Author Topic: WOW....simply WOW  (Read 11253 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think he meant "at the time the campaign happens" with "even now".
Don't forget that he's FREDing this campaign. :)

Offline -Norbert-

Defensive warfare against the Shivans is a lost cause.
But against the Shivans it seems to be the only option.
No one knows were they come from and the only static shivan objects the GTVA ever saw were the comm-nodes in that one soc mission (Actually I'm not even sure they really count as static stations. When I put a Dis close to a comm-node in fred it looks as if the Dis is capable to carrying it around, if the rotations arms are stopped).

How can you go in the offensive if you don't know were to attack?

The thing about being surrounded by the Shivans is that you can attack in any direction.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
How can you go in the offensive if you don't know were to attack?

That's the beauty of it. The Shivans are optimized for offensive combat and they have no targets they need defend.  It makes them incredibly dangerous. Still, once can assume the tactical offensive and attack their ships rather than waiting for them to attack yours. While killing them all is the most inefficent method of winning a war, it will still work.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me FS2, or at least BP, takes place 'right about now, in a galaxy far far away?'

So. Lame.  :p

Heh heh heh...

NO.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 03:44:56 pm by Leeko »

Offline mxlm

I think he meant "at the time the campaign happens" with "even now".

I think so too. But deliberate misinterpretations are fun.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Vanion

Since this topic best described my feelings on completing the campaign, I'm replying here.

I'm not going to go into any detail on the campaign here, since I think everyone knows what happened (or doesn't want to know since they haven't completed the campaign yet).

I absolutely loved AoA, especially the ending. The whole campaign seemed very polished to me... the only thing that was lacking was voice acting, which would have made it "uber-awesome" :-) Really, really looking forward to War In Heaven...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Voice acting almost done!

Glad you liked it! Praise fuels WiH development.

Offline Vanion

Wow, super-fast response ;-)

Well, if you need another voice actor (optionally featuring cheesy german accent), just let me know. In any case, keep up the good work - REALLY looking forward to the next installment of blue planet ;-)

By the way, this is a standing offer: Should you need an additional voice actor, I'd love to help.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:42:20 pm by Vanion »

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:58:37 am by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wow, super-fast response ;-)

Well, if you need another voice actor (optionally featuring cheesy german accent), just let me know. In any case, keep up the good work - REALLY looking forward to the next installment of blue planet ;-)

By the way, this is a standing offer: Should you need an additional voice actor, I'd love to help.

Just mosey on over to the voice acting forum and check the thread there. Audition and send it in and odds are if you've got a decent mic and some talent you'll have at least a shot at a role.

Offline Vanion

Thanks. I'll do that.

Offline -Norbert-

Shortcut ;)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=63738.0

Just remember to send your VA files to both General Battuta and Rian, to make it easier for them.

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
I severely doubt that the resources of the Sol system are anywhere near depleted. The gas giants, asteroid belt, and various rocky planetoids provide truly gargantuan quantities of raw material, and unlike the rest of the GTVA, Sol has a uniformly well-developed infrastructure with a lot of depth.

I tend to agree.  It makes sense that humanity was all about expanding and claiming the most that they could as fast as they could.  IIRC Vasudans mention negatively that Terrans did just that and it's also mentioned that Vasudans squeezed everything they could in the few systems they had.
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years