Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

Mission 17 bug [Spoilers]

(1/2) > >>

MoonShadow:
Hi everyone,

first of all, I want to congratulate you for the amazing work you do for this gem of game, it really gives it a new life.

Now, for the matter at hand. I'm currently playing Silent Threat: Reborn, and had no troubles until mission 17 "Abandon Hope". The mission plays well until after the Hope crash against the Hades and disables it. Then I'm told that the Hades engines are coming back and is entering subspace, but it doesn't. The mission hangs there. There's no error on anything, just the mission advances and nothing happens. What could be the problem?

I'm using FSOpen 3.6.18, FSPort v3.4, STR v1.3 and MVPs 3.6.12.

Thanks in advance!

Phantom Hoover:
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Goober5000:
Welcome, MoonShadow.  Please post your log as Phantom Hoover says.  I suspect the problem is that you are flying the mission using the wrong Hades model, and therefore the engine subsystems did not get repaired correctly.

MoonShadow:
Phantom and Goober, thanks a lot for the replies, and sorry for the delay! It was a long week, and tbh, I didn't expect such a fast answers, you guys rock!

Back to topic, I forgot to upload the fs2_open.log, I apologize. Here it is. I hope I did everything ok. I noticed that while loading the mission with the debug mode, that it actually did, as Goober suggested, show an error about the Hades model, so that must be the case. If you can orient me about how I must proceed, I would be very grateful.  :)

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Yarn:

--- Code: ---  -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport

--- End code ---

--- Code: ---Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\mv_fsport.vp' with a checksum of 0xeb1fe49a
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\fsport-mediavps\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78

--- End code ---
You obviously didn't follow the installation instructions properly. The regular 3.6.12 MediaVPs belong in a folder called mediavps_3612, while the FSPort MediaVPs go in fsport-mediavps.

If you don't already have a mediavps_3612 folder with the appropriate files, do this: Go to the 3.6.12 MediaVPs release thread, download MediaVPs_3612.zip, and extract it to your FS2 folder. Doing so should create the mediavps_3612 folder and place a few files in it. After that, move every file beginning with "MV_" except mv_fsport.vp from fsport-mediavps to mediavps_3612.

In any case, the only VP files that should be in fsport-mediavps are mv_fsport.vp and mv_fsport_music.vp (it's OK if you don't have the second one). If your fsport-mediavps folder also has a "data" folder, delete it; doing so may clear incorrect cache files that can greatly increase mission load times.

Finally, let's make sure that your mod.ini files are correct. Download the attached zip file and extract it to your FS2 folder. (If you get a warning about merging or replacing folders, click "yes" or "OK.")

In your case, it's possible that you'll still encounter problems after performing the steps above. If so, then you may need to restart the campaign.

--- Code: ---FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.18.9546

--- End code ---
Be aware that this version is outdated; the newest version is 3.7.0. Keep in mind that that version uses a new format for pilot files and that conversion is not perfect, so you might want to continue using 3.6.18 for ST:R until you complete the campaign. (If you have to restart, though, do update.)

--- Code: ---Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\data\movies\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\data\movies\tangoA_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x2e10c984
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\data\movies\tangoB_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x0a5f4659
Found root pack 'C:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\data\movies\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d

--- End code ---
Delete these (the ones in data\movies, not the ones in your root FS2 folder).

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version