Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

Silent Threat: Reborn DEAD

(1/7) > >>

fs2freak88:
ok, I thought this was supposed to be released by christmas LAST YEAR. Well I've had enough. Whether YOU guys think it's dead or not, it is. I'm tired of hearing "It'll be done soon" "we're working on it, be patient" "we're too busy"  And also seeing very few screenshots and videos, that only supports my claim as it is dead.

If a project host would like to respond, you must make it very clear that is project will be released soon, or, as my claim says, never.

FS2FREAK88

Nuclear1:
Chill. Seriously. Do you honestly think that Goober would release a video clip of a mission when he has no intention of ever releasing ST:R?

Goober, Galemp, and the FSPort team know what they're doing. Whether you like it or not, these men have a quality standard that they strive to live up to, that of the original Freespace. They also have the painstaking effort to upgrade Silent Threat from its original, horrible state to an enjoyable campaign on par with the original Freespace.

Bear in mind, sir, that they have also had to avoid using SCP assistance so that they can release ST:R as they promised when it was begun: in retail FS2, so that us poor saps who can't handle FSO can enjoy it.

Your post was inflammatory, uncalled for, and just reeking with ignorance, insult, and disrespect. If I had my way, I would see to it that you never posted such a thing again in any forum. Such comments insult the staff behind this project and only detriment their progress.

Want to be helpful? Give some encouragement to keep going, or ask (VERY) occassionally (and politely, for God's sake) for a progress check.

Don't want to be helpful? Then please do refrain from posting such unnecessary comments and flames. Take some advice from the gentleman who posted in another recent thread, asking politely why he still noticed some major bugs. He got a polite answer.

You are not polite. Therefore, I will not be.

EDIT: In addition, DK brings up a very good point. Check the number of avatars GE has alone. Add this to Goober's work on Fortunes of War, the duties of an HLP Admin, the Source Code, and then add Real Life to the equation as well.

These guys are making amazing progress for having such a workload. Realize that next time you post.

Thank you.

Dark Knight:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by fs2freak88
... also seeing very few screenshots and videos, that only supports my claim as it is dead.
FS2FREAK88
--- End quote ---

Yet seeing any screenshots and videos at all tells you it's alive. What about the Mystery Video a few month's back? You can say that that’s old but it’s newer than Christmas, and when your dealing with an FS project the end of July counts as VERY recent, especially when you consider the amount of other work these good people are doing both RL, for other projects and the FS community as a whole. You gonna tell me BWO is dead too ‘cos we’re a good few years past the release date stated on their trailer? I only hope this is some kind of misguided joke.

I mean really, and I don't say this harshly. What's your problem? It's not like you've paid for it? An intended release date isn't a written in blood contract or anything is it? It'll be done when it's done, I have faith in these guys, like I do in anyone else, and if they can't finish it? So what? Again it's not like you've paid for it? And it's not like someone else wont offer to pick it up and finish it if they can’t? They're not just going to let something they've invested so very many man hours in just die for no good reason now are they? It's a labor of love for the intended enjoyment of many not just you.

It's not often that I post anywhere on these forums but what you said struck me as overly harsh and inflammatory and demanded a response. Damn right uncalled for really why not asks politely and be a little encouraging with it.

Tell you what, try making something yourself of the same quality as these guys, juggling it with perhaps a dozen or more other online commitments and then factor in the real world on top of things, then see if you can stick to a probably tentatively intended release date.

Thank you.

Edit: Hmm, got there first... well at least we're united in our response.

Flaser:
BTW:
Just as the Port, will ST:Reborn have an SCP versions for us spoilt children who CAN run it?

Galemp:
Oh? It's dead? Oh well. Guess you won't ever get to play it then. Too bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version