Author Topic: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion  (Read 137955 times)

Offline VPR

Re: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion
Just finished playing through and I have to say this is a significant improvement over the original release, which in itself was good quality.

Spoiler:
First off the biggest single improvement for me was the Vishnan section of the campaign. The new skyboxes for this part (and outside of it) had to be one of the biggest gains in immersion factor for me and easily equalled the added immersion of the voice overs. The first release version of this was good but it just didn't pull me in enough to what was going on storywise, this time it properly hit the mark for me and was more clear.

New models where also very good, again the Vishnans were a big improvement along with the Sanctuary's forces and that previously ugly spacesuit! :p

Backstory is often missing in most of the campaigns I've played so far or is only lightly touched on as if it's an after thought. It was good to see this level of effort put in for Blue Planet (on your website and in game), it must have taken a large amount of time and I think it paid off bigtime as it added greatly to the setting of the campaign. It also shows the level of pride your team has for their work to put in so much effort to immerse players before they even get to playing the missions.

Changes in the dialogue along with voice overs also made it more clear of what was going on overall and as said by others the cutscenes were also greatly improved and played out much better,
Spoiler:
especially the death of Bei's mother and sister.
Much better done in regards to camera positioning and direction this time around.

I played through with Fury's enhancements from the start (on medium difficulty) which did seem to make combat play better.
Spoiler:
The Dragon swarm in the second earth patrol mission was a bit hairy to say the least. The mission where you protected the GTC Duke against the Demon had to be possibly the hardest part in the campaign for me (probably due to Fury's AI and the fact I only had 30% hull left at the start of it).

Last but not least the music. How much does a good soundtrack add to things. I think the music even in the first release was very good and certainly no worse than what we've heard on TV shows such as the recent Battlestar Galactica series. It really does compliment this campaign as much as the voice overs if not more. To me it is one of the strong points of AoA that really stands out. It's good to see other projects like Earth Defence for example making good use of their own in-house produced music.

So now for the criticisms and nitpicks.

The only problem I had with the voice was the command briefings from Captain Al'Faddil at the start of the campaign. Sometimes the speech dipped low enough it was inaudable in places.

Spoiler:
I'm sure previously a Lilith used to attack the Sanctuary near the end of Universal Truth? Removing it made the mission seem a little less challenging and unfortunately kind of took the edge off of it.

Terran wingman built-in messages play in the first Vishnan flyable mission (The Great Preservers) if you order them to depart, I haven't tried similar orders outside of this Vishnan mission however, again minor as you can just leave the depart orders alone.

Wing reservation keys (function keys) weren't used much in most missions. Yes this is a very minor nitpick but I personally like to be able to bring a wing up quickly in battle and see what they're currently doing. It can help management (personally) if events change quickly during a mission and you need to see where allied wings are at a single press of a button and what they're doing.

Other than that it was a pleasure to play again. The obvious hard work put into the voice-overs and graphical enhancements have been well worth the wait and I'm now looking forward to playing War in Heaven when it's ready. Great work!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
you can set the wing hotkeys yourself in-mission. 

add me to the tally of observing strange AI behavior.  i saw one of them inside that box-like cutout in the orestes, merrily flying back and forth, bashing himself repeatedly into the walls.  he was down to about 14 % hull before the sathanas arrived and he stopped  :lol: (see shots below)

also, one last glitch found, the hud ammo got screwed up in the final mission after ariving in sol. (3rd attach)

[attachment deleted by admin]
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:04:45 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No. There was no room in the story and nothing more seemed necessary. It would have been a bad idea to mess with some nearly pitch-perfect pacing.

Offline -Norbert-

The Lilith in forced entry is still there, but instead of immediately firing away after jumping in, it now takes a little time before it starts. Enough time to reach it with an Aurora and take the main gun out with Kaysers (after double Trebs only put the turret down to 79% due to bad angle).

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Fantastic!

Much better than the original release, which I stopped playing at forced entry because it was pissing me off so much.  I very much look forward to the next chapter of Blue Planet.

The only problem I had with the voice was the command briefings from Captain Al'Faddil at the start of the campaign. Sometimes the speech dipped low enough it was inaudable in places.

