Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora Multiplayer Open Beta

Multiplayer idea - "Capital Ship encounter"

(1/2) > >>

Zombi:
I wonder if its possible to make such Team VS Team match type, where 2 npc capital ships in any combination(human vs cylon, cylon vs cylon, human vs human) fight eachother and the players job on both side is to assist its capital ship.

MatthTheGeek:
it's perfectly possible, it's even a quite standard TvT combination from retail FS2 TvT missions (usually cruiser vs cruiser). Should be quite easy to FRED.

skunimatrix:
The only problem right now is that the basestars are extremely underpowered.  I've done some fred tests and a single battlestar can fend off 3 basestars.  I should create a mission and just see how many basestars it takes to truly overwhelm a Sobek...

MatthTheGeek:
Nothing prevents you to switch the Light Missile launchers on the basestar for Heavy Missiles. Nor to use armor classes and/or special hitpoints to make them more resistant.

You can also lock some of the turrets of the Sobek and/or switch them to less powerful weapons and/or use armor classes to make it more vulnerable.

The possibilities are vast !

Dragon:

--- Quote from: skunimatrix on September 18, 2012, 03:13:36 pm ---The only problem right now is that the basestars are extremely underpowered.  I've done some fred tests and a single battlestar can fend off 3 basestars.  I should create a mission and just see how many basestars it takes to truly overwhelm a Sobek...

--- End quote ---
Wasn't it like that in the show, too? I'm pretty sure Galactica held against such odds at least once, and it's older than the Sobek. Basestar's most powerful weapon are it's Raiders, it's pretty wimpy by itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version