped out before I could finish them, and all friendly ships are simply massacred. Sure, it was all part of Steele' "according to keikaku" plan, but it felt unrealistic for a major engagement for the enemy not to lose a single vessel.