Author Topic: I am in love with a game  (Read 6001 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I am in love with a game
The game is Ace Combat 5 - Squadron Leader. This game has everything going for it. A ficticious world where countries with silly names fly real world combat aircraft. Real world combat aircraft that can magically carry 100 air to air missiles. Missions where a "squardron" of four planes are expected to shoot down an enemy squadron of say... fifty. Reams of dialogue. So much dialogue that your plane's radio is never quiet for a second, but best of all, none of it makes any sense! Oh and don't get me started on the laughably unrealistic Elitesque flight physics. I played this game for about 3 hours straight last night (which is a lot for me). Aside from the fact that it's beaituflly presented everything about this game is silly - and so much fun!

I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who has a PS2 and doesn't mind rooting around the second hand bargain bin at Blockbusters.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: I am in love with a game
Ace Combat series is bloody brilliant, I want a 360 version, I've got distant thunder on PS2, and the stories are the best bit :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
The game is Ace Combat 5 - Squadron Leader. This game has everything going for it. A ficticious world where countries with silly names fly real world combat aircraft. Real world combat aircraft that can magically carry 100 air to air missiles. Missions where a "squardron" of four planes are expected to shoot down an enemy squadron of say... fifty. Reams of dialogue. So much dialogue that your plane's radio is never quiet for a second, but best of all, none of it makes any sense! Oh and don't get me started on the laughably unrealistic Elitesque flight physics. I played this game for about 3 hours straight last night (which is a lot for me). Aside from the fact that it's beaituflly presented everything about this game is silly - and so much fun!

I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who has a PS2 and doesn't mind rooting around the second hand bargain bin at Blockbusters.

grab yourself AC4, then.
Ace Combat zero is a fun diversion at best, not quite as good at AC5, though
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Mmmm..... I'd rather mod it into FS2 :D

Although I'm tempted to have a snifter if I'm in Tescos at lunch........

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
 :confused: Huh, a snifter of what........

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/sim/acecombat04shatteredskies/media.html?sid=2674888&mode=gameplay&autoplay=2674888
AC4 is Distant thunder right, I heard someone call it Shattered skies at some point.......... :nod:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Mmmm..... I'd rather mod it into FS2 :D

Inspired, *googles 30+ fighter models.............*
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
The Ace Combat series is great! For sure one of the best series for the Ps2. AC4 is good but doesnt have nowhere near as good as a story of AC5. Really want to play Zero. :(

Offline Roanoke

I still play AC3 on occasion

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I love the AC series, I think I blew more time on those games than all the other combined, excepting FFX.  I even got the Falken in AC05.  :D

FYI:  AC04: Shattered Skies = AC04: Distant Thunder and AC05: The Unsung War = AC05: Squadron Leader.

Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
I've never been interested in the PS2, till I had a friend show me Ace Combat 5.  Someone else gave it to him, and it was pretty funny, because the guy who gave it to him pretty much came over, threw the game on the floor and said "I cant' play this damn thing at all!  It's too hard!"  After seeing a little bit of it, I am going to buy a PS2 (christmas gift sorta..) and get that, along with a bunch of squaresoft stuff.  It's pretty damn good if the damn game influences me to buy the freakin CONSOLE for it. 

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
See, this is why I don't like tactical shooters. They try so hard to be realistic and end up not being fun. I'm a big fan of unrealism in games (in the right areas). Take Metal Gear, for instance, there are nice little realistic touches, like taking tranquilizers to steady your aim or using cigarette smoke to see laser sensors, but then you've also got 20 stinger missiles and 4 cardboard boxes in you pocket. And that's okay.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere recieved critical responses for featuring unrealistic planes and scenarios, such as the Delphinus 1/2/3, XFA-36A Game, Orcinus, X-49, and the Geopelia.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:34:21 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I even got the Falken in AC05.  :D

You bastard, I've been trying to get the Falken for months! The only mission that's keeping me from getting it is that god damned Four Horsemen mission.

Anyway, Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies is the American name, Distant Thunder is European, etc. American names are much better and flashy. >.>
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Hmm thanks for reminding me of this one.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I love the AC series.  I got AC4 back when it first came out, which is the same time I actually got a PS2.  After that, I've gotten all PS2 releases of the series.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Note to self: next time self is home, self should actually start playing copy of AC4 that is gathering dust in self's room. :p

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I even got the Falken in AC05.  :D

You bastard, I've been trying to get the Falken for months! The only mission that's keeping me from getting it is that god damned Four Horsemen mission.

Anyway, Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies is the American name, Distant Thunder is European, etc. American names are much better and flashy. >.>

There is a very easy trick to beating that mission.  Do you want me to tell you? ;7 :drevil:
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

I disagree, AC1 was renamed to Air Combat in the US and Europe, I don't see that name so flashy.

Both of AC4 the Japanese and US versions were released the same day with the original name, the AC European version was released later, under the name of Distant Thunder. Very much like the same happened with Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War which is named Ace Combat: Squadron Leader in Europe.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:01:19 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
I'm on the invasion of Bastok Peninsula now.

Very cool game.