Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163780 times)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Let the man have his fun.
Where's the fun? There is no special.

That's the point. He wants to have some nonsensical fun, let him. It's his fleet he's risking.

Not everyone plays the game to win - some play it just so they can goof around and have fun doing silly things.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Veers

I banned the 1st Fleet from having any fun. We are the elite of the elite, not some circus moving system to system....

Just say'in  :nervous:

lol :P
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Flak

The only 'fun' I know is probably run in head first guns blazing into the face of a Hertak Armageddon. Fine if you can survive that.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
We are the elite of the elite, not some circus moving system to system....
But the Firelance DOES have a circus. A three-ring circus, no less.
And a mall. And a zoo.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I only know the missile circus!

So are we good? Shall we turn? Cause right now I think we should turn. Turn circles in the circus. Round and round we go~
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

niffiwan, this was your plan. I'm sorry I never got to comparing your plan to my plan to try and see which was the best, I've been having a hard time lately and my thoughts have been too scattered to focus on it properly. Though I suppose that won't bother you, it means you get what you wanted! :lol:

Anyway, like I said, this was your plan. So do you think we're good to go?

Cause right now I think we should turn. Turn circles in the circus. Round and round we go~
You can make the Hierarchy do that if you want. :)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
errr, sure, I think we're ready so lets go :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

So are we good? Shall we turn? Cause right now I think we should turn.
History will turn before us! Death to the Hertak!

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Let's do this, Spoon. I'm alllll ready to be swamped in death.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Veers

We are the elite of the elite, not some circus moving system to system....
But the Firelance DOES have a circus. A three-ring circus, no less.
And a mall. And a zoo.

Really?

Number One, get me those tickets! We are going to the Zoo!
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Next turn up, as usual scream at me if there are errors somewhere to be had.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Can 1st CSA engage 5th Nordera at Odin while 3rd SF helps me take down 3rd Zy at Vega?  I figure 1st and 2nd UGCR can run to Draco while 3rd DD Secures and Resupplies there.  If 3rd DD does Secure as first action, shouldn't the 2nd UGCR be able to Defend as their second action as 1st UGCR spends its second action to Resupply?  Next turn 1st and 2nd UGCR can fall back to a Secured Vega to resupply as 3rd SF and my 1st LSF cycle in to replace them.

Spoon: I don't know if Defend already does this, but it should count as said fleet doing a node blockade and forcing the attacking fleets to focus on them.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Well. uh, I'm boned. Looks like Niffy is too.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I wonder if I would survive an attack, then a blitz out against the 1st FuraZy. If not, I can blitz out, then resupply in the same turn.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Enioch

Can 1st CSA engage 5th Nordera at Odin while 3rd SF helps me take down 3rd Zy at Vega?  I figure 1st and 2nd UGCR can run to Draco while 3rd DD Secures and Resupplies there.  If 3rd DD does Secure as first action, shouldn't the 2nd UGCR be able to Defend as their second action as 1st UGCR spends its second action to Resupply?  Next turn 1st and 2nd UGCR can fall back to a Secured Vega to resupply as 3rd SF and my 1st LSF cycle in to replace them.

Spoon: I don't know if Defend already does this, but it should count as said fleet doing a node blockade and forcing the attacking fleets to focus on them.

You don't have enough damage output to kill the Zy. They are at 62% caps and a joint attack by you (13 +23/2=25) and 3rd SF (18+23/2=30) only outputs 25+30=55 cap damage. If I retreat to Vega, on the other hand, we can wipe the floor with them and take less damage in return. This would mean, of course, that Draco would be left hostile, until we went back.

DoomStack does now 96 cap damage. That would allow a fresh fleet to barely survive them. So, the way I see it, the fleets in Kardoen have the following options:

1) Damaged fleet double retreats to Vega, while the undamaged one covers the retreat. The undamaged fleet can bog down the Doomstack for another turn, before dying.

2) Undamaged fleet double retreats. Damaged fleet dies next turn. We still have a combat-capable fleet available, but two of the Doomstack fleets are free to move / resupply (once, because it will take them their first action to kill our fleet and make the system hostile).

