General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

A celebration of Freespace

<< < (2195/2196) > >>

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: Stardust on February 25, 2022, 09:36:39 pm ---Not FSO, but still freespace.

Got back into Inferno: Nostos, and it inspired me to revisit the Hecate-class I'd rendered out of Lego a while back. Did up a modded/symmetrical Orion as inspiration, and then to further that, tossed together a quick render of a Hecate pulling a fast one on an Orion. Enjoy!

--- End quote ---

Bloody awesome mate. You should consider sharing it on here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2138493086383957/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=3198922037007718

They post models - including legos - of popular sci-fi franchises  :)

Novachen:
A Brick FreeSpace TC should be possible then.

Finally FreeSpace is able to get a USK 0 instead of the USK 12 rating of the original or even the USK 16 rating from the "Dimension Pack Collector's Edition"  :D

Stardust:
Thanks guys!

For fun, I did up some pretty renders of the ships I HAVE managed to recreate with lego. So far, I have a Hecate, a a GTD Sirona, and... one that started as a GTD Boreas/Preliator. But while I like the look and feel of the Boreas, I've never liked the engine block. By the same token, I DO like the engine block on the Hecate, streamlined and cut down a bit, so I put the two together.

I'd try my hand at some Vasudan or Shivan ships, but the hard angles and points are very difficult to recreate. Still, never say never...

I can make the plans available for anyone who is interested in trying to build them.

Shivan Hunter:
 :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Just a lil screenshot :)

NeonShivan:
Now that's a wallpaper worthy screenshot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version