Author Topic: The stupid... it burns!  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
The stupid... it burns!
Nutshelled: A bunch of real muricans made an actual movie about the liberals' war on Christmas and freedom, with the main antagonists being the ACLO(American Civil Liberties Organization), and the protagonist being the mayor who wants to do state-endorsed religion. There's even climate change denialism references in there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iue0Wi3gY <--- trailer

There's a link to the full version in the "related videos" side bar if you're feeling really, really masochistic.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: The stupid... it burns!
Quote from: From Cracked.com
If you think there is a War on Christmas, you're at best a ****brained nutbag, yet highly educated Bill O'Reilly has said several times that the war was real and his side won. Unfortunately, winning an imaginary war only you can see is like jerking off into a tube sock and bragging that you sweet-talked it into anal.

I really can't say it better than Seanbaby already has. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Why am I glad I'm not surrounded by idiots?
This is why I'm glad I'm not surrounded by idiots. I'm actually glad I'm surrounded by hypocritical tree huggers in this case
"No"

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Actually Abe Lincoln riding Grizzly with a M4 and the Constitution is probably the best solution to state rights secessionists.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Watching the full video right now.

only one hour and twenty five minutes to go.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Nutshelled: A bunch of real muricans made an actual movie about the liberals' war on Christmas and freedom, with the main antagonists being the ACLO(American Civil Liberties Organization), and the protagonist being the mayor who wants to do state-endorsed religion. There's even climate change denialism references in there!

Just goes to show that the religious right can be just as intrusive as the overly political correct left.
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Oh and the acting is terrible too.
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

I only had to get that far into the first amendment of the US constitution to find the flaw in this guy's plan.  Judging by the trailer, any non-christians in that little town are probably villains, rather than people who don't want their rights trampled.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Watching the full video right now.

only one hour and twenty five minutes to go.

Feeling "niggarized" yet? :P

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
So, if this movie is indeed poorly acted and poorly researched, why post a thread about it and advertise it, thereby inflicting it on others?  Why not let it go gently into that dark night?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Cause the stupidity isn't plainly obvious to everybody. If you never challenge myths because they are plainly false, you end up with more people believing them.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Cause the stupidity isn't plainly obvious to everybody. If you never challenge myths because they are plainly false, you end up with more people believing them.

That would work if anyone was challenging, but this appears to be designed for "laugh with me at the stupid people", which really serves no useful purpose.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Plus, if the film really is as bad as people are making it out to be, then the challenge is no more persuasive than knocking down a straw man.

That would work if anyone was challenging, but this appears to be designed for "laugh with me at the stupid people", which really serves no useful purpose.

What is there to challenge? Its 3 parts fairy tale, 2 parts conspiracy theory crap, with a dash of good old fashioned crazy thrown in.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

What is there to challenge? Its 3 parts fairy tale, 2 parts conspiracy theory crap, with a dash of good old fashioned crazy thrown in.

Well if you don't agree with Karaj either, that's nice, but it's not helping his case...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
The sad thing is I know people who would believe every piece of bull**** this movie puts forth as literal truth, sadder still I'm related to some of them.

I like how the comments and ratings sections have been disabled, must of had too many people calling them out on said bull****.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:24:13 pm by BrotherBryon »
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
My favorite part - from the trailer - is that the only non-Caucasian in the entire film also happens to be the "villian."
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

@ NGT: Yar. Thought I edited to quote his post and make a separate reply to yours. Guess it didn't go through.

Anyway:

Is anyone inclined to defend the video, or its message for that matter? Cause without that all any refutation or challenge is still 'let's laugh at the stupid people' but with lots more words.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Not to mention that "Let's point and laugh at stupid people" is a challenge in and of itself. It's a refusal to view their point of view as anything other than comedy. A refutation of their points actually helps legitimise them.