Author Topic: play button in wxlauncher  (Read 1464 times)

play button in wxlauncher
I apologize in advance, I'm brand new to this.  I'm very eager to get started since everything I've seen on youtube is mindblowing.  Much props to you guys.  My question is I have both launchers after all the downloads.  Launcher 5.5g seems to work just fine, but I read several times during researching these forums that wxlauncher is way better.  When I try to use wxlauncher, I loaded the mods into basic settings, then I activate FSPort v3.4 to play the original FS (I believe it works because it is highlighted with a blue border), but after this the play button at the bottom remains  clearish or unusable.  Am I forgetting to do something? Or am I using both of them together incorrectly?  Thx for reading this and Thx for any responses.  :confused:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: play button in wxlauncher
Have you selected a FSO executable on the Basic Settings tab?  Are there any messages in bar underneath where the "Help" and "Play" buttons are?

And...
:welcomeblue:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Re: play button in wxlauncher
That was the problem. I knew I was doing something stupid.  Thx for the quick response.