Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 187664 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
A random thought: is there an Admiral Fallon in the UEF/GTVA fleets?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
A random thought: is there an Admiral Fallon in the UEF/GTVA fleets?

Please let that be his forename, and let his surname be 'Uresord'. (You may have to say this out loud to get where my tired thought processes were going)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
2) Dang it! I want to know who Ken is...if he's who I think he is. His opinion that the Tev-Zod alliance should die rings bells

...wait...

:eek2:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Spoiler:
Bosch Beer?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Spoiler:
Aken Bosch?

I don't know. I don't really care about speculating, but the name connection is pretty funny.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'd like flying a Naryana at some point, with an option to use the reinforcement pool system. :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Spoiler:
Aken Bosch?

I don't know. I don't really care about speculating, but the name connection is pretty funny.
Spoiler:
That's a very interesting thought, but I don't think it will end up being that obvious.

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
Let's hope so. Otherwise they have to redo the story-writing for chapter 2 :p
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline -Norbert-

Spoiler:
Aken Bosch?

Spoiler:
That's a very interesting thought, but I don't think it will end up being that obvious.
Spoiler:
There is of course the matter that Laporte also had a "Ken episode" in her youth (remember the ants?), when Aken Bosch was still in GTVA space, probably preparing for the NTF rebellion.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
War in Heaven takes place 19 years after Capella. Noemi Laporte is 19 years old. Do the Math.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

*runs off to replay entire campaign*

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Spoiler:
Aken Bosch?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
There is of course the matter that Laporte also had a "Ken episode" in her youth (remember the ants?), when Aken Bosch was still in GTVA space, probably preparing for the NTF rebellion.

The_E just made that a falsehood, which makes the connection a little more ominous.
Spoiler:
And since Aken was captured by the Shivans, it also adds yet more credence to my 'Ken is a Shivan' theory
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:03:38 pm by Ravenholme »
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline -Norbert-

War in Heaven takes place 19 years after Capella. Noemi Laporte is 19 years old. Do the Math.
She is only 19? I though she would be more around the 25..... If it is written ingame I must have overread or forgotten that  :o

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
She is only 19? I though she would be more around the 25..... If it is written ingame I must have overread or forgotten that  :o

I'm not sure the campaign actually makes her age canonical. She could be 25 and still fit with the above theory, though.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, the point is, she was contacted in her childhood. Which happened several years after Capella.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline -Sara-

I think I made the...

Spoiler:
aKEN bosch

...reference ages ago, I can imagine they may have studied said person and templated him, or puppeteered him entirely.

Back on the what do I want topic, I think I want a proper suicide infiltration mission, a la Lion's Den but with Tev's to spy on. Maybe as far as slipping behind the Sol - Gamma Draconis node to scan something like the gate (UEF may want to know how it works) or find what's lurking on the other side etc as a vital step to be able to make a tactically sound decission with the info gathered. Of course dear Noemi manages to survive said encounter and lives to fly another day (while she probably goes ape**** and slaughters an entire squadron while there.. and somehow with Noemi that sounds scaringly plausible...  :eek2:).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:17:48 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Spoiler:
actually, the aKEN bosch theory clears up some weirdness in a line of dialog between ken and noemi.

It was in one of the journal-ish entry bits between missions, telling a story of Noemi having to choose between two warring ant colonies.  Ken makes a remark, somewhere along the lines of "I made this choice once, yours will be much harder", which always struck me as very un-shivan/vishnan-ish.

But, if Ken = Aken Bosch, as in the actual person, then it actually makes a lot of sense.  Bosch made a similar choice.  In order to complete the ETAK project and, in his mind, save humanity from the shivans he unleashed a monster in the NTF.  Essentially, in order to preserve humanity, he instigated a war which resulted in hundreds of thousands of human casualties.  Which is quite similar to what Noemi is being told to do, destroy the GTVA and kill untold amounts of people in the process to save the UEF.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
If that turns out to be the case...

* Aardwolf will be vomiting all over the place

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Spoiler:
I know the plot is set in stone, but it would be cool to see the Bosch plotline dealt with, in more than a  just passing reference or sideplot in BP. We spent a lot of time dealing with it in FS2, after all, with no conclusion.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

If that turns out to be the case...

* Aardwolf will be vomiting all over the place

I wouldn't get all nauseous yet...
Spoiler:

For one thing, Ken certainly does not sound like Aken Bosch in the crate-messages during Noemi's vision.  The use of "we" in the message, particularly the "we too fight our own war in heaven" sounds very much like a shivan talking as he/she/it would be more likely to refer to he/she/it's race using "we" and "our", whereas if it was a 1 to 1 conversation with Bosch playing the role of Ken I'd expect to see "I too fight my own war in heaven", assuming he's assisting the shivans.

Additionally, the Ken = Bosch theory runs into difficulty just due to the timeline.  Specifically, how the hell do the shivan's know to specifically groom Noemi to work as their agent immediately following Capella?  Either they:

A: Can view time-space in bulk vishnan style, which doesn't seem likely given the very large amount of differences in how the vishnan's and shivans fight AND the "we shall see about that" comment at the end of AoA, which certainly doesn't sound like somebody who already knows the result.

or

B: Have incredibly detailed intelligence on both the UEF and GTVA, detailed enough to correctly predict every major economic/political event that leads to the civil war.

or

C: There is a incredibly convoluted explanation including the multi-verse (I doubt that was thrown in there for ****s and giggles), whatever the Sathanas fleet was trying to do when they blew up the Capella star, and time-travel, with the end result being something that is only going to cause headaches trying to figure out.

But to bring it back to Bosch, options A and C involve shivan-specific characteristics, and B is just plain unlikely as hell and frankly a bad explanation to begin with.

The point I'm trying to strain out here is that while the Ken=Bosch theory is interesting there's no way to tell if Ken is Bosch or a Shivan.  I'd put very good money however on Ken NOT being a vishnan though, my primary argument stemming from the fact that Vishnan's refer to the shivan's as their sisters, whereas ken refers to the other side of his war as brothers. So either Ken is NOT a vishnan or there is a 4th race we know absolutely nothing about that somehow got involved while we weren't looking.