Author Topic: Ep. 421 "Daybreak: Part 2" Discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 35743 times)

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Ep. 421 "Daybreak: Part 2" Discussion (SPOILERS)
Making this ahead of time, since I've no doubts we'll have tons of these otherwise  :p.

God, time seems to be going by so slowly...

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Re: Ep. 421 "Daybreak: Part 2" Discussion (SPOILERS)
Spoiler:
Did Tigh say "God damn it" in the flashback?

Finally! A show that is ending in a halfway decent manor!  Shoulda known that wasn't the true earth!  haha!  Just excellent! 

-"You know he doesn't like being called that."

What the FRAK does that mean!!!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:10:08 pm by stumpjumper920 »

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I didn't think it was possible. But they did it. Every loose end was tied up. Every one. That was... Epic? Ama- Frak it, I lack the words. You all know what I mean.

Offline iamzack

OMGWTFBBQ

were drunk, but yes, good ending. excelltent ending. exxxcellent. excellent. yeah.

but... angels? gosh. I am having touched by an angel flashbacks now. blrgh.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

A great ending of an excellent series!!   :(  :cool:
Phasers?!?!?  We don't need no frakking phasers!

THAT WAS ABSOFRAKINGLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

So Kara became another being of light or angel, like all the virtual beings we know about. Lee is all alone... poor guy. I hate how they had adama wait till she was dead before she got the ring... its too sad.

"You know he doesn't like being called that" ... THAT blew my mind.

Offline iamzack

So i guess starbuck was never there? just a group hallucination? and then both the baltar and heather hallucinations were... angels...

was the implication that we made the same goddamn mistake at the end, what with all the robots and ****?

WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Well let's recap... we know of 9 Angels, so far.

- Virtual Baltar
 - Virtual Six
 - Virtual Leobon (that appears to Kara as she dies)
 - Virtual Elosha (that appears to Roslin while shes jumping to destroy the Hub)
 - the 5 that appeared to the Final Five that told them to go to the 12 colonies to stop the cycle.

I think that when Kara died, she became one of them, but she still had work to do. So she went back and sort of 'forgot' what she was... she took on human form, and when all the things she had to do were done, she remembered, and joined the others.

Offline iamzack

that's more like a ghost than an angel...

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Side note, Cavil on Galactica was hilarious.

that's more like a ghost than an angel...

Well, were I in Lee's shoes, I would imagine that it might be hard to make a distinction, not even worht trying, I think, between an Angel and a Ghost.

Absolutely frakking amazing. Ron Moore did not disappoint (nice cameo, btw). As the episode unfolded, I found myself going "Oh, I get that now! And that! It all makes sense!" The battle was epic, and the ending was very satisfying. I think they went a little over the top at the very end, with Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the montage of robots. But I like that they tied the series back to the overall message, that all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again. I guess the question is, will we as humanity break the cycle this time?

One final salute to the Battlestar Galactica, finest ship in the fleet.

Edit: Also, I concur that Kara was an angel ever since she dove into the maelstrom. It was her destiny to die, so that she could return as an angel and lead the fleet to its end. With her task complete, she left.

Another edit: Btw, looking forward to playing the Battle of the Black Hole in Diaspora.  ;7
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:14:36 pm by Angreifer »

Another edit: Btw, looking forward to playing the Battle of the Black Hole in Diaspora.  ;7

I completely agree. I hope that support for this project does not diminish with the end of the show.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That was everything I wanted and a bit more.

I guess they were saving their CGI budget for those EIGHT BILLION awesome Centurions.

It occurs to me, one thing that wasn't explained was who the pianist was. I mean, it's supposed that it was Kara's dad. But did he appear to her as an angel? If she was an angel also, was it to guide her? Or maybe the pianist was a manifestation of God himself? Or, whatever he likes to be called.  :p

I'd be okay with him being either one, the god or the angel. I forgot to add him to that list >.<

I'm willing to bed that its not even that the angel or god used kara's father's image to come to kara, but was in fact kara's father from the beginning.

Possibly. It's one of those things I think we'll never know. I think it's safe to surmise that Kara at that point was metaphysical though. And clearly God has had a guiding hand in everything from the beginning.

Also, minor edit for the thread title, this was technically Episode 22, not 21.

good ending except for the destruction of the fleet, they should of dismantled it for good and used it for settlements, that way they could keep in contact easier, i get RDM wanting to fit them into out past etc, but i mean common, sieriously ??

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Possibly. It's one of those things I think we'll never know. I think it's safe to surmise that Kara at that point was metaphysical though. And clearly God has had a guiding hand in everything from the beginning.

Also, minor edit for the thread title, this was technically Episode 22, not 21.

22 part 2 doesn't make any sense though.  :wtf: Well, whatever, doesn't matter.