Author Topic: cruiser03x.pof  (Read 2438 times)

Offline -Norbert-

When I tryed to load mission 4 (the one where you first fight the Shivans) I got a COD.
In the Debug Spew the last line is "Loading model 'cruiser03x.pof'"
and the messagebox said something about problems with too.
If you need it I have the copyed Debug Spew and the Error-Message-Box.
I tryed it with and without the zpack with no difference. The Spew is from a try with the zpack (mission 1 crashed with zpack, mission 3 loaded fine with zpack).

And earlier in the Spew was stated, that it couldn't load a lot of pcx for weapons, but that didn't seemed to cause any problems.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Try without mv_aseffects.vp, if you're using it.
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline -Norbert-

That worked fine. Thank you.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
It's the leviathan model (altered textures) from the ShineLT releases (should be). It's included with the builds.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Does it strike anyone else that including unsupported crash causing stuff in official Media VPs without all their components might not be the wisest course of action?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Actually, IIRC, it's the cain model.  The Leviathan is Cruiser01x.  Anyway, the bug is related to the high-res art, and since there is now a difference between the previously-identical cruiser maps, we need two models.  It just got left out of a build is all.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Does it strike anyone else that including unsupported crash causing stuff in official Media VPs without all their components might not be the wisest course of action?

:rolleyes: All I know is that there was a normal-poly looking Cain in the mediaVP, which I removed because it didn't seem to have a reason to be there. It should've gone in mv_textures; anyway, the ShineLT build I have (v 15) doesn't have it, and I don't feel like downloading a 90 MB or so package just for that POF. :doubt: It probably shouldn't've been in there anyway, as v15 was the version I added to the mVP and it doesn't have it - the dependency probably got introduced when I added fs2freak's (IIRC) tables to aseffects in the final version.
-C

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Heh, don't remove the supplied models. They're vital for proper function. :p
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
:rolleyes: All I know is that there was a normal-poly looking Cain in the mediaVP, which I removed because it didn't seem to have a reason to be there. It should've gone in mv_textures; anyway, the ShineLT build I have (v 15) doesn't have it, and I don't feel like downloading a 90 MB or so package just for that POF. :doubt:

The work around I posted contains the model and is much smaller :D You're right that the model should be in mv_texture not mv_models though. There are lots of people who use mv_textures who won't use  mv_models due to slowdowns.

It might be an idea to include a low poly fenris/leviathan (whichever uses the new maps) in there as well. But I can understand if no one wants to do that :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by StratComm
The Leviathan is Cruiser01x.

absolutely.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta