Author Topic: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO  (Read 177354 times)

Offline UndyingNephalim

Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere else around here. Is it possible to have multiple ships undock simultaneously? I currently have a drone carrier that contains a host of drones, but it seems like through FRED only one ship can undock at a time. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but it seems to take an extremely long time a single ship to undock, one at a time. It takes about 15 seconds for a single ship to undock, nearly two minutes in total for every single drone to finish undocking by giving the order one at a time. I really need the carrier to drop them all  instantly and have the drones all swarm the player right away. Is there any way to either launch every ship that is docked at once, or somehow make the undocking speed instantaneous instead of nearly 15 seconds?

Offline Axem

Try using the jettison-cargo-delay sexp, it'll immediately release docked items without the standard undocking procedure.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Try using the jettison-cargo-delay sexp, it'll immediately release docked items without the standard undocking procedure.

That worked perfectly, thank you so much!

Offline UndyingNephalim

Just some more environments that have been worked on:

Offline UndyingNephalim

Annnnnnd here's another pair of environments:

Looks cool. :yes:

Offline UndyingNephalim

Here's some more stuff I suppose:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Woah :D! I want to fly over these oceans of acid and lava.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Oh yay I finished something:

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Everyday you surprise me more, keep the good work !  :yes:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
This stuff is so amazing that after awhile I forget how good it is. It's so weird. It's like, "Oh, yeah, another incredibly detailed atmospheric environment with masses of new unique content. That's just what UndyingNephalim does."

But this stuff is amazing, everything I've wanted to do with FSO but don't have the skill or patience to pull off.

Hats off to you, this is consistently incredible, and you don't get the recognition you deserve.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline UndyingNephalim

Hats off to you, this is consistently incredible, and you don't get the recognition you deserve.

Hopefully one day...  :lol:
Maybe the Shadows of Lylat community will return too.  :cool:

Offline UndyingNephalim

It's with quite a bit of pain that I have to announce that Star Fox: Event Horizon is being put on the back burner.

More than half of my time is going to a day job. At the moment my Patreon is simply not making enough money to justify quitting said job and working on all my projects full time. A vast majority of my followers who support me, both financial and otherwise, do so exclusively for my other fan game, Hyrule: Total War . There is extremely minimal support for my Star Fox game; its own forums and other sections on Star Fox websites are ghost towns. Coupled with the recent explosion of Fredryk Phox's awesome animation (and his insanely amazing Patreon income, holy crap guys) it's extremely clear and obvious to me that Star Fox fans want his work, and not mine. Therefore, until my Patreon income justifies it, Star Fox: Event Horizon is on hold. I will be focusing almost exclusively on Hyrule: Total War in the meantime. I apologize to the few people who follow me for this game. If you are one of the two patrons that supports me entirely for Event Horizon, please contact me and I'll discuss reimbursing you.

:( That sucks. I was very excited for that game.

Offline Lorric

Maybe Star Fox Zero will help generate some new interest down the road.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with Hyrule Total War.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Yay, I'm kind of back.
Also I got rain to work.

Spoiler:

Hopefully I don't vanish for another 6 months.

Also I got rain to work.

Weather effects ? In mah FSO ? Impossibruh !

Are you a wizard ?

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Woohoo it's back on!

And holy crap how does rain even, wow???

Offline UndyingNephalim

Just a quick question since I seem to have forgotten: How does one make the surface of an object reflective? I seem to recall it involving making the -shine texture have a white alpha layer, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Well, my Patreon's gone up a lot and I think I'll start slipping Starfox back into my work. Here we have a showcase of Thorntail Hollow, Area 3, Dragon Rock, Corneria City, and an Earthwalker Ziggurat. Also on display are Rain and Wave effects that I've worked into Freespace:

Hopefully I won't vanish again for another few months.