Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

Translation requests

(1/3) > >>

Goober5000:
Is anyone interested in providing translation services for Silent Threat: Reborn?

Yarn has diligently organized all of the various FS1 translations into an XSTR pack that will be included in the upcoming release of the Port.  Currently, we have German, French, Polish, and Spanish translations of the FS1 main campaign.  Thanks to a Spanish gaming community, we also have a translation of ST:R, as they had already made their own translation pack and generously agreed to allow us to include it as an official download.  But we don't have ST:R in any other language.

This is not a small job... there are about 1000 entries in the tstrings file for Silent Threat: Reborn, as well as about 100 miscellaneous strings that for some reason weren't translated in the FS1 language packs.  (Spanish translation would still be appreciated for these remaining lines even though ST:R is already done.)

Any volunteers? :)

Rodo:
If time is not a pressing matter, I'd volunteer for Latin-Spanish translation.

Nyctaeus:
You can count on me in case of polish translation. As I replied in PM.

Dysko:
I can do the Italian translation, both for FS1 and ST:R (and FS2 too), but AFAIK the Italian FS2 community is... well, just me and Mobius.
If you are still interested just send me the needed files, as of now I just have a couple of free hours in the evening but I can do it.

Does FSO have problem with accented letters? Italian language has a lot of words with accented letters (not as many as French language, but they are still a lot).

Yarn:

--- Quote from: Dysko on January 12, 2015, 10:47:50 am ---Does FSO have problem with accented letters? Italian language has a lot of words with accented letters (not as many as French language, but they are still a lot).

--- End quote ---
Assuming the original FreeSpace was never released in Italian (was it?), the font files that will be used are linked to in this post. The same post also lists what characters are supported by those fonts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version