Author Topic: NuRInt  (Read 13981 times)

:jaw: Whoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh... for the glory of the Empire. Stunning! Whoops, just drooled, um, a liiittle... yes. Just a little. :nervous:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah Brand, I think you actually did the TF and the TI back to back I think right after the crash but you only got started on the TI.  Surprised you don't have a copy of it floating around.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Oh yeah, that one.  Yeah, I can't say much for that, I opened up the file, left it alone as a mess and started anew
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Plus, as chief mentioned, this really hasn't taken me very long.

That's good to hear, but I hope you understand why a mission designer would like to see a new ship in game (an ISD, hopefully) rather than seeing an already existing one redone. Speaking of which, what's the status of your ISD?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Of course I understand.  However the ISD will be done when it's done.

Anyways, bit of an update here:

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Holy mother of Christ, that is beautiful.
From what I've seen these TIES are pretty hard to hit, and so are the X-wings for that matter... are you sure you guys are balancing everything adequately? (Sorry for doubting, but I have never played FS, I just base my opinions on what I see on the vids).

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Nah, we decided not to do any balancing whatsoever.  We don't believe in balance. 

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Nah, we decided not to do any balancing whatsoever.  We don't believe in balance. 
balances are for measuring weight
no relation to video games
:lol:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Is this going to be using heightmaps (i.e. the "-height" command line option which for whatever reason is not listed in the launcher) ?

That's hardly a constructive response, but what the hell. 19 posts isn't worthy enough for respect in any forums, no?  :rolleyes:
Keep it up... if sarcasm makes your e-penises hard than feel free to bash on everybody else deemed idiotic enough to ask stuff they don't know about.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:38:44 pm by StealthSudaka »

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
*Sigh*  It was a joke, don't get all busted up about it.  If you really wanna feel insulted by that then go right ahead, but I'd say you're being way too sensitive.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Average number of posts made after a Brand WIP render before someone mentions a turgid e-penis/desire to molest the model: 3.4

It looks great BTW :)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah it doesn't matter if you have 19 posts or over 9000, that kind of question is just begging for a sarcastic response.  One of the things we're attempting to use is computer assisted targeting, will help adjust the laser's focal point to be more likely to hit the target.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Note the question from the person with over 16,000 posts was completely ignored...

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Hmm, didn't even see that post, must have skimmed too fast.

Anyways, no it will not use the Height function.  Parallax mapping (as I understand it) isn't really very useful for FS, even though it's a great tool in theory, it works better for sloping faces rather than highly technical sharp edges.  Besides, the effect would be negligible on a small fighter like this.  If we were to use it for anything it'd have to be much bigger and slower, like a Star Destroyer or something.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Hmm, didn't even see that post, must have skimmed too fast.

Anyways, no it will not use the Height function.  Parallax mapping (as I understand it) isn't really very useful for FS, even though it's a great tool in theory, it works better for sloping faces rather than highly technical sharp edges.  Besides, the effect would be negligible on a small fighter like this.  If we were to use it for anything it'd have to be much bigger and slower, like a Star Destroyer or something.

From what I gathered in an "Infinity - The Quest for Earth" article, parallax is only noticeable when you're close to a surface and looking at it at a sharp angle. For a the Freespace Engine this would almost never happen, so the utility of the effect is really limited.

Normal maps though, now that's an obvious heavy hitter for improving a models looks.

Ah, here's the article:
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=47
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Buggula, that's because when someone gets to 16000 posts that quickly they tend to turn into white noise.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I don't have 16000 posts, silly :p

Anyway, the reason I was thinking about parallax mapping is that those surfaces are already indented a bit, which would let you avoid the problems around the 'edges' of the model that would otherwise occur with parallax mapping.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't have 16000 posts, silly :p

Again, your personal text thingy achieves its purpose for confusing the hell out of newer people :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================