Noticed that too, but I changed sound settings as suggested in the release thread and that fixed my problems with understanding the voices.  Though I haven't gone back and checked to see if it helped with the first couple of missions.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Al'Faddil was another case where we just couldn't find a way to amplify the audio without losing quality and causing horrible clipping. It's a shame, too, since Dave Reggi's performance was great.

In fact, I'd like to ask for specific praise for these actors that we can pass back to them.

And yeah, setting music to 2/3rds volume should solve the problem.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Indeedery. Our VAs deserve praise by the truckload.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Hehe. The Neruh's scream in mission 2 makes Blue Planet "filmly"  ;) . Great VA.

Heh, that was actually my idea in a spur of a moment. It was well received in the team, I made the scream file from the famous scream and added a bit of static to the end, and Nehru's final moments became a bit more memorable. Here's the exact quote from our developement channel:

<@HerraTohtori> hooray
<@HerraTohtori> I managed to keep Nehru alive :D
<@The_E> What
<@The_E> But
<@The_E> He's a goddamn redshirt
<@The_E> He's supposed to have a semi-tragic death
<@HerraTohtori> mwahaha
<@The_E> You have robbed him of his destiny
<@HerraTohtori> he didn't even have a death scream
<@HerraTohtori> hey
<@HerraTohtori> could we use the Wilhelm Scream??
<@The_E> Hell yes we couls
<@The_E> *could

:p

Also, here's a little slice of life from another time, when we were solving a mysterious problem in "Finding Sanctuary". It's a bit long for an irc quote, but it's definitely worth reading, it's funny and will give you a bit of an insight to what kind of things can go wrong when playtesting a mission - and what can be done to prevent the players from ruining the mission... :lol:

Code: [Select]
19:46 <@HerraTohtori> huzzah I beat Finding Sanctuary on Insane
19:46 <@HerraTohtori> it's a frustrating mission
19:46 <@Fury`> with or without 3612?
19:46 <@HerraTohtori> with
19:46 <@Fury`> hehe
19:47 <@HerraTohtori> the first wing of Nahemas expends their bombs at the Sanctuary and there's nothing you can do about it
19:47 <@HerraTohtori> then the second wing launches their bombs outside the sensor range
19:47 <@HerraTohtori> so you have to be at the right place to intercept that volley of bombs
19:48 <@HerraTohtori> and you need to destroy the second wing of Nahemas really fast
19:48 <@HerraTohtori> while flying an Aurora -_-
19:48 <@Fury`> egads
19:48 <@Fury`> I was blinded by your nebula skybox again
19:48 <@HerraTohtori> post processing...
19:48 <@HerraTohtori> or sun glare?
19:49 <@HerraTohtori> anyway
19:49 <@Fury`> I swear I had HUD enabled too
19:49 <@Fury`> but it seems to vanish somewhere into the nebula
19:50 <@HerraTohtori> Finding Sanctuary IS possible on Insane and with 3612 mod. But it's damn hard and you need to know what to do prior to the mission
19:50 <@HerraTohtori> so it's kinda lame
19:50 <@HerraTohtori> I prefer missions where you can respond instead of anticipate and still beat the mission
19:50 <@HerraTohtori> of course on lower difficulties the weapons do less damage, at least without the 3612 AI mods
19:51 -!- DarthGeek is now known as DarthGeek|AFK
19:51 <@HerraTohtori> the Sanctuary is at around 30% hull if you're lucky once you reach it and can start doing something
19:51 <@HerraTohtori> the distance from "the sanctuary is hailing us" needs to be at least half what it is now
19:52 <@HerraTohtori> just my opinion
20:00 <@HerraTohtori> either that OR the first wing of Nahemas needs to be changed to something a little less dangerous
20:01 <@HerraTohtori> maybe Nephilims or Taurvis
20:06 <@Battutaway> HerraTohtori: could you replay Finding Sanctuary
20:06 <@Battutaway> right now
20:06 <@Battutaway> please tell me what distance you are at when the Sanctuary hails you
20:07 <@Battutaway> it should be seven klicks; if it is not something is VERY wrong
20:07 <@HerraTohtori> ok
20:09 -!- DarthGeek|AFK is now known as DarthGeek
20:14 <@HerraTohtori> Battutaway: distance, 18 klicks
20:16 <@HerraTohtori> http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9980/sanctuarydistancehorrib.png
20:17 <@Battutaway> what.
20:17 <@Battutaway> the ****.
20:17 <@Battutaway> are you on latest SVN?
20:18 <@HerraTohtori> I followed Iwakura
20:18 <@HerraTohtori> yes
20:18 <@Battutaway> goddamn WHAT THE HELL.
20:18 <@HerraTohtori> then the Sanctuary appeared *behind us*
20:18 <@Battutaway> what was her time-to-waypoints counter at?
20:18 <@HerraTohtori> and Iwakura/Tell did a 180
20:18 <@HerraTohtori> time-to-whowah
20:18 <@HerraTohtori> ?
20:19 <@Battutaway> if you target her
20:19 <@Battutaway> it'll say how long it'll be until she reaches the end of her waypoints
20:19 <@HerraTohtori> oh
20:19 <@HerraTohtori> zero
20:19 <@HerraTohtori> no orders
20:19 <@Battutaway> ...
20:20 <@Battutaway> and this was on?
20:20 <@Battutaway> 3.6.10?
20:20 <@Battutaway> could you load up 3.6.11 and play the mission?
20:20 <@Battutaway> I have a crawling, creeping suspicion as to what this is
20:21 <@HerraTohtori> actually, I'm playing with 3.6.11
20:21 <@HerraTohtori> as I had 3.6.12 mod activated
20:21 <@HerraTohtori> but it doesn't change missions right?
20:21 <@Fury`> I played it just earlier and distance was ~7km
20:21 <@HerraTohtori> hmh
20:21 <@Battutaway> yeah...last time I played it it was ~7km
20:21 <@Battutaway> why, why, why why would it ever change
20:21 <@HerraTohtori> lemme ditch the 3612 mod and play it on 3.6.10 INF
20:21 <@Battutaway> okay
20:22 <@The_E> HerraTohtori: You sure you played the latest version?
20:22 <@Battutaway> see, this is why I was asking people to test
20:22 <@HerraTohtori> updated SVN right before playing
20:22 <@HerraTohtori> I can do it again...
20:22 <@HerraTohtori> and the build in question is r5862 inf sse2
20:23 <@HerraTohtori> ok, running it now
20:23 <@HerraTohtori> with 3.6.10 inf
20:23 <@The_E> Okay, starting distance is 23k
20:24 <@HerraTohtori> oh by the way
20:24 <@Fury`> HerraTohtori: As said, the 3612 mod doesn't alter missions themselves in any way. It only adds new weapon effects and customized AI classes.
20:25 <@HerraTohtori> do you want me to run a moderate strength Leveller filter to Sam's lines in "Finding Sanctuary"?
20:25 <@HerraTohtori> they're a bit weak compared to the lightning strokes going around all the time
20:25 <@Battutaway> yeah, please do :)
20:26 <@Battutaway> The_E: yeah that sounds right...you mean distance AT START OF MISSION, right?
20:26 <@Battutaway> not when the distress call goes off?
20:26 <@The_E> Yeah
20:27 <@Battutaway> okay, whew
20:27 <@The_E> Just trying to figure out how much time there has to pass before the events uncloaking the Sanctuary fire
20:27 <@The_E> I already know that it's a minute after the Eriana vision
20:28 <@HerraTohtori> ok, this time the distance is about 8000 when the sanctuary uncloaks
20:28 <@HerraTohtori> and it is ahead of us
20:28 <@Battutaway> good
20:28 <@Battutaway> that's how it should work every time
20:29 <@HerraTohtori> ok, now we need to figure out what changes it
20:29 <@Battutaway> if you were playing with the 3.6.12 mod, it's possible that the Fury AI is much faster because it has smart afterburner use
20:29 <@HerraTohtori> is it the build or the 3612 AI changes
20:29 <@The_E> Okay, it should happen predictably 196 seconds into the mission
20:29 <@Battutaway> yeah
20:29 <@HerraTohtori> also this time I played on medium
20:30 <@Battutaway> that should make no difference, I pray
20:31 <@The_E> 196 second's travel at around 90 mps should move them a distance of 17640 meters, given that we are not travelling in a straight line at
               constant speed, about 7k distance to target once it screams for help should be right
20:31 <@Fury`> Battutaway: sorry but your theory is false
20:32 <@Fury`> I played it earlier today WITH 3612 mod
20:32 <@Fury`> distance to the Sanctuary was ~7km
20:32 -!- Snail [[email protected]] has joined #bp
20:32 <@The_E> There are literally no variables in that mission that should screw this up
20:32 <@Battutaway> I concur
20:33 <@HerraTohtori> holy **** the mission became easy :D
20:33 <@Battutaway> yes
20:33 <@Battutaway> it's supposed to be
20:33 <@HerraTohtori> sanctuary at 43% hull
20:33 <@HerraTohtori> on medium
20:33 <@Battutaway> there's a huge dialogue chain before the combat...failure should NOT happen
20:33 <@Fury`> In fact, I've retried the mission up to three times with 3612 mod and each time it was in 7-8km range
20:33 <@Fury`> perhaps little less than 7km once
20:34 <@Fury`> Iwakura and co. do not use afterburners when they travel the waypoints
20:34 <@Battutaway> okay. what we need to do is just test this on 3.6.10 and 3.6.11 latest
20:34 <@Battutaway> and make sure there is no difference.
20:34 <@Battutaway> can everyone do that now?
20:34 <@Battutaway> Battuta|test
20:34 -!- Battutaway is now known as Battuta|test
20:34 <@Battuta|test> lulz
20:34 <@Fury`> already tested in .11 several times
20:35 <@Battuta|test> woo, District 9 tabled track
20:35 <@Battuta|test> fewking awesome
20:35 <@Battuta|test> fewking prawns
20:37 <@Fury`> District 9? Well damn, if that's where it's from, the movie is probably way too new to be used in BP
20:37 -!- DarthGeek is now known as DarthGeek|AFK
20:38 <@Battuta|test> eh
20:38 <@Battuta|test> we've got Assassin's Creed music, it's fine
20:38 <@Battuta|test> we had stuff from the Children of Dune miniseries too
20:38 <@HerraTohtori> ok
20:38 <@HerraTohtori> fun fun
20:38 <@Battuta|test> and stuff from Final Fantasy Advent Children
20:38 <@HerraTohtori> changed difficulty to isane
20:38 <@HerraTohtori> insane
20:39 <@HerraTohtori> distance to sanctuary, 16.5 klicks
20:39 <@HerraTohtori> no other changes
20:39 <@HerraTohtori> 3.6.10 INF
20:39 <@HerraTohtori> I have no idea how it happens but there it is
20:39 <@The_E> HerraTohtori: Use a new pilot
20:39 <@HerraTohtori> roger that
20:41 <@Battuta|test> jesus...
20:41 <@Battuta|test> how could that be?
20:41 <@HerraTohtori> running with new pilot now
20:41 <@HerraTohtori> on insane
20:41 <@The_E> Okay, Sanctuary at 6421
20:42 <@Battuta|test> at what distance?
20:42 <@Battuta|test> sorry, on what difficulty?
20:43 <@The_E> Medium
20:43 <@Battuta|test> k, try on insane?
20:44 <@HerraTohtori> 13.4 km...
20:45 <@HerraTohtori> there's something funky about the waypoints for iwakura/tell
20:46 <@Battuta|test> apparently...
20:46 <@Battuta|test> did you keep an eye on their time-to-waypoint counter to see what would happen?
20:46 <@HerraTohtori> doing that now
20:48 <@The_E> Played on insane, no difference
20:49 <@The_E> Sanctuary at about 7k from my position, Iwakura and tell following waypoints steadily
20:50 <@HerraTohtori> 17 km. I think I'm starting to understand what goes wrong. Lemme run one more time to check.
20:51 -!- Snail [[email protected]] has quit [Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Snail_))]
20:53 <@Fury`> I think fs2_open recognizes how l33t HerraTohtori is and is making the mission harder
