Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Voice Acting

Go easy on me - First-time voice actor.

(1/2) > >>

Switchfoot:
Seeing as I'm hopeless at the technical side of modding, but still keen to help any projects any way I can, I thought I'd try my hand at voice acting.

I've never done voice acting before, so the samples I've uploaded are pretty terrible, and I'm not expecting to be snapped up for any kind of project. What I'm looking for is some kind of feedback, positive or (most likely) negative :).

All my samples were taken from the Silent-Threat: Reborn audition thread, simply for something to read.

They can be downloaded here.

Edit: The files are all .ogg, and are compressed in a .rar archive, just incase anyone was wondering. I can change that if nobody can play .ogg files.

The samples contained are:

2 Mission Brief samples (these are both slightly altered for lower pitch. My own voice isn't very authoritative >.>).
3 Normal-voice wingman samples.
3 Bizarre-voice wingman samples. I have no idea what I was thinking when I adopted this peculiar voice, so prepare to laugh.

Info that might be relevant: I'm 17 years old, and my nationality/accent is English.

Eagerly awaiting some feedback.

Admiral_Stones:
RapidShare.
Very bad idea.
Nobody will like to download your stuff.

Ransom:
Speak louder. In these samples it sounds like you're trying not to wake someone sleeping in the next room. That's the most glaring problem I think - your voice isn't bad otherwise.

Also, yeah, RapidShare is bad. Use PutFile or something.

Switchfoot:
'Kay, I'll reupload. And is it really quiet? They sounded fine to me o.o.

Ransom:
I don't mean the volume. I could hear you fine. What I mean is you deliver your lines somewhere below the level of a normal speaking voice, which makes them sound lacking in confidence and unconvincing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version