Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 117973 times)

That all sounds great. And I had figured (and hoped) that they were moving towards some sort of space battle minigame, or at the very least some kind of setpiece, what with the added Normandy controls in 2.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

The new "Heavy Melee" class has me confused.  Why not just add some additional melee moves to Soldier, some biotic-assisted melee to Vanguard, and leave it at that?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The new "Heavy Melee" class has me confused.  Why not just add some additional melee moves to Soldier, some biotic-assisted melee to Vanguard, and leave it at that?

It is somewhat perplexing, since Charge utilizes a lot of melee combat anyway.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I always thought a Gravity Hammer would be a hilariously awesome weapon for a Vanguard
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I always thought a Gravity Hammer would be a hilariously awesome weapon for a Vanguard

I thought Slam would make a more appropriate default power than Shockwave for that very reason.  But I think Shockwave is overrated anyway (I prefer Pull Field, because of the faster cooldown).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
WTF? Cerberus as the enemy????
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
WTF? Cerberus as the enemy????

You DID play Mass Effect 1, didn't you?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm fairly sure you can play through ME1 without actually blowing up their research facility on Virmire or whatever it was on. I did on my first playthrough anyway.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
weren't they purely side plot in the first game?  other than a couple of terminals on feros, which would be possible, however unlikely, to not read, you could playthrough without even hearing the name unless i'm forgetting something.

but then who plays through without trying to do everything anyway?  other than dilmah :P
I like to stare at the sun.

Spoiler:
After you find Admiral Kahoku's Marines and defeat the Thresher Maw, he finds out Cerberus was behind it and sends you to take out some of their illegal experiments.  You find his corpse in the Cerberus base after they got to him.  There's also a side-quest from a terminal in Noveria which leads to a Cerberus hideout, with a man who escaped from Cerberus custody and has been hunting down the scientists who experimented on him.
Cerberus wasn't that insignificant in ME1.  They weren't a significant plot point, but they weren't non-existent.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
but then who plays through without trying to do everything anyway?  other than dilmah :P
Hey, man, the universe was in trouble. :D

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
First Screen shots have been released, albiet there are only 2. Source Game Informer.

I am guessing they are Cerberus, according to game informer those shots are on the salarian homeworld.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Oh thank god they brought back the Revenant.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Looks like the STG upgraded.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I am hoping, praying that we will see female turians, Krogans and Salarians!! esp Salarians since you visit their homeworld!

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
More info from CVG

BioWare says Mass Effect 3 contains a lot the 'magic' that makes the series special. Oh, and "epic moments" as well.

Speaking in the latest PSM3 magazine, which includes loads of Mass Effect 3 information, exec producer Casey Hudson discussed how he's gone about approaching the third and final game in the trilogy.

"There are certain things you want to do when making a game that are part of the 'magic' of the experience. Those things aren't necessarily the big things - they're often little moments," he said.

"There's a lot of this in Mass Effect 3. The whole game is filled with really epic moments, but I think the story will really start to hit home when players start realising things about Shepard's personal life, through sacrifice on a galactic scale."

Yesterday loads of new gameplay details emerged for the third game, including word on Shepard's new SWAT moves and destructible enemy armour.

Hudson told PSM3 BioWare already knows how the series will end - and it's going to be "spectacular".

"We know how we want it to end and we've already established what makes the series special," he said.

Offline Luis Dias

First scenes on the tribunal will be used as a way to get players up to speed with the facts and choices made in previous games. Shepard will be judged and at the same time we will (re)view his/her choices and get to see the reactions of the crowd. There's potential for humour and drama, and we will obviously be given choices on how to respond to grave accusations (with sarcasm? with wit?etc).

Cerberus being an enemy, one wonders why that will be the case. Surely the reapers should focus even the Illusive Man's attention. So the best conclusion I can arrive is that the illusive man doesn't see the "solution" to the reaper's problem the same way that we will be inclined to. What crossed my mind had a sense of balance, but it still doesn't fit a hundred percent.

The idea was simple, that if you give out the collector's base to IM, he will have little to be offended at you, but he may well be driven towards a path of becoming just like a reaper. Keep in mind that IM wants the best course for "humanity", and we should not forget harbinger's rant "we are your salvation through destruction". Both reapers and IM seem somewhat obsessed over the future of mankind. Alternatively, we could have IM being brainwashed by the reapers. I don't like this alternative because IM isn't that careless. The only possible explanation would be desperation.

If however you pick the paragon choice of nuking the collector's base, you really piss him off. At this point, whatever the plans that Cerberus has to get more reaper technology, IM will want to keep shepard out of the way.

The likely scenario here may well be that Cerberus and Shepard aren't really "enemies" to the core, but rather very "aggressive" competitors. They are competing for the same tools to get against the reapers. One could see a game dynamic in here. In choosing a certain mission over another, you are effectively picking a certain "technology" or "something else" to fight against the reapers, while giving IM the chance to get other things. In this race, your choices will have big consequences in the "end battle", who gets the upper hand (if at all) between you and IM over the reapers.

We can think of this like a mini second world war, where both america and russia were not only fighting to win the war, but also to define the post war.

Lastly, perhaps the paragon ending won't be to kill the reapers at all, but to convince them that what they are doing is a huge mistake. Idk, written well it could work.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Paragon ending should be to surrender to the Reapers so they can help upload organic civilizations into perfect, immortal superiority. I will be angry if we can't.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Lastly, perhaps the paragon ending won't be to kill the reapers at all, but to convince them that what they are doing is a huge mistake. Idk, written well it could work.
I'll do it one better, he/she doesn't convince all of them, so there's a reaper civil war.  Which would be a perfect lead in for ME4.(You know there will be one, not matter what they say.)
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.