Author Topic: "Mig-37 Ferret"  (Read 17357 times)

Offline Dysko

Never heard of the F-119 - did you mean the F-117?  BTW, I like the way the stealth F-22 does the trick - they house the gun in a port that opens when the gun fires, and then closes afterwards.  Keeps it stealthy... I'm sure Stealth would love that.
Probably he was refering to the F-19 (since he made also that plane), that was a "fake" project used to draw the people's attention from the F-117 project.
*runs before Snail sees the post*
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You just HAD to show up, didn't you. ;) :P

Actually I meant the F-117, although theortically the F-19 wouldn't have them too.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
-short & sweet, no music
- nice music, lots of 8) video
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:56:22 pm by jr2 »

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Nope.  Google for a video of it being tested; it's cool.  8)
Aha...interesting!  Yes indeed there is a door.  I think the old method was what I was reading about proposed back with the YF-22.  Obviously things have moved along.  No wonder its so bloody expensive! :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hehe, and badass! ;7

I just love bumping old threads of mine.....  :D

Panelling this one sucks big time... especially around the intakes,the geometry is a bit weird, plus the fact it's black *rubs sore eyes*

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Eviscerator

• Who? What? Noway!
Impressive as usual.  :nod:
The Lurker Extreme

To study and not think is a waste, but to think and not study is dangerous.

Hands off me haggis!!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You know, since this is already bumped, maybe Darth can clear something up for me.  I happen to have a model and an old toy replica of the F-19, however, I thought it was more of a misinterpreted leak than a decoy.  I read that somehow a small amount of info about the Nighthawk project was leaked out, and the design that got interpreted from that info was the F-19, which led to the line of Monogram and Revell models and other die-cast metal toys and such.  When the F-117 was finally revealed, people felt like morons for having been so far off.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I thought that the F-19 was a planned aircraft that was scrapped. I have it for YSFlight, and it's in Tom Clancy's novel 'Red Storm Rising.' (That was a great book by the way. I chose to read it for an English assignment.)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
*grumble* I just know this is going to suck me into wikipedia for 3 hours now...

edit:  as I guessed, Tom Clancy's book was written before the F-117 was public knowledge, hence why he would have used the F-19 instead.  He didn't know any better (or couldn't let the public know he did).

Wikipedia entry for the F-19

I have this toy

According to the F-117 article also on Wikipedia, F-19 was the assumed designation for the next fighter in development because the last plane to enter service was the F-18 Hornet.  The plane people know as the F-19 however, was nothing like the F-117 in that it lacked many of the noticeable stealth enhancements the F-117 has, such as no curved surfaces.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:15:49 am by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Eviscerator

• Who? What? Noway!
Impressive as usual.  :nod:
QFT.

?????

*grumble* I just know this is going to suck me into wikipedia for 3 hours now...

edit:  as I guessed, Tom Clancy's book was written before the F-117 was public knowledge, hence why he would have used the F-19 instead.  He didn't know any better (or couldn't let the public know he did).

Wikipedia entry for the F-19

I have this toy

According to the F-117 article also on Wikipedia, F-19 was the assumed designation for the next fighter in development because the last plane to enter service was the F-18 Hornet.  The plane people know as the F-19 however, was nothing like the F-117 in that it lacked many of the noticeable stealth enhancements the F-117 has, such as no curved surfaces.

Looks like you answered your own question.  :nod: I remember all the crazy speculation about the project when I first entered service. There were actually several designs that various civilian engineers came up with that could be viable speculation after the programs existance became known//suspected. Most of those speculations were made into plastic models and toys. Microprose even made a couple F-19 Stealth Fighter games for Comm 64, IBM PC, Apple IIIe, Mac, and Amiga.
The Lurker Extreme

Hands off me haggis!!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yup, the F-19 Stealth Fighter game was later modified when the info on the F-117 was released, and basically it was just a name and model swap, plus some more campaigns.

Offline Eviscerator

• Who? What? Noway!
Actually no, not really. The game play was very similar, but it had an entirely new engine that looked and performed heads and shoulders above the original. New campaign layouts that reflected more current events. You cold fly the "real" F-117 or Microprose's version that was less stealthy but had a M-61A1 20mm gun. I had F-117 on 486.

The F-19 I had on Comm 64 was mostly wireframe models in monochrome. On PC it was color, sort of, but still mostly wireframe. Amiga was better, but not by much. Back in those days it was more about gameplay, than graphics. Betters graphics tech was available, but few could afford the rigs required for it.
The Lurker Extreme

Hands off me haggis!!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy

Actually no, not really. The game play was very similar, but it had an entirely new engine that looked and performed heads and shoulders above the original. New campaign layouts that reflected more current events. You cold fly the "real" F-117 or Microprose's version that was less stealthy but had a M-61A1 20mm gun. I had F-117 on 486.

The F-19 I had on Comm 64 was mostly wireframe models in monochrome. On PC it was color, sort of, but still mostly wireframe. Amiga was better, but not by much. Back in those days it was more about gameplay, than graphics. Betters graphics tech was available, but few could afford the rigs required for it.

:D

Offline Mav

Lol - you had to show off FS SCP on that remark, didn't you? ;)

Btw. - I too remember these "F19"-models, eventually also a game (though only a glimpse of the latter) and the "Mig 37". Nice models you made there :) .
I once started a Shivan fighter that's based off of the basic F19-shape; but it was one of my very first 3d-models and thus will most likely need a total overhaul :sigh: ; so, for the moment, it's put on hold... :(

So - just continue your work, you're producing a lot of impressive models, as far as I can see :) .
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Eviscerator

• Who? What? Noway!
I was going off what I read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-19_Stealth_Fighter.

Yup, that's the original, but you really should know better than to believe everything you read on wiki as information can be posted by anyone. Kinda like the whole internet.  :lol: The last release had an entirely different engine and flight model, not just and upgraded one. He seems to be basing his info simply on the fact that Micoprose coined it "2.0". Well, by that logic Falcon 4.0 is just an upgraded version of 3.0.

Clearly not.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo...... pretty!
The Lurker Extreme

Hands off me haggis!!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I thought that shot was kinda ugly. All the weird models, the shield indicators. I did like the radar, though.

EDIT: Ooooohhhhh... Is that WCS? The targeted ship is kinda wonky in the target box, though.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.