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
well Darrell, I think I ****** up.  Damn those Nordera and their 60% capship kamikaze (I thought the damage was proportional to their remaining capship health :sigh:).  I'll have to run some calcs... I think the 3rd DD + 2nd UGCR could destroy the 2nd Fura, but the counterstroke will be... hmmm...  bloody close to the remaining capship health of the 3rd DD.  (note to self, need to include any possible damage from the return of the 4th Hertak after 1x resupply)

FWIW, regardless of anything else, I think the 1st UGCR should retreat & secure Draco. They can't move to Vega without exceeding the system fleet size limit (assuming we trash the 3rd Zy), and moving to Hydra would let the Nordera destroy them. And if the 2nd UGCR is parked in Kardoen, none of those fleets can move to Draco & attack.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Enioch

I'm not taking my fleet anywhere near Kardoen. That Kamikaze did a number on me and, until I get the chance to resupply, I'm not moving toward the front lines again. When I'm 200/200 again, and doing 50 cap damage every turn, I will call you back.

One of you is dead - either this coming turn or the next, no matter what we do. You can only choose when and how that single fleet will die - and who it's going to be.

If the 1st leaves, with the 2nd covering them and staying behind, they can secure Draco and resupply/retreat further next turn. The Hierarchy will likely retreat the damaged Fura, bring back the 4th Hertak and probably plow through the 2nd. They might even advance two fleets (1st Fura + Flag) to Draco, but they'd be unable to attack.

If the 2nd leaves and the 1st stays, the Hertak will do pretty much the same - but they will only need to attack with one fleet to wipe them out and they will have enough forces to move and attack Draco. However, we will have a combat-worthy fleet near the front lines (which the 1st is no more - it will need 3 resupply actions to be operational again).

We will need to cede more systems to the Hierarchy in the southern front, if we're to win this without any more losses. The way I see it, we might be better off leading them in a merry chase all the way to Tamy, while the upper front wipes out the Cordi enemy fleets up there. Then we hit them from two rotating fronts. They can't hunt us down and keep a doomstack working, because they'll have to either give chase and have the systems revert to friendly the minute they leave, or leave fleets behind to secure them. So, they either give us time to re-group, or they chase us down in a disorganized way.

EDIT: Ran some calcs on the upper front. Our heaviest hitters up there are the two SF fleets and the 2nd CRF. Even if the 4th SF retreats without support (and dies - NOT RECOMENDED!!!1!) and all three of our fleets jump and attack, they do not have enough damage output to kill an enemy. However, they might knock the 1st Fura & Zy to 3/18 (which will make them do a piddly 3/5 damage).

If two of our fleets jump in (Recommended: 2nd SF, 2nd CRF) and the 4th SF joins in the attack (yes, I am suggesting the 14% fleet attacks, problem?) they can bring the 1st FuraZy to 24/38 (Damage next turn: 9/12). The 4th SF will be down to 2%/4% (!!) but will be able to retreat with its second action (I hope the FuraZy do not have another subspace barrage up their sleeves). The 1st SF can resupply and move to Aldebaran as a second action, to be able to attack and retreat next turn, if it gets pummeled. If it doesn't, it will do full damage on its turn, which is always nice.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:23:07 am by Enioch »

Offline Lorric

Spoon, if the 1st UGCR releases it's mercs from contract, can we save 5 supplies if they are annihilated that turn afterwards?

Offline Lorric

Suggestion:

Have the 4th SF blitz the combined Fura/Zy and Resupply.

Have the 1st SF, 2nd SF and 2nd CRF attack the combined Fura/Zy. This will inflict 84 capital damage and put them out of the fight for a bit, allowing us to work on the Cordi next turn.

1st CRF, double Resupply.

1st DD to Virgo.

3rd CRF to Formalhaut or Zeal/Polaris.

3rd SF, 1st LSF, 3rd DD - crush the 3rd Zy. 1st LSF can then Resupply with the second action.

2nd UGCR can't resupply. Route is blocked both here and in Algol. Attack 2nd Fura'ngle, travel to Draco.

1st CSA - Resupply, Defend.

AndrewofDoom, uncontract your mercs if we save supplies and stay put.

AndrewofDoom will meet his doom by the Doomstack…
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:29:48 am by Lorric »

Offline Enioch

Oh yeah, SF fleets have blitz. Silly me.

Yeah, do what the man says. Blitz 'em and resupply. Then all the big hitters hit Fura/Zy.