Author Topic: Sins of a Solar Empire - Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races - PA - 0.40 MOD  (Read 35965 times)

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races - PA - 0.35 MOD
More info on the B5 mod can be found at:

http://danmangames.com/forums/index.php?board=58.0

Offline Slasher

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races - PA - 0.35 MOD
Still looking great!

What version pf sins does this run on, Looks great btw

Currently it runs on Entrenchment 1.041.  I believe they may upgrade to Diplomacy once it leaves beta though.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Still looking great!

Thanks for your comment!

Currently it runs on Entrenchment 1.041.  I believe they may upgrade to Diplomacy once it leaves beta though.

Thanks for answering that!

EA Explorer WIP tex update:

Shadow TEASER

Update:
Narn Bin tak WIP

Vorlon Dreadnought WIP:

EA Chronos

Model update:

Model update:

Model update:

Tex. WIP update: Sharlin replaced by a low poly model by Fileosoft - early tex (a lot more details to add):

Coming soon for Diplomacy!

Shadow deathcloud by Tobiwahn

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That's pretty sweet, but shouldn't it be more cloudy?

Granted, I'm no expert on the show.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It should definitely be more cloudy. You couldn't see the purple parts until they went inside of the cloud, if i recall correctly.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I think you're not supposed to see the planet either....but looks great anyways.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

That's pretty sweet, but shouldn't it be more cloudy?

Granted, I'm no expert on the show.

Thanks for you comment and noted ... the Deathcloud is still a WIP ... but more cloudy from a distance ... as you zoom in you see more of the structure.

It should definitely be more cloudy. You couldn't see the purple parts until they went inside of the cloud, if i recall correctly.

Yes ... I zoomed into the cloud (but there are some issues with the particle effects as it is massive and sucks up a lot of RAM ... again still a WIP ...

I think you're not supposed to see the planet either....but looks great anyways.

Yes ... and as above ... and thank you for your comment.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It looks good. I wouldn't worry too much about getting all sorts of particles all over it.

PreAlpha 0.40

http://www.filefront.com/user/TobiWahn_Kenobi
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VX9ODQ3

Contents:

Races:
    Minbari
    EA
    Narn
    Centauri
    Shadows
    Vorlon

Models:

General:
        Jumpgate New!

Minbari:
        Tinashi
        Nial (Tishat)
        Flyer
        Sharlin (Sharkaan, Sharoos) New!

Earth Alliance:
        Avenger Carrier
        Artemis Frigate
        Hermes Transport
        Omega Destroyer
        Sagittarius Cruiser
        Starfury Aurora
        Victory Destroyer
        EA Explorer!
        Apollo!

Shadows:
        Ancient Battlecrab
        DeathCloud!

Narn:
        G'Quan!

Centauri:
        Vorchan

Vorlon:
        Heavy Cruiser!

Textures:
    Preliminary textures for all the Minbari models (Only Sharlin has final) (if someone has the patience to do them properly, please lend a hand)
    Textures for all included models

Abilities:
    Landing Teams
    Tug Ability (Towboat)
    Tractor beam (Sharlin)
    Telepathic Immobilizer
    Jumppoint ability(needs some corrections to be done)
    Jumpgate
    And many more...

Starbases:
    Basic Starbases for all factions ( except shadows )
    Jumpgates for EA, Narn, Centauri and Minbari

Research:
    Minbari Warrior Caste research tree

GUI:
    Fonts
    Intro Music
    Loadscreens
    Intro Videos
    Icons

Music:
    Battle music 1 & 2
    Quiet music 1 & 2

Sounds:
    Vorchan Ion cannon

Limitations:
    First testing of the Antimatter refuel mechanic, AI may not use much of it.
    Vorlon Fighter is used as Scout for now, or game will crash when used by AI

If anyone wants to contribute to this mod, please contact me. Any models, sounds, music, textures, abilities and so on are welcomed. I will however keep control of the stats.

Blog with screenshots and infos maintained by SteinerX can be found here
http://babylon5ins.blogspot.com/

Developer and Bug Report Forums are over here

http://b5-sotyr.origo.ethz.ch/wiki/b5_sotyr

Job Descriptions

http://b5-sotyr.origo.ethz.ch/node/38

Yours

TobiWahn_Kenobi

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races - PA - 0.40 MOD
This is all looking really impressive guys :yes:. I'm a big fan of the show and i used to play a B5 mod for Star Trek Armada II (still got the installer on my PC in fact) so a lot of the tabletop ships are also quite familiar. If i ever get Sins of a Solar Empire i'll have to have a look at this.

[Vadervoice]I find your lack of whitestars dissapointing[/Vadervoice] :lol:

Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Babylon 5 - Sins of the Younger Races - PA - 0.40 MOD
Thanks for your comments ... whitestars have not been ruled out just so much to do with just a small band of modders ... we have many wonderful ships but few texturers :(

So we do the best we can with the limitations we have :)