Author Topic: General forum game discussion  (Read 63794 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: General forum game discussion
Since you've told us what the latest round of projects do, could you tell us what the Artillery Centre does?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It's a DD fleet type.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

It's a DD fleet type.
Ohhhhh... :D

The name made it sound like a building for upgrading Artillery fleets. Thanks niffiwan. :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Would you guys be so kind to actually provide me with some combat data before the end of this test game though? That'd be great.
Sol Force being chickens after giving them my repeated assurance of Spoon backing was kind of disappointing.

So new rule: 5 points for each fleet flank destroyed, 10 points for every center fleet.

Fight.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Hee hee hee. ;)

Makes me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhI7qdrsaA#t=0m48s

I wonder what kind of "Spoon backing" would be used to have a chance of overturning a 3 on 1.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Sol Force being chickens

Spoon, your assurance will not grant us invincible fleets - in long terms, its a wise thing to do. Nobody wants to face a 3 on 1 situation anyway.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It's rather like this right now:
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
That seems accurate  :p
Urutorahappī!!

I kind of expected the game to turn into a 2 on 2 war, with potentially shifting alliances, that the thing ended up a 3 on 1 is a bit surprising.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
What makes you think it ended up a 3-on-1?

Fightin'hasn't started yet.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Well, if there hadn't seemingly been a coalition threatening to retaliate should the Sol Union attack, I think it's safe to bet that there would have been some shooting last turn.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
in the position we were in we needed a strategy to work with to stand a chance and for a strategy we needed information, all we had were vague suggestions.  The hard information we had was that this coalition was strong and intent on following through.  While we had suggestions of dissent in the ranks the indications were that it didn't go far enough.  As such the the SF admirals made the grudging decision at the 11th hour to keep targeting systems powered down.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline 0rph3u5

Well, information is to blame for public appearance of the CRF ... we knew and you all didn't knew what we knew, so our decissions may have seem erratric (not at as bad as the DD ones)

ps. RP for the tactical combat in Aldebaran is still WIP; just need to get some RL stuff done first

EDIT: and -not bragging or anything- but I toppeled a government  :cool: the wrong one of course but I did it
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:14:07 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

EDIT: also the 1st DD's Port and Starboard orientations are in reverse, for them the left side of the map should be Starboard and the right side Port as they observe the map turned by 180°.
EDIT: same with 1st through 3rd SF's orientations in the Fomalhaut.

Ahem....

==================

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Is it really that important? These directions lets say, are MAP-WISE.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
EDIT: also the 1st DD's Port and Starboard orientations are in reverse, for them the left side of the map should be Starboard and the right side Port as they observe the map turned by 180°.
EDIT: same with 1st through 3rd SF's orientations in the Fomalhaut.

Ahem....
Aright, I guess I wasn't completely clear in my last post.
I won't change/fix those orientations for the current ungoing fights, because it would add nothing but confusion. I'll try to get it right for all the new fights.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I really like where the public diplomacy thread is going.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I really like where the public diplomacy thread is going.
:beamz: :snipe: :hammer: :headz:
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Its now going the way I have planned out the first time :)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Ouch, gonna need some burn cream for that one.

But I can dish it right back out. (Or would you just rather wait for the results of this phase before our next verbal round of Enioch vs. Lepanto?)

(OBTW Spoon, we never actually gave the DD a 1/3 share of the refinery. That, as Enioch made specific in his treaty terms, was contingent on our resolving the dispute in Aldebaran. Which we obviously didn't.)
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial