Author Topic: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO  (Read 177379 times)

Offline UndyingNephalim

Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
So something like this?

Code: [Select]
#Fiction Viewer

$TrueType: arial.ttf
  +Name: Arial
 +Size: 24

#End

Not sure. Most mods don't specify a special font for the fiction viewer. Also, I'm not sure if the #Fiction Viewer was made to add new fonts or just specify an existing one, but if you just tried it and it works you've got more knowledge than I on that. Wiki seems to be incomplete on that part.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Not sure. Most mods don't specify a special font for the fiction viewer. Also, I'm not sure if the #Fiction Viewer was made to add new fonts or just specify an existing one, but if you just tried it and it works you've got more knowledge than I on that. Wiki seems to be incomplete on that part.

Naw it doesn't work, I actually get a CTD on startup.

Here's the fonts.tbl from WoD, hope that helps.

#Fonts
$TrueType: bnkgothm.ttf
+Name: 1
+Size: 14
+Top offset: -5
+Bottom offset: 1

$Font: font02.vf
$Font: font03.vf

$TrueType: Quicksand-Bold.ttf
+Name: VNTitleLarge
+Size: 38

$TrueType: Quicksand-Medium.ttf
+Name: VNTextLarge
+Size: 30
+Top offset: 0
+Bottom offset: -1
+Letter spacing: 0

$TrueType: Quicksand-Medium.ttf
+Name: VNMenuLarge
+Size: 26

$TrueType: bnkgothm.ttf
+Name: ButtonText
+Size: 22
+Top offset: -5
+Bottom offset: 1
+Tab width: 5
#End

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
So something like this?

#Fiction Viewer

$TrueType: arial.ttf
  +Name: Arial
 +Size: 24

#End

Fonts.tbl must have at least 3 entries under #fonts (to satisfy the engine requirements to have 3 fonts for all standard text fields)

If you use a.tbm that should work
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:40:38 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline UndyingNephalim

Here's the fonts.tbl from WoD, hope that helps.

Still getting a CTD, weird I have #End

Image from Gyazo" width="306

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
What build are you on?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline UndyingNephalim

What build are you on?

The newest one, fs2_open_19_0_0_RC1_x64_SSE2

Have you made sure that all fonts are present in the Data/Fonts folder? Even if you have them installed on your PC they have to be there AFAIK because not all people might have them.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Have you made sure that all fonts are present in the Data/Fonts folder? Even if you have them installed on your PC they have to be there AFAIK because not all people might have them.

That solved it. Now to figure out how to apply it to the HUD messages.  :cool:

Are you using Axems HUD mod? If yes, the info is stored at the beginning of axmessage.cfg in the config folder.

Offline UndyingNephalim

Are you using Axems HUD mod? If yes, the info is stored at the beginning of axmessage.cfg in the config folder.

Awesome I figured it out. Is there a way to separate the size of backlog text from the current dialog text or are they stuck being the same?

Offline UndyingNephalim

Alright maybe not, I'll just disable the backlog. Other question time!

I've actually been wondering for awhile now, is it possible to lock a weapon slot of a specific craft on the loadout screen so it cant be changed with other weapons? I've wanted fighter craft to each come with a unique primary and secondary weapon that can't be switched out, but give the player the option to switch out the two other weapon slots. So far as I can tell it's an all or nothing deal: You either have all weapon loadouts locked or you are forced to be able to switch all of them.

Ah ****, forgot to reply :warp:

that's the piece of axmessage.cfg you're probably looking for (haven't tested it myself so no warranty!)
  "Backlog": {
    "Enabled": true,
    "Timeout": 30,
    "Font": 3,
    "MaxSize": 4,
    "Origin": [
    ],

You can change the loadout for each bank like this:
$Allowed SBanks: ( "T1 Sickle" "T2 Scimitar" "T3 Scythe" ) ("Rockeye" "Tempest" "Hornet" "Tornado" "Trebuchet" "Stiletto II" "Piranha" "Infyrno" ) ("Rockeye" "Tempest" "Hornet" "Tornado" "Trebuchet" "Stiletto II" "Piranha" "Infyrno" )So first bank has a special loadout, while the other 2 fire normal missiles.

Offline UndyingNephalim

You can change the loadout for each bank like this:
$Allowed SBanks: ( "T1 Sickle" "T2 Scimitar" "T3 Scythe" ) ("Rockeye" "Tempest" "Hornet" "Tornado" "Trebuchet" "Stiletto II" "Piranha" "Infyrno" ) ("Rockeye" "Tempest" "Hornet" "Tornado" "Trebuchet" "Stiletto II" "Piranha" "Infyrno" )So first bank has a special loadout, while the other 2 fire normal missiles.

I'm not sure how I missed that, that's awesome.  :yes:

Ah ****, forgot to reply :warp:

that's the piece of axmessage.cfg you're probably looking for (haven't tested it myself so no warranty!)

Hmmm I tried messing with that, it still seems to be using the font I am using for the message dialog.

"Backlog": {
"Enabled": true,
"TitleFont": 1,
    "TextFont": 1,
    "Origin": [
    ],

Are you sure you're using the latest version? The config section I posted is different to yours, mine was
"Timeout": 30,
"Font": 3,
"MaxSize": 4,

while yours is just
"TitleFont": 1,
"TextFont": 1,

So I looked it up again - latest version is here: https://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/repo/data/Axem/Mods/Ax2HUD.rar

Release thread: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91197.0
There are 2 alternate versions of this thing, though the one I linked above is probably the best edition. This thread also (hopefully) contains all relevant data you need to configure axmessage.cfg to your needs- click on "Hidden Text: Tips and tricks for configuring • Show" in the opening post.

Offline UndyingNephalim

So I looked it up again - latest version is here: https://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/repo/data/Axem/Mods/Ax2HUD.rar

Release thread: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91197.0
There are 2 alternate versions of this thing, though the one I linked above is probably the best edition. This thread also (hopefully) contains all relevant data you need to configure axmessage.cfg to your needs- click on "Hidden Text: Tips and tricks for configuring • Show" in the opening post.

That solved the backlog problem.  :yes:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 11:24:16 pm by UndyingNephalim »

Offline UndyingNephalim

Time for another question! I feel like I should probably overhaul the interface in my mod, and I seem to recall years ago I used some program to rapidly edit all of the files in the Interface folder, but I can't seem to remember what it was called and I can't seem to find it on these forums. Am I going crazy or was there a program that let you edit the image files in the Interface folder in bulk instead of one file at a time?