Author Topic: A glitch i guess  (Read 1989 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
just gave 3.7.2 rc3 a test drive...here's the glitch. external primary and secondary models do not show while in cockpit view (using "show ship" tbl flag) and sub-object animations do not play in cockpit view (show ship again). the animations and external weapons show in external view however. the updated Saracen was the test vehicle for this, the bomb bay doors and primary mounts above them are the most visible. did something change in ships.tbl/tbm and weapons.tbl/tbm that i need to update or is this something related to the engine itself?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:19:51 pm by --Steve-O-- »
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline m!m

Did this ever work? I just looked at the code and neither animations or external weapon models are or were ever drawn.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Uhhh

External weapon models are drawn. I mean, we use them a lot in BP.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline m!m

Are they drawn when you are in the cockpit and the ship has the "show ship" flag? At least that's how I understood the initial question.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Ah, right. No, they aren't.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, it's a bug then, and a pretty bad one. They certainly used to show when in cockpit. Especially visible on Jackal/Kentauroi.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
show ship was deprecated even when i was still making stuff. i only used it (initially to see guns, which didnt work in the cockpit models at the time) to allow scripting interfaces to model subobjects so i could do all those cockpit goodies i added with scripting, texture replacement, rtt, cockpit submodel animation, the works (some of which were depricated by swifty's cockpit code). even before that most of the coders were good and ready to pull support for the show ship flag around the time cockpit models were implemented. i remember protesting that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:05:02 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Show Ship is the only way you could see external guns and animations, which is why I'm not that fond of cockpit models. There should be a way to allow animations to play and weapons to show on a cockpit model.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
thats the obvious solution.

i think it was supposed to implemented so that if a subobject had a name similar to one on the ship model, its local animations would be copied over to the cockpit model. i dont know if it was ever implemented though.

i found the post about it (see taylor's reply to my post):

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=50537.msg1021952#msg1021952
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:51:55 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN