Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

RELEASE: Official Awakenings for Port 3.0

(1/7) > >>

Admiral Nelson:

--- Quote ---Three years have passed since the collapse of the Sol jump nodes. The Galactic Terran Alliance have just successfully completed their counterstrike against the confused Shivan forces. But now,  things are going bad for the GTA. Shivan ships are pushing back in to reclaimed systems, in higher numbers than during the first months of the Great War. With the Terrans and Vasudans still recovering from the loss of key bases and ship yards, the Shivans are preparing for the next great push over.

You are one of the many pilots stationed at Galatea Station in the Vasuda system. As a seasoned veteran of the 14-year war, you look at your new assignment as one of confusion, as you are now sworn to protect the very system you vowed to destroy. Things go slowly on the station. You spend most of your time protecting the construction of the Vasuda 5 Shipyards, the largest Terran-Vasudan shipyard ever built. From the new shipyards, the T-V alliance plans to take the  fight to the Shivan homeworld.

While conducting a routine attack on HOL cruisers near the jump to Antares, a pair of GTD Orion class destroyers jump out of the middle of nowhere. Where did these ships come from? What happened to the crew? What will become of the GTA?
--- End quote ---

The FSPort team is pleased to announce the official release of the classic FS1 campaign Awakenings, ported to FS2.  This release replaces the unsupported versions posted earlier.  This release is now properly compatible with both SCP and retail Freespace 2 and includes several bugfixes and other enhancements over previous iterations.

Download Links:

Awakenings Campaign (1.1 mb)

Awakenings Voice Files (18.5 MB)

Awakenings was originally created by Nathan "Dynamo" Hoying (website http://www.descent-freespace.com/awake/).

Screenshots

Mongoose:
Hate to be the first one to chip in with a problem, but I can't for the life of me make it through the voice files download.  It keeps freezing up everywhere from 19% to 68% complete.  The actual missions themselves froze up once as well, but I was eventually able to get them.

Admiral Nelson:
Hmm... I just redownloaded both files myself without incident.  Maybe you were just having a connection glitch at the time?

Mongoose:
Must have been; it worked fine this time.  It'll be nice to play this campaign again; other than that female admiral's voice (ugh....), it's a really top-notch piece of work. :)

ARSPR:

--- Quote from: Mongoose on October 01, 2006, 07:39:52 pm ---Hate to be the first one to chip in with a problem, but I can't for the life of me make it through the voice files download.  It keeps freezing up everywhere from 19% to 68% complete.  The actual missions themselves froze up once as well, but I was eventually able to get them.

--- End quote ---

I also suffer it. I think is something that happens with your server. Sometimes (a lot of times) it just stops downloading.

Edited--

I have downloaded it with:

* Using IE Tab inside Firefox.
* Downloading with IE engine not Firefox engine.
* When it stops downloading, cancel.
* Re select the link and the download will start at the point it stoped before.
* (About 20 times of redownloading)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version