Author Topic: Solar Wars Prequel Story/s  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Solar Wars Prequel Story/s
I'm currently working on a campaign called Solar Wars (An Inferno campaign) which takes place after the defeat of the Earth Alliance. However to create some interest I am making a few stories to go with it before the campaigns release.

Anyway here is number one, hope you enjoy. :)

===

It can’t be…..it just can’t! But it was and it was also the fourth time he had watched the vid-clip. In front of him in the private cabin played the recording of the Battle of Earth, and in that recording was one of the most horrible sights any Earth Alliance commander should ever of had to see. The destruction of the EASD Nemesis.

Somehow the GTVA’s gamble of an attack had paid off and there were reports that debris of the Nemesis was still raining down into her atmosphere. He sighed, soon afterwards Earth Alliance had surrendered and a peace treaty signed with the GTVA.

How had it all gone wrong? Everything was perfect, the EA had captured the Sol gate, taken a number of GTVA systems and held them. But at some point it had all changed, the GTVA began to retake system after system and destroy ship after ship.

Before he knew it his own ship had been ordered to withdraw to Sol in preparation for the impending GTVA attack, he’d told himself it was all just a precaution that everything would be fine - how wrong he was.

Not just that but in the Ross 128 system the Shivans had returned and attempted to destroy one of the EA’s base of operations, the crew members of that installation had been saved by a GTVA patrol. And now they were at peace, forced to submit to the GTVA.

The Earth Alliance had survived and grown by uniting Terrans under one banner, under one leadership. They had destroyed the rouge governments of Jupiter, Pluto and Mars during the early years of the EA, they had bought Sol under one might empire….to be beat by a rag-tag group of Humans and Vasudans was beyond believe to any self-respecting EA Admiral.

“Admiral Cole” The communication panel next to his bed said in a soft female voice. “Please report to the bridge, Central has a transmission pending for you”

Cole got up from his prone position and clicked  his back, his uniform a dark blue colour and gold Admiral pips clearly showed who was in charge.

“Understood” He spoke into the unit. “I shall be right there”

With that he exited his cabin, taking one last look at the still playing vid-clip, and closed the door. The journey towards the bridge was uneventful and quick, the officers cabins were all pretty close to the bridge and set up for easy access should there be an emergency. He entered through the thick steel doors, a brush of cold air filled his nostrils as the giants opened.

“Admiral on the deck!” A crisp voice spoke and the bridge crew stopped and saluted, the traditional salute of the Earth Alliance was a fist and arm placed on the left shoulder. He returned the salute and proceeded to the centre of the bridge, picking up a headset as he moved and placed it around his head.

“Central on gold channel 1, Admiral.” The same female voice spoke.

“Patch me through, encode every 4 seconds” Cole said sharply as he could hear the static on the headset begin to die out.

“Aye, sir. Transmission and link established”

“Admiral Cole, this is Central.” A hard voice spoke, if Cole didn’t know any better he’d say the man on the other end was bored.

“This is Admiral Cole, EAD Redemption”

“Admiral, what is your current location?”

He wiped his forehead, the Redemption was undergoing repairs around Mars after a battle with an GTVA destroyer. “Central, we are currently at Mars undergoing a refit of weapons subsystems.”

The voice on the other end seemed to stop and thing for a few moments before continuing. “Admiral, once your repairs are complete you will proceed to the Delta Serpentis Jump Node and contact Earth command for further instructions.”

He didn’t understand, but than again Central very rarely told anyone the full story. “Very good, Central. We will ship out before the day ends. Might I ask what we are going for?”

Again the voice seemed to pause for a moment and it suddenly felt to Cole like the bridge had lost all environment control as he felt cold, like something had stabbed directly into his heart. “You may not, all you need to know is that we need you there ASAP. Central out.”

The headset was replaced with static once again and Admiral Cole was left to wonder why it was so important his ship depart for the Delta Serpentis Node.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Darkon

There is a couple problems with this story line :

The EASD Nemesis was not destroyed in the official Inferno campaign but heavily damaged.  The EA surrendered before it was destroyed.

The R2 storyline has not been officially released so your story can directly conflict with theirs.

Still,  I think the writing was good and its great you are interested in the Inferno campaign storyline which I think is great.

Offline Kie99

Don't let those problems stop you making the campaign, set it in an alternate timeline.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
Originally posted by kietotheworld
Don't let those problems stop you making the campaign, set it in an alternate timeline.

:) Thats what I was planning to do since, as stated, the Inferno storyline might be something else altogether. So I plan for it to be in an alternate timeline.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Fergus

(Groans when he sees alot of text)
I think'll wait for the missions before I start reading.
Generic signature quote blabber

Wasn't Solar Wars supposed to be an FS mod for Doom 3?

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
Originally posted by Triple Ace
Wasn't Solar Wars supposed to be an FS mod for Doom 3?

:nervous: It was? If thats the case I'll have to come up with a name change!