Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Silent Threat: Reborn

Has anyone completed it on Insane difficulty?

<< < (4/4)

Meatball:

--- Quote from: FrikgFeek on February 28, 2020, 05:28:20 am ---It's not an xbox model but yeah, close enough.

The Avenger is statistically the best weapon in FS1, that's why I picked it.
The Avenger does 80 hull DPS and 54.4 shield DPS with a 1000m range.
The Prometheus does 86+2/3 hull DPS and 46+2/3 shield DPS with a 900m range. So the Prometheus does 6.66.. more hull DPS and 7.733.. less shield DPS. It does slightly less damage on average while also using up more energy and having a slower projectile with a lower range. Shield damage is also generally more important than hull damage, especially if you also have Furies to quickly chew through hulls.

--- End quote ---
You seem very knowledgeable, experienced and an expert at this. I shall come back with more questions when they arise, senpai.

potterman28wxcv:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on February 26, 2020, 09:23:46 pm ---We, ah -- we never tested ST:R on Insane. :nervous:

--- End quote ---
The first mission is completable, i did it. But there's a mission that is straight out impossible - it's the mission where you have to protect the small capsule ship against shivans. That mission on insane - the capsule dies by 2nd or 3rd wave. And there's nothing you can do about it since it dies to missiles that are fired as soon as the shivan ships get in.

I don't think I had the courage to do it all in insane mode - though i did try to at some point.

ST:R is certainly much harder than FS1 or FS2 on insane.

--- Quote from: Nightmare on February 27, 2020, 08:33:58 pm ---Does STR use Fury AI? I played FSPort with that once... accidently.

--- End quote ---

I did that. It's quite an interesting experiment! You can actually fail the 1st mission (protecting the GTC Orff) on insane + Fury AI. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzvWKYzBIw

At 8:44 you see the vasudans focusing all their fire on the orff, it really gets shredded.

Nightmare:
Only played FSPort with FuryAI because I forgot some tables in the data folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version