Author Topic: Typhon Lockup Issue with 3.6.16  (Read 1615 times)

Offline AV8R

Typhon Lockup Issue with 3.6.16
Hope this is just a minor issue, but it seems when using the new 3.6.16 build with the FSPort MediaVPs or the STR MediaVPs and trying to load the image of the Typhon in the Tech Room, FreeSpace will lock up. If I load 3.6.16 with MediaVPs_3612 the Typhon loads fine in the Tech Room. This isn't the IBX file load issue - I gave the program ample time to draw out the cache file (up to an hour) which wasn't necessary when I was using 3.6.14 on my Sandy Bridge platform (using 3.6.14 the Typhon would take seconds to render).

Tried the same with the Debug EXE and was thrown to the desktop when loading the Typhon in the Tech Room. Found this in the LOG file:

Loading model 'Typhon.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 1', believed to be in ship Typhon.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay 2', believed to be in ship Typhon.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'Typhon.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xb40cf996, IBX checksum: 0xd0c9bc39 -- "Typhon.pof"
Bad chunk type 134675971, len=-301138178 in model_octant_find_faces_sub
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_3_6_16\code\model\modeloctant.cpp at line 278

Also got these errors loading the Karnak model but didn't crash 3.6.16 DEBUG to the desktop:

Loading model 'Karnak.pof'
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'door-in1', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'door-in2', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'door-in3', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'door-out1', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'door-out2', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'door-out3', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'bridge', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay01', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay02', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
Potential problem found: Unrecognized subsystem type 'fighterbay03', believed to be in ship Karnak.pof
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'Karnak.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0x5812f002, IBX checksum: 0x86556af7 -- "Karnak.pof"
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 1.816 (1.816)

There are a few other errors in the LOG (attached) which may or may not be causing this issue.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Created fresh pilot files with 3.6.16 (no go)
2) Used 3.6.16 with the non-MediaVP FSPort (which worked)
3) Used 3.6.14 with FSPort MediaVPs (which worked)

Any other suggestions?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Typhon Lockup Issue with 3.6.16
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline AV8R

My apologies for not using the search feature more thoroughly. Yes, that model worked (and was able to draw out its own IBX file in the Tech Room). Is it just a low-res Typhon model or the same model as 3.6.14 tweaked to work with 3.6.16?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Sorry, I really don't know what's changed in the new model.  I just remembered seeing the other support thread and the solution :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Yarn

It turns out it's same version as the one in the Typhon patch (in the FSPort release thread, look for the yellow text in the first bullet list).
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline AV8R

Considering the errors posted above, do yo think there may be a problem with the Karnak model also? Even though the model shows in the Tech Room, it is producing errors. Maybe it will cause a problem with STR during the mission that includes the Karnak?

EDIT: Seems after looking through the error log I posted, there are quite a few errors on startup, including a few table errors.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:45:25 pm by AV8R »