20:54 <@Fury`> well I honestly wouldn't prefer to use such well-known tracks that are/can still be financial gold mines to rights holders
20:54 <@HerraTohtori> ok, 7600 metres
20:54 <@HerraTohtori> I think I know what goes wrong
20:54 <@Fury`> it's sorta risky but Darius' call
20:54 <@HerraTohtori> Iwakura and Tell are easily distracted from their navigational tasks
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> if the player, say, shoots past them to pass the time or just to spook them
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> they evade
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> and they never get back on track
20:55 <@The_E> ...
20:55 <@Fury`> HerraTohtori: are you spooking them on purpose almost every time you play?
20:55 <@The_E> Once you do that, the AI has known issues getting back on track
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> I'm trying to break the missions here
20:56 <@Fury`> HerraTohtori: that's just sick :p
20:56 <@HerraTohtori> with apparent success
20:56 <@The_E> IIRC, they try to go back to the last waypoint visited before continuing on
20:56 <@HerraTohtori> that explains it then
20:56 <@HerraTohtori> so can they just be given one single waypoint?
20:57 <@The_E> In other words, Don't Shoot Your Wingmen.
20:57 <@Fury`> HerraTohtori: yeah, but you reported this happening to you quite often, so are you distracting them somehow almost every time you play the
               mission?
20:57 <@HerraTohtori> ...maybe
20:57 <@HerraTohtori> >_>
20:57 <@Fury`> sick man
20:57 <@The_E> Can you try to NOT do that?
20:57 <@The_E> At least once?
20:57 <@HerraTohtori> I just did
20:57 <@HerraTohtori> 7600 metres
20:58 <@Battuta|test> ahahahahahaha
20:58 <@Fury`> or you can just disable player's weapons until sanctuary is visible :D
20:58 <@Battuta|test> ahaha
20:58 <@Battuta|test> ahahahahahahahaha
20:58 <@Battuta|test> this is the greatest bugfix ever
20:58 <@HerraTohtori> yes, laugh it up
20:58 <@HerraTohtori> but when someone comes around complaining that the sanctuary is too far you will know why :D
20:58 <@Battuta|test> would turning on 'no dynamic goals' help?
20:58 <@Fury`> HerraTohtori - The Man Who Shoots His Wingmen On Back
20:58 <@HerraTohtori> not at them
20:58 <@HerraTohtori> around
20:58 <@The_E> I can see the entry under known issues "My weapons in bp-07 are disabled. Answer: Yes. We know. Ask Herra why we did it.
20:59 <@The_E> Battuta|test: Nope
20:59 <@Fury`> The_E: golden :p
20:59 <@Fury`> DO IT
20:59 <@Battuta|test> should I disable player weapons until the distress call?
21:00 <@Battuta|test> it'd prevent them from shooting at the Vishnans too
21:00 <@Fury`> I think yes
21:00 <@The_E> Yeah
21:00 <@Fury`> both primaries and secondaries
21:00 <@HerraTohtori> put in training message that says MASTER ARM ON
21:00 <@Battuta|test> HerraTohtori: this was on Insane, right? the last test?
21:00 <@HerraTohtori> yeah
21:00 <@Battuta|test> also, yeah, ****ing awesome idea
21:00 <@Battuta|test> okay, so we've confirmed that it's 7 clicks on insane
21:00 <@Battuta|test> if you don't shoot your wingdudes
21:00 <@HerraTohtori> seems so
21:00 <@Fury`> it's 7 clicks on any difficulty
21:00 <@HerraTohtori> assuming the player doesn't have a sick mind
21:00 <@Fury`> give or take 0.5km
21:01 <@The_E> Yeah, you need to travel a fixed distance for a fixed time
21:01 <@Fury`> Battuta|test: is it possible to make thos vishnan non-collide via sexps?
21:01 <@The_E> Unless you screw up, you will always end up in the same position
21:01 <@HerraTohtori> but given the ghost ships that appear and spout psychic messages I think it's fairly safe to say someone will try to shoot at them
21:01 <@HerraTohtori> just to see what happens
21:02 <@HerraTohtori> then the wingmen will be spooked...
21:02 <@HerraTohtori> and you know the rest
21:02 <@Fury`> And the rest is history
21:02 < Wanderer> ok... i guess its time to start staring at the code again
21:02 <@Fury`> literally :D
21:02 <@HerraTohtori> yes, quite
21:02 <@HerraTohtori> note that I did beat the mission on Insane this way :P
21:02 <@HerraTohtori> I don't remember if I spooked the wingmen then or not
21:02 <@Fury`> Wanderer: we are really sorry we always bug you about various things
21:03  * Fury` gives Wanderer a teddy bear hug
21:03 <@HerraTohtori> Fury`: considering your history regarding bears of specific kind, I'd say that's disturbing rather than consolation
21:03 <@Fury`> ... :D
21:03 <@Fury`> http://staff.hard-light.net/fury/bear.jpg
21:04 <@Battuta|test> k, change is in place
