Hosted Projects - Standalone > Fate of the Galaxy

Currently needed and WIP ships (Updated 12/1/21)

<< < (20/22) > >>

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Cobra on October 24, 2016, 10:04:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: niffiwan on October 24, 2016, 09:08:51 pm ---I thought the new Disney canon included stuff from (e.g.) the Rebels animated series?  Probably doesn't matter which category a ship is stuffed into though, if it's on the list in the OP we'd like to have it :)

--- End quote ---

Oh, right, the dumbass Disney move to make twenty years of lore moot so they could plant their own lore. Forgot about that.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  For our purposes, we only care about the OT being canon.  I think most of us are tentatively open to some of the new stuff from Episode VII (and beyond) but it's not something we've discussed at length, and our criteria for accepting it would be the same as any other EU ship anyways.  Either way, it's not a priority, and we don't have anyone available to make such models in the first place at the moment.  If some very talented modeler comes along and is dying to create something from the new movies for us, I'd so go for it.  If you do a bang-up job, we'll probably include it.  But there isn't any current need either.  Perhaps after our first release someone might want to put together a campaign set in that time period, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Tnadz:
I was reading through the post here, noting the back and forth about multiplayer balancing.  If I recall, couldn't the host of an MP match dictate which fighters were available?  Not to beat a dead horse, but couldn't that be used to govern a match?  Maybe it would be fun to have less experienced pilots in more powerful ships taking on aces.  That certainly happened often enough in the books from what I recall.

Of course I mostly agree with the sentiment that a balanced dog fight is more fun than a heavily weighted one.  I guess overall, I love choice.  And from seeing all the excellent build quality so far, I like feeling like a kid in a candy shop.

CountBuggula:

--- Quote from: Tnadz on November 24, 2016, 11:06:54 am ---I was reading through the post here, noting the back and forth about multiplayer balancing.  If I recall, couldn't the host of an MP match dictate which fighters were available?  Not to beat a dead horse, but couldn't that be used to govern a match?  Maybe it would be fun to have less experienced pilots in more powerful ships taking on aces.  That certainly happened often enough in the books from what I recall.

Of course I mostly agree with the sentiment that a balanced dog fight is more fun than a heavily weighted one.  I guess overall, I love choice.  And from seeing all the excellent build quality so far, I like feeling like a kid in a candy shop.

--- End quote ---

Honestly Multiplayer in general is so broken right now (in FSO, not just FotG) that it's not anywhere remotely one of our primary concerns.  With the increased speeds of FotG combat compared to FreeSpace, it's just not going to be playable in multiplayer until some serious work is done to the FSO netcode.  Something along the lines of clint-side hit detection or lag compensation or something.

So again, if someone comes along and makes a knockout job of a particular EU ship that meets our quality criteria and matches our overall style, I'd be willing to bet we'd put it in one way or another, if nothing else so it's available for custom missions.

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: CountBuggula on November 25, 2016, 05:56:31 pm ---So again, if someone comes along and makes a knockout job of a particular EU ship that meets our quality criteria and matches our overall style, I'd be willing to bet we'd put it in one way or another, if nothing else so it's available for custom missions.

--- End quote ---
EU is now known as Star Wars Legends, after April 25, 2014. Would you please treat EU as such, and don't refer that to the former name.

And what about canon ships, such as T-70 X-wing, U-wing, MC75 star cruiser, Resurgent-class Battlecruiser, Hammerhead corvette, Upsilon-class First Order command shuttle, Special Forces TIE fighter, Zeta-class cargo shuttle, TIE striker and TIE reaper?

Cobra:

--- Quote from: Bryan See on March 03, 2017, 12:14:35 am ---
--- Quote from: CountBuggula on November 25, 2016, 05:56:31 pm ---So again, if someone comes along and makes a knockout job of a particular EU ship that meets our quality criteria and matches our overall style, I'd be willing to bet we'd put it in one way or another, if nothing else so it's available for custom missions.

--- End quote ---
EU is now known as Star Wars Legends, after April 25, 2014. Would you please treat EU as such, and don't refer that to the former name.

And what about canon ships, such as T-70 X-wing, U-wing, MC75 star cruiser, Resurgent-class Battlecruiser, Hammerhead corvette, Upsilon-class First Order command shuttle, Special Forces TIE fighter, Zeta-class cargo shuttle, TIE striker and TIE reaper?

--- End quote ---

Why do you care? The EU we speak of is an actual expanded universe, showing far more than what Disney has, despite the EU being shown with fanfic-quality stories.

Considering FotG was conceived and written when the new continuity didn't exist, I highly doubt that your demands for ships will be met. Do you have something actually constructive to add or are you just trying to show how visionary you are about everything?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version