Author Topic: "Mig-37 Ferret"  (Read 17432 times)

Offline Mav

EDIT: Ooooohhhhh... Is that WCS? The targeted ship is kinda wonky in the target box, though.
Sure enough looks like some as-of-yet-unknown-to-me Kilrathi ship, it's silhouette on the shield indicator matches nothing I've so far heard of... And it's name says "Ratoth", though it's not obvious if that's the shipclass or just the designation of this specific in-mission-ship; though that name sounds more like something from the B5 Narn to me then something from the Kilrathi... :nervous:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

The Ra'toth is gevatter Lars design, I just created the model for it.

Majority of my work is post-Prophecy, in fact near the time Privateer 2 should have occured 2700 and around the time of arena.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
The Ra'toth is a kilrathi fighters that I had invented and scooby modeled it. Mh I just noticed that the shield indicator is upside down.
As for the name...I never noticed but you are right it sounds indeed a bit Narn like Natoth, G'kars adjutant. But original I thougth abuot something on the line like the Vaktoth.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Mav

Yep, that was just who it remembered me of... Though it's not too bad a name for Kilrathi ships either, as you just pointed out - but people who know B5 very good will propably feel someting being a bit out of place with that name...

Oh, and by the way - it does look very interesting :) .

The Ra'toth is gevatter Lars design, I just created the model for it.

Majority of my work is post-Prophecy, in fact near the time Privateer 2 should have occured 2700 and around the time of arena.
Hm... don't know much of Arena, but Priv2's a bit too far for me (besides the fact that I never could really get it to run - DOS-PC was too slow [read: 30 minutes for landing :ick:] and didn't like the movies, Win-PCs never had working DOS for me, and neither DOSBox nor the WinPatch did help very much yet :sigh: ) - I'm mostly interested in the continuation of the Nephilim conflict, Wasteland Incident for example. Too sad they didn't finish the trilogy that Prophecy was intended to be the first chapter of - I know I would have bought the other two... :(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 05:18:25 am by Mav »
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
In some parts of the Arena manual that was released as a PDF for free you could find pieces of what happend during the war. I still hope that there will be more...to know and to play. Prefered on the PC since I won't buy a console anytime soon...most likely never.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline Mav

Still hope for this too - is that pdf on WCCIC, btw. ?
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
It is -> http://www.wcnews.com/news/update/8016
The little article also has the link for the download to the PDF file. If you know WC a little you will find many small hints from previews games as well as to what happend between Prophecy and Arena. Also some names that are from the community as well as Mods!

Personaly the manual is the best part of Arena ^_^

Offline Mav

*U-Ouch*!! :wtf: Another WC game's coming out, and it's for the XBox??? :ick: :mad2:

Anyways, thanks for the link - haven't been at CIC for about a year now... would just have missed this one. I hope, they'll release something for PC sooner or later, too. But as we all know M$, if this is for XBox currently, chances are it won't hit PC's before 3 years after initial release :ick: (like it happened with Halo 2 - not that I'd have been very interested in that, I just heard what stupid crap was going on... :doubt:)

And - whoa, is there a lot of stuff - I'll have to go through those renders and recordings another day... :) .

I really like what I saw of their ship models so far :cool: - but from a glimpse on one manual-site, it seems to have push-button maneuvers like SW Battlefront 2... :doubt: Where's the pilots' skill in there?? :ick:
Of course, something like this might be funny for a while - but I'd guess, after some time you simply recognize that you actually are'nt really flying this ship... :rolleyes:

Oh, well - lets see how it'll get; critizing will still be possible when it's out or such (not that I'd plan getting an XBox for it...) .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 01:59:26 pm by Mav »
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
The game is an arcade type shooter with just one dimension to fly on. Ok sometimes you can go up to fly over a ship but that just it.
Its a simple game made for something you could fit into a gameboy like system. Its cheap (the prize), easy to learn and just meant to be some so called "casual gamer in between" thing. Not meant to be some "complex" flightsim. Well nether was WC or FS in that matter ^_^
I would look into playing that kind of game if it was a "free" game but I won't pay more then 5 bugs, if at all, for this kind of game. There are some free games of that type and why play something you can get for free and legal.
I think I would still play this one for the frenchfries...ah franchise ^_^

Still the handbook is quite impressive.

Oh and there will be a Battlestar Galactica game for XB live....same gameplay as Arena just other models. I think I will prefer BTRL.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
but I won't pay more then 5 bugs, if at all, for this kind of game.

Crunchy?  Or shell-less?  :lol:

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Crunchy of course ^_^

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That's my man!!  And some fresh coffee beans to flush it down with, right?  ;)

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

sweetness. how do you turn cockpit views on, anyhow? what mods/ships have them?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

In $Flag entry add "Show Ship".  Your model needs to have a cockpit,otherwise it could look weird.

do any INFA HTL ships have cockpits? i know i know they have the external (you see pilot, instead of black glass) but internal?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
All of them. Any ship with a clear windscreen, pilot and HUD is a cockpitted one. Having a flyable one is a different matter.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mav

Nice! :)

And the cockpit even doesn't obscure the view too much :cool: (in contrast to the HTL Erinyes... :sigh: ).
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Actually I had to fix it that, there was a center beam runing straight through the crosshairs.