21:04 <@Battuta|test> let me test before commit
21:04 <@Battuta|test> also, is there a no-collide SEXP? I'll check
21:05 <@Fury`> there is non-collide-invisible
21:05 <@The_E> Which doesn't count
21:05 <@Fury`> dunno if it actually makes the object invisible
21:05 <@The_E> No, it means you can't collide with invisible textures
21:06 <@The_E> Err, polygons textured with invisible textures
21:06 <@Battuta|test> we need to do some processing on the Mei Ling and Eriana lines in that mission
21:06 <@Battuta|test> Darius should give them some Vishnan whispers
21:06 <@HerraTohtori> agreed
21:06 <@HerraTohtori> they don't sound psychic
21:07 <@Fury`> Battuta|test: if you feel like fredding AoA, there's some feedback posted in the forum
21:07 <@Fury`> I'll play more missions tomorrow
21:07 <@Battuta|test> hurm...major changes/
21:08 <@Battuta|test> where are they posted?
21:08 <@Fury`> http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=67766.msg1343117#msg1343117
21:08 <@Fury`> beta test topic obviously
21:10 <@HerraTohtori> another thing regarding Finding Sanctuary
21:10 <@HerraTohtori> how much is the AWACS range supposed to be?
21:10 <@HerraTohtori> I'm asking this because the second wing of Nahemas launches their bombs beyond the sensor range
21:11 <@HerraTohtori> you can only see them as flashing blips at first
21:11 <@Battuta|test> I dunno
21:11 <@Battuta|test> Fury`: I'll make some of these changes, but others (like AI classes) I'm not going to do
21:11 <@Battuta|test> it's too late for major balance changes and they'd require another full test playthrough
21:13  * HerraTohtori twitches
21:13 <@HerraTohtori> Frankenstein's Monsters at least requires it
21:13 <@HerraTohtori> as does, IMO, Dragon Awakes
21:13 <@The_E> Whenever HerraTohtori twitches, a wingman dies
21:13 <@HerraTohtori> oh come on! :D
21:14 <@HerraTohtori> isn't it good that someone in the testing department does weird **** :D
21:14 <@The_E> Not if he doesn't tell us about it
21:14 <@HerraTohtori> well I can't know all obscure difficulties that the AI has following waypoints
21:15 <@Battuta|test> Frankenstein's Monsters already has updated AI wingman classes
21:15 <@HerraTohtori> Battuta|test: ok
21:15 <@Battuta|test> General for Iwakura, Colonel for Tell
21:15 <@Fury`> I really doubt you're going to have any adverse effects for upgrading guardianed named wingmen AI classes
21:16 <@Fury`> they really should be generals, without 3612 mod the difference between AI classes is not that high
21:16 <@Battuta|test> yes, but I'm just not willing to risk it, I think mission balance is good as is
21:16 <@Battuta|test> maybe on The Dragon Awakes
21:16 <@Battuta|test> but not for Nehru!
21:16 <@Fury`> he's not guardianed, so I don't care for him
21:17 <@Battuta|test> also, no way to allow weapon loadout customization but not ship loadout, I think
21:17 <@Battuta|test> unless...I made it a non-scramble, but only allowed four Auroras
21:18 <@The_E> That would be the only way
21:18 <@Fury`> Yes, just limit the ships to four auroras
21:19 <@HerraTohtori> also, the scream is hilarious
21:19 <@HerraTohtori> now you notice when he passes beyond the veil
21:21 <@Battuta|test> AAAaaaaa
21:24 <@HerraTohtori> <static>
21:27 -!- Snail [[email protected]] has joined #bp
21:29 <@Battuta|test> k, update SVN
21:31 <@Fury`> Battuta|test: what of the tempests?
21:31 <@Battuta|test> I added more on Forced Entry and, uh, somewhere else
21:31 <@Battuta|test> where do you want them?
21:32 <@Battuta|test> Dragon Awakes now has 1500
21:32 <@The_E> When there's a possibility of Ares in the loadout, make that 3000
21:32 <@Battuta|test> I'll check UT
21:33 <@The_E> Not enough Temps is a real problem in Multi
21:34 -!- Snail is now known as Snail_AFK
21:34 <@Fury`> Battuta|test: Well, I really would like to have enough tempests for one wing whenever they are available. One bank can usually hold about 500
               tempests, so at least 2000, preferably 2500.
21:34 <@Battuta|test> hurgh!
21:34 <@Battuta|test> I forgot that wingmen can use tempests now
21:35 <@Battuta|test> can someone else do it? I need a destress break
21:35 <@The_E> Eh?
21:35 <@Battuta|test> wingmen can't use tempests in retail
21:35 <@Battuta|test> or, at least, they suck
21:35 <@The_E> Right
21:35 <@The_E> I'll increase the Tempest allowance then
21:36 <@HerraTohtori> ok, Finding Sanctuary is now doable on Insane
21:36 <@HerraTohtori> I mean consistently
21:36 <@Fury`> HerraTohtori: well ain
21:36 <@Fury`> t we glad
21:36 <@Fury`> no more spooking your buddies
21:36 <@Battuta|test> all you had to do was stop shooting at your wingmates!

