Author Topic: [PC-Game Modification] A Combine's Life recruiting Voice Actors!  (Read 2531 times)

Offline reonid

[PC-Game Modification] A Combine's Life recruiting Voice Actors!
Project Information:

Casting for the Half-Life 2 Modification "A Combine's Life"

We are developing the sigleplayermod "A Combine's Life- Episode I" for the computergame Half-Life 2, which will
be available for free download.

The game will comprehend several levels, where the player gets to know to the Life of a Metrocop, Michael Elders.
If you don't know the Half-Life 2 universe, you can find here some important background informations:

http://www.hlfallout.net/articles.php/hl2guide_60/

The mod has a dark and thrilling story and leads the player to several different places in City 17, for example, into
the sewer systems, a police station and an abandoned industrialzone.

If you want to check out the full list of feautures of the game, visit our webpage, there you'll find also
some more infos about the backgroundstory of the mod:

http://www.sci-fi-tales.com/

Audition Deadline:

The deadline for the auditions is the 1st Decembre 2007.

Recording and Contact information:

Record in 44100 Hz 16-bit Stereo wav

Save the lines as "charactername_yourname_linenumber.wav"

ATTENTION: You must have really good hardware (microphone) for your records, so that there are no background
noises in your records. Otherwise we wouldn't even consider to get in contact with you!

Send your auditions to "[email protected]", with the subject: "Voice Acting"

Characters

MALES:

Name: Citizen 2 (male)
Bio: This is a random citizen/rebel, without a special backgroundstory.
Voice Type: Everything is possible, the voice should just match up with the age.

Audition line 1: Oh no, the cop broke out! Hold him up, I call for reinforcement!

Total Amount of lines: 4

FEMALES:

Name: Laura Elders
Bio: Laura is a very strong and lovely woman. She loves her husband Michael very much, but she is annoyed by his beginning alcoholism and his depressions.
Laura works very hard in a factory, because Michael has no job.
She is really optimistic, although their situation isn't very hopefull. But she never gives up and is the mental support of Michael.
Laura doesn't like the Combines, because they are so violent and cruel, but she never would join the rebellion, because she is very pacifistic.

Voice Type:
Laura has a high, friendly voice. You can hear her optimism through her voice.

Audition line 1: Good, the faster you find a job, the better our situation will be. As I'm sure you don't need to be reminded, Civil Protection will eventually come looking for those who don't have work. Those dammed cops...

Audition line 2: Oh Michael! I'm really glad that Eliot was able to help you! Alright, well, I need to be getting to the factory soon, so you can tell me all about how everything went later.

Total Amount of lines: 4

Deadline: 1st Decembre 2007

Record in 44100 Hz, 16-bit Stereo wav.

Save the lines as "charactername_yourname_linenumber.wav"

Send your auditions to "[email protected]", with the subject "Voice Acting"

Thank your for your time, all succesful applicants will be contacted after the deadline, all unsuccesful ones will get a notification.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: [PC-Game Modification] A Combine's Life recruiting Voice Actors!
Hmm.  We have a lack of voice actors as it is!  How about, if we help you guys with your mod, you sign up for the SCP / FS Upgrades projects?  That might work!  XD  Mutual modding cooperation FTW!

EDIT: Oh, and:

:welcomered:

Enjoy your stay... *searches for a desk and chains to strap reonid in so he can code for the SCP / FSUpgrade*.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
I hope you won't mind a guy with Finnish accent. I'll send my audition on Sunday.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline reonid

@jr2:

Hmm, what type of mod are you developing, is it for the Source Engine? We could need some mappers and a coder^^ ;)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@reonid: Ha!  I meant the source code project itself, as well as the GFX upgrades for the main FS2 engine... and I don't do it, I just try to help from the sidelines, as I'm not a coder or mapper or moddeller or tabeller or, or... I gotta stop now, or I'm gonna cry.  :(

But, yeah, we could use a coder, too... as far as mappers go, perhaps you can talk to DaBrain, but he's busy ATM with the normal maps, AFAIK.

Looky in the Big Normal Maps thread, and A Celebration of FreeSpace thread, starting about page 40 (link is to the correct location).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:59:39 pm by jr2 »