Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora Multiplayer Open Beta

Two roommates want to play Multi at the same time

<< < (2/2)

Ghost:

--- Quote from: karajorma on September 13, 2012, 07:52:51 pm ---Okay, if you can't get a LAN game going then you're definitely doing something wrong. To play a LAN game, all you need to do is turn off PXO from the button on the multiplayer config screen and enter each other's IP addresses (if you aren't on the same network, if you both have routers, you'll need IP addresses). If you're not seeing each other after that, check your hardware and software firewalls. I remember Zone Alarm used to cause me no end of grief blocking out the other PC when I was testing BtRL years ago.

--- End quote ---

We are on the same network. We're both connected to the same router. I'm looking at his computer now and he seems to have a serious problem; all he uses is Windows Firewall and it's refusing to update, so I can't change permissions.

karajorma:
Well I suspect that might be the issue then.

Ghost:

--- Quote from: karajorma on September 13, 2012, 09:38:04 pm ---Well I suspect that might be the issue then.

--- End quote ---

Possibly. I'll need to take a closer look at fixing whatever issue the firewall is having... I'll post back if I can get past that tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version