Author Topic: Want to Join Fate of the Galaxy? Staff Positions Open!  (Read 59077 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Want to Join Fate of the Galaxy? Staff Positions Open!
O_O What's that badge?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Do you still have models which are not converted? Or you expect a lot to come? I mean: is that RED text still valid?

We do, and hopefully when Brand is ready to convert some of his fighters you'll be able to help/show him the ropes.  I might have asked earlier but I knew you were busy with another project :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Yeah, I'm very interested in learning to convert myself, but just haven't had the time (As I've said many times before: I just make things pretty, I don't make them work)
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Corto

Is the process of porting models to the game well documented? If it is, where can I find the proper documentation?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:45:11 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well, I wouldn't say it's well documented.  No one who has managed to get really good at it has had the time to document it, they're too busy converting models for everyone as soon as their talent goes public.  Also, the process varies depending on the format the model is in (Max, Blender, Wings, etc).  Collada support for PCS2 is supposed to help alleviate this somewhat, but the process will still be different based on the app you're starting from, it seems.  As the Collada support is new territory, there's not a lot of documentation yet, save for the Blender guide in the wiki.  That's either for PCS2 or the python exporter, not sure.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
To be honest, I'd love to be able to volunteer to help with the music, but right now, I'm too busy with Uni work to even keep up with my current responsibilities. If there's still a spot open later, however, I might try and get some demos together, but not for at least a month or two.

Hey guys! I'm a huge fan of both SW an FS so I'm looking forward to this mod very much and I'd like to help as well.
I didn't see these "positions" on the list and I'm well aware that in this stage of development my "skills" are not needed but if in the future u need voice acting/recording I'd be glad to help. Basically I'd like to help with polishing the game. Like tech lab descriptions and things like that. And when I said I'm a fan of SW I meant that I know the universe inside-out, so I could also help with keeping it at least half-canon, and making it more starwarsistic...
Anyway, good luck with the mod and if any of my ideas caught ur eyes just contact me!
May the Force be with you!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
So let me get this straight, you created an account just to tell us how much you love/know about Star Wars, but you picked a Babylon username?  :P

For VA, we won't have a need any time too soon.  We're still in the early stages of campaign development and that's probably one of the later things we'd need.  We also have a pretty good ability to cover the tech descriptions at this point, to help out in that department your best bet would be to hang out in our IRC channel for a while and show off your stuff when the opportunity arises.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Stay on target!
Punch it!
Chewie noise.
R2 beep boops.
Etc.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

So let me get this straight, you created an account just to tell us how much you love/know about Star Wars, but you picked a Babylon username?  :P

For VA, we won't have a need any time too soon.  We're still in the early stages of campaign development and that's probably one of the later things we'd need.  We also have a pretty good ability to cover the tech descriptions at this point, to help out in that department your best bet would be to hang out in our IRC channel for a while and show off your stuff when the opportunity arises.

Early stages? Oh dear    :shaking:

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I'd confidently say we're more in the mid-stages now. =)
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Is the first post still up-to-date? I think our website is all right, our Wiki article is there, and zookeeper has fulfilled his model converter position very well.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

I'd confidently say we're more in the mid-stages now. =)

Ahh, much better    :)

This is the most important mod-project i.m.o. and waiting is really hard for me...

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Thank you!  We really appreciate your enthusiasm towards our work =)

Is the first post still up-to-date? I think our website is all right, our Wiki article is there, and zookeeper has fulfilled his model converter position very well.

I've made a couple changes.  I've left the converter position on there, as I'm sure zoo could use some help.  I think our website just needs a bit more snazz, and while chief has come up with a great way to update the news, we're really having a difficult time keeping it up to date, as well as my having slacked off on the newsgrid.  Having a dedicated webmaster could take this off of chief's plate, or assist him with its upkeep.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:16:10 pm by brandx0 »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'd be more interested in a full on restyling of the site too, I mean it works but we could always use something with a little more polish.  Not something I've had time to sit down and do since it's currently working as is.

Hmm....I wonder if I can get .POF and .MGN files to work in Blender...........

I am definitely experienced with the .DDS format, with my time doing ILM Experience.  Having a Bamboo helps a great deal, too!

Offline prometh

How freeform can the Interface be? Like, must it be restricted to a left nav, etc?

I can do audio realted stuff - mastering sounds making them broad etc.. or trying to conserve that special charme of the original moviel still being kind of high fidelity..

just need good samples..

can do mastering of other files (to give them equal Volume levels etc)

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I can do audio realted stuff - mastering sounds making them broad etc.. or trying to conserve that special charme of the original moviel still being kind of high fidelity..

just need good samples..

can do mastering of other files (to give them equal Volume levels etc)

I don't think we need much help with mastering only (but I might be wrong; swash will correct if necessary), but we would certainly welcome help in producing new sfx to expand our current set and replace some of the worse ones, if you think you're up for that. Especially a lot of our weapon fx are somewhat unimpressive.