Author Topic: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO  (Read 177367 times)

Offline UndyingNephalim

Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
With the third demo out, do I need to keep the first and second demos files?
You do not need either of the previous versions.

Well, there's the script-eval SEXPs that allow you to call lua functions, set lua variables, etc.
I suggest having a look at the scripting.tbl article on the wiki: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Scripting.tbl

Alright, I'll see if I can come up with something on my own. If there's another mod that uses the drawing icon feature please let me know about it though. This is something I really feel needs to be in a Starfox game.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:11:30 pm by UndyingNephalim »

Offline UndyingNephalim

Just some more gameplay stuff and cinematic experimentation. Also, the Aparoids are back:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
For a one man band,  you are putting out  a he'll of a lot of quality stuff.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
the same from me.

This man is completly, insenly impressing. From someone who doesn't understand fred, to a STANDALONE creator, with everything totaly replaced and written anew... basicly. And he does that ALONE, and that FAST...

You are doing a ****ing great deal of job, Nephalim.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Lorric

Are you really doing all this alone, UndyingNephalim? I always thought you were simply the leader (or spokesperson) of a team. That one person couldn't be putting all this together alone.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Are you really doing all this alone, UndyingNephalim? I always thought you were simply the leader (or spokesperson) of a team. That one person couldn't be putting all this together alone.
I do everything except the music on my own pretty much. Every time I've tried to put a team together it's usually ended up being a disaster, with people either never keeping up a decent pace or just all together vanishing.

To be fair I did not exactly come into this with no experience at all: I do have almost a decade of experience working with game engines. I've worked for both Sony on a PS4 launch title that was unfortunately cancelled and a company called Subscience Studios making mobile games in the past. I've also been making this for almost half a decade now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyxWMTD1W5A

The secret is I have no life outside of these things at all.  :lol:

Offline UndyingNephalim

A quick question, Fred2 says that set-camera-shudder only works in the first person view. Is there any way to get the camera to shake while in chase or external view?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
A quick question, Fred2 says that set-camera-shudder only works in the first person view. Is there any way to get the camera to shake while in chase or external view?
Despite the wording of the set-camera-shudder help, it looks like it should work in chase camera mode as well.

That being said, allowing the camera to shake regardless of camera mode looks like it wouldn't be too hard to add, but it does require source code changes (don't think you could fake it with Lua scripting).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
This is really awesome, but while watching the gameplay trailer, I finally figured out what was bothering me:
When you hit something in a weak spot, it should flash white/red.

All else is above any criticism from me. Awesome work, I'm looking forward to it.
Potato!

Offline UndyingNephalim

Despite the wording of the set-camera-shudder help, it looks like it should work in chase camera mode as well.
It doesnt seem to work outside of the first person view sadly.

When you hit something in a weak spot, it should flash white/red.
I would love to do that! Is there a way to do that in this engine?

Offline Lorric

I do everything except the music on my own pretty much. Every time I've tried to put a team together it's usually ended up being a disaster, with people either never keeping up a decent pace or just all together vanishing.

To be fair I did not exactly come into this with no experience at all: I do have almost a decade of experience working with game engines. I've worked for both Sony on a PS4 launch title that was unfortunately cancelled and a company called Subscience Studios making mobile games in the past. I've also been making this for almost half a decade now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyxWMTD1W5A

The secret is I have no life outside of these things at all.  :lol:
Well, all that explains a lot how you're managing to do so many different things at such speed. It's really exciting stuff you're doing. I wish you luck.

Which Total War is that mod for?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

That being said, allowing the camera to shake regardless of camera mode looks like it wouldn't be too hard to add, but it does require source code changes (don't think you could fake it with Lua scripting).

Is it set that way (3rd person camera shake disabled) so Afterburner doesn't ruin 'live action' cutscenes?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
The cutscene camera is prevented from having camera shaking with its own conditional (preventing the "shake" function from running in the first place). In this case, the reason that the chase camera doesn't get shaking applied is because it sets Viewer_obj to NULL, and the camera shake only applies if the Viewer_obj is the player. I'm not entirely sure why the chase camera sets the Viewer_obj to NULL; from a quick glance around, the only thing it would appear to impact is whether or not the shaking gets applied, which would seem to make more sense to cut out with a more explicit conditional...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline UndyingNephalim

More stuff for today:

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
This boss fight is bananas.

Offline CKid

Every time Undying releases a video, it feels like Christmas morning.  :D
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
That was awesome. I loved seeing parts of the SNES and N64 Andross fights and then the original stuff at the end. Very well done! :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Axem

*Is Speechless*  :eek2:

(But with all those fine models and textures, why on earth are you still using that old raggy Arwing? :p)

Well that was awesome.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Does anyone know if there is a way to Strafe through the event editor? Current I'm using the key pressed condition and then setting the player's X speed to either 100 or -100, but it doesn't seem to work at all. I would really love to have circle strafing for certain craft.