Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91822 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i dunno for sure, you'll just have to search through them all. careful you don't screw with anything else; editing a completed/professional mission in the wrong way will "break" it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Extract mission dl3-04.fs2 using VP-View (or any other effective VP viewer/manipulator program).  Open it in FRED2_Open (make sure you're using the proper -mod command if you're using a mod directory) and select from the ships editor, the SC Zhar (Rackshasa class).  Under its arrival cues, there are 2 requirements, bound with an "and" logical opperator.  One of the 2 requirements should be a check to see if event "Got too close to ares" is false.  Select the "is-event-false-delay" entry and right click on it.  Then select "replace operator" from the drop-down menu, then "event/goals", and finally "is-event-incomplete".  The original event name should be retained.  Save the mission, exit, and replay.  Remember, this ship's arrival is key to the arrival of the rest of its friends.  It will not arrive until 40 seconds after event "command are you listening?" comes true, so be patient when playing it.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I didn't have a problem with that mission the first time I played through it. Where I had a problem was the 2nd to last SOC mission, which I couldn't complete and thus couldn't play the last SOC mission.

Thanks TP.  Someone should upload the fixed version somewhere.

I had a problem in the SOC loop too - a loadout/ship ****up, and the Escher doing odd things and the science ships never fleeing the node.  I thought I'd broken the campaign though.  Is that what you're talking about?

I've had some strange triggers, but nothing mission breaking, just really confusing. I haven't finished the SOC loop, though, so maybe I haven't gotten there yet.
"Do you plunder?"
"I have been known to plunder..."
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09
"Hope for the best, expect the worst." -Heinlein

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Some one might want to fix a bit of the mission in subspace where the Lucifer clone appears for the first time.

I managed to let GTM be disabled early into the mission. What followed was about (game time) one hour show of GTM trying to push Nyarlothep (?) around like a bit too small tugboat until finally GTM was able to jump. Atleast i hope that wasn't the way mission was ment to be.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:lol: a freighter trying to push a 800,000,000 ton ship? :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Mistakes have been noted and duly corrected.

You all had better tell me any other bugs you've noticed while the hammer's hot, before I pack it all up for the final release...

uh..
did I miss a version ?
is the corrected one out ?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
It will be, soon. And you can make it sooner by helping me out with the voiceacting!

If you can accept someone with a strong frensh accent why not.
(seriously!)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Originally posted by Blaise Russel
It will be, soon. And you can make it sooner by helping me out with the voiceacting!

i should get cracking on finishing those voice files... ehehehe...
hmm.....

bump!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
...that was spam.

Why is it always the idiots who pretend to be moderators?

Pot, meet kettle.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hehe, you will play some acting stuff, it's pretty cool. I'll be patient for earing this french accent ^^

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You've been warned about spamming before Cobra. It's especially annoying since you've got a habit about complaining about other people's spam (even when it's a bump and not spam!) High Max's was a valid question even if it was a bit of a non sequitur. If you have nothing to contribute then contribute nothing.

@High Max : Lightspeed is around (as can be seen from the fact that Millways updated this week) but is busy with RL issues from what I understand.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Cobra
:wtf:

If you don't know him: He is a senior member, he made a lot of art stuff, nebulae, planets and weapon animations. The bulk of the graphical stuff is his.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.