Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Currently needed and WIP ships (Updated 12/1/21)

<< < (21/22) > >>

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Cobra on March 03, 2017, 07:27:39 am ---
--- Quote from: Bryan See on March 03, 2017, 12:14:35 am ---
--- Quote from: CountBuggula on November 25, 2016, 05:56:31 pm ---So again, if someone comes along and makes a knockout job of a particular EU ship that meets our quality criteria and matches our overall style, I'd be willing to bet we'd put it in one way or another, if nothing else so it's available for custom missions.

--- End quote ---
EU is now known as Star Wars Legends, after April 25, 2014. Would you please treat EU as such, and don't refer that to the former name.

And what about canon ships, such as T-70 X-wing, U-wing, MC75 star cruiser, Resurgent-class Battlecruiser, Hammerhead corvette, Upsilon-class First Order command shuttle, Special Forces TIE fighter, Zeta-class cargo shuttle, TIE striker and TIE reaper?

--- End quote ---

Why do you care? The EU we speak of is an actual expanded universe, showing far more than what Disney has, despite the EU being shown with fanfic-quality stories.

Considering FotG was conceived and written when the new continuity didn't exist, I highly doubt that your demands for ships will be met. Do you have something actually constructive to add or are you just trying to show how visionary you are about everything?

--- End quote ---

Yep.  Snark aside, for the purposes of this mod, we're still operating solely on the basis of the original trilogy.  That said, we're not completely opposed to ships from elsewhere - we already have an N-1 in game from the prequel, the Z-95 and E-Wing from the old EU, and have WIP models for R-22 and Assault Gunboat.  My point is that if someone comes along and makes a model from anywhere - New/old canon, Legends, EU, whatever - as long as it meets our criteria for quality and fits with the flavor we're going for alongside the OT ships, we'll likely accept it into the mod.  And even if we don't, after we release, there's nothing stopping you from putting in your own unofficial ships for your own use.

Right now we simply don't have the manpower to add all those ships.  I personally would love to see the U-Wing and Zeta Shuttle in game.  I'd love to see a whole lot more Mon Cal variants.  But unless you're able and willing to make them yourself, don't complain that we don't have your favorite ships yet.  We definitely have positions open for talented modelers on the team.

To summarize: as a mod team, we're still focused solely on Episodes IV-VI.  I'm open to adding Rogue One to that list, but no decision has been made officially by the team.  Episode VII is probably outside of the scope of anything we'll ever see in Fate of the Galaxy.  Canon/Legends/EU/etc still doesn't matter at all to this mod, despite recent changes at Lucasfilm/Disney.

TopAce:

--- Quote ---Gallofree Transport - Klavs completed a high-poly model that he is currently baking to normal maps to be suitable for our mod.  Last update 3/2/17
--- End quote ---

Is this a major update? Anything to be enthusiastic about?

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: TopAce on March 09, 2017, 12:38:28 pm ---
--- Quote ---Gallofree Transport - Klavs completed a high-poly model that he is currently baking to normal maps to be suitable for our mod.  Last update 3/2/17
--- End quote ---

Is this a major update? Anything to be enthusiastic about?

--- End quote ---

Well, the major update is that Klavs is back in touch with us and actively working on finishing it himself.  We've gotten a WIP showing his progress and it's definitely promising.

Rolf:

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on June 04, 2014, 03:16:32 pm ---Needs work:
BFF-1 Bulk Freighter - We have an old model in-game that doesn't match the visual fidelity of the rest of our ships.  Could use a refresh or re-imagining.
--- End quote ---

In that case, perhaps you'd be interested in this: http://massassi.ourhobby.com/massassi/other/3dmodels/models/epi0_imperial_bff-1_freighter.htm

niffiwan:
looks pretty cool; possibly a bit too much detail in the model which would be better put into the normal maps. Still, as I'm not a modeller myself I'll leave someone else to make a call on asking permission to use it or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version