Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Cross-Platform Development

New Problems!

(1/5) > >>

Mr_Maniac:
Thursday the 21st April 2005 - Current CVS (but it already was there since some time...):

I have some little Problems (again):
1. When I look into a sun (or when a sun comes into my FOV), the framerate drops dramatically... From 60-120 FPS to 12-18 FPS...
It seems always to be the same...

2. Sometimes, when someone jumps out in missions I get a CTD...

3. This "Texture-Bug" still exists... It's not often, but it exists... Ships get a "strange" texture and/or get translucent...

But the rest of the game runs great!

WMCoolmon:
What video card you have, and are you using the NVIDIA AGPGART (IIRC) driver?

I'm using a GF6600GT w/ that installed and have been having the problem with almost everything. taylor mentioned he had a lead on a bug but I'm not sure if it's the same one I've been experiencing.

Mr_Maniac:
I have a GeForce 3 and I am using the kernel AGPGART...
Newest nVidia-Drivers

taylor:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Mr_Maniac
1. When I look into a sun (or when a sun comes into my FOV), the framerate drops dramatically... From 60-120 FPS to 12-18 FPS...
It seems always to be the same...
--- End quote ---

I've heard this from many people but have never been able to reproduce it myself.  I assume that it happens with all missions though right?

--- Quote ---2. Sometimes, when someone jumps out in missions I get a CTD...
--- End quote ---

Run in gdb and let us know what the backtrace looks like.  I've had plenty off crashes with someone jumping in (all fixed as far as I know) but never jumping out.

--- Quote ---3. This "Texture-Bug" still exists... It's not often, but it exists... Ships get a "strange" texture and/or get translucent...
--- End quote ---

Do another update and see if it's still a problem.  I noticed last night that every texture (for me at least) that looked wrong was a compressed DDS.  These textures have to sent to the video card as is but if your texture detail level in the options screen wasn't at max then it tried to resize the texture.  This didn't work of course and it only used a portion of the texture data rather than the full texture.  It now ignores this detail setting when loading compressed textures.  If it doesn't fix your problem completely then let me know.

Mr_Maniac:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by taylor

I've heard this from many people but have never been able to reproduce it myself.  I assume that it happens with all missions though right?

--- End quote ---

Right!

--- Quote ---
Run in gdb and let us know what the backtrace looks like.  I've had plenty off crashes with someone jumping in (all fixed as far as I know) but never jumping out.

--- End quote ---

Okay! I'll try that today :)

--- Quote ---
Do another update and see if it's still a problem.  I noticed last night that every texture (for me at least) that looked wrong was a compressed DDS.  These textures have to sent to the video card as is but if your texture detail level in the options screen wasn't at max then it tried to resize the texture.  This didn't work of course and it only used a portion of the texture data rather than the full texture.  It now ignores this detail setting when loading compressed textures.  If it doesn't fix your problem completely then let me know.
--- End quote ---

Hmm... Sounds good...
Oh... The Sathanas looked really frightening with that bug!
The Glowmaps worked, but the rest of the textures/of the ship was totally black...

And now to something completely different:
What's up with beams?
I've noticed that too often, that ships won't fire their beems!
The Colossus didn't fire its beams at the Sathanas (where it should destroy it) and in the mission, where the Sathanas should destroy the Colossus, the Sathanas wouldn't fire!
So I had to cheat to complete those missions!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version