...or, as General Battuta aptly named it, "The legendary Herra Tohtori Recreational Fratricide Memorial Bug".

:p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:lol::yes:

By the way you guys are going to get me fired as I need to get up at half five and it's now ten to one.

I got decided to speedrun though BP roundabout half nine. I finished five minutes ago and my tired just caught up with me.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
20:54 <@HerraTohtori> Iwakura and Tell are easily distracted from their navigational tasks
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> if the player, say, shoots past them to pass the time or just to spook them
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> they evade
20:55 <@HerraTohtori> and they never get back on track
After reading a few lines I just Knew this was the cause. I noticed this a.i. behavior myself a while back testing a mission with waypoints.
Interesting read btw
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

I've played about halfway through (homework is preventing me from doing more at the moment), but so far I am very impressed.

Can't wait to see the rest!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

I've run into a small problem.  I have downloaded the mediavps patch.  I cleared out all the old BP files before I tossed in the new ones.  I am using the latest inferno build.  However when I click continue and loading bar finishes filling.  Its tells me that FreeSpace 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

What follows is the debug build info:

Rotation without rotation axis defined on submodel 'detail-2' of model 'science01.pof'!
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_12d_INF_SSE2.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I have attached the log from the crash.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:01:50 pm by Aurora Paradox »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This issue has been dealt with on IRC.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hrm. What was the solution?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that. Using 3.6.10 Inferno seems to work as a workaround; the error/warning behind this however is something FSU has to deal with.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Herf. I want a list of the actors. The dude who did Admiral Bei sounds like Michael Dorn and Commander/Captain Bei sounds like the Prince from Sands of Time.

Issues with the personas though. Corey goes through gender changes whenever he calls for a support ship and I think for another message or two; don't remember now. Still, frikking awesome to have voice acting for this thing.

I also want to mention that I don't seem to have impact effects for beams and the new ones seem kind of transparent and weak-looking when they're close to a capship. Not sure if I've screwed up my install somehow or what but I didn't see this until I installed the new version.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
"Rotation without rotation axis defined on submodel" is a mediavps pof data error in several of it's pofs. Such errors only pop up with .11 or .12 debug. However, even if you get such an error, it does not prevent you from continuing, simply click "No" in the dialog box. To do this, you likely have to use windowed mode. This is not an issue if you use normal .11 or .12 build. Hence, there is no need to use old .10 builds.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
the new ones seem kind of transparent and weak-looking when they're close to a capship

What you're seeing is a beam fade effect that Fury implemented. I hate it - at least at its current settings - but I have not yet been able to talk him out of it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm on the way to work. . . . Late. And all I can hear is 'by your edict!' 'we destroy, to PRESERVE.'
 Tired.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png