Author Topic: RELEASE: Twisted Infinities  (Read 17734 times)

Re: RELEASE: Twisted Infinities
I've never seen any problem with the messages when I played the campaign last year.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Ti uses Axem's message box script to display messages, but I've never heard or seen anything like that before. It might be worth trying a different campaign that also uses that box and see if you have the same issue.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline CKid

Oh Wow! This actually got a release!? I never thought this campaign would see the light of day and now it's here. I still remember seeing screenshots of atmospheric combat on the campaign's website on sectorgame.com went I first joined HLP way back in 06 and how it really got me pumped to play it. (In fact those screenshots are still there after checking) Time to jump back into the pilot seat!
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I actually laughed, HLP never ceases to amaze.

I'll give it a whirl sometime this week probably.

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
You guys are the worst; you promised me Lokis with Kaysers and then forced me to fly an escape pod!

Actually that was probably one of my favorite missions from this campaign. Every mission in this campaign (except the stealth mission) was fun and well-designed, even the "boring" ones. This is well worth a playthrough.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
You guys are the worst; you promised me Lokis with Kaysers and then forced me to fly an escape pod!

Such a mean escape pod :D

Hi,

as I cannot use Knossos with Ubuntu 16.04, please provide a mod.ini file. Which builds are recommended? Which MediaVPs are working/are recommended?

Thanks in advance

Unpacking error here:

Extracting  data/models/RockL1.pof
Extracting  data/models/RoidHangar.pof
Extracting  data/models/ScrollPhobos.pof
ERROR: E_FAIL 

Hi,

as I cannot use Knossos with Ubuntu 16.04, please provide a mod.ini file. Which builds are recommended? Which MediaVPs are working/are recommended?

Thanks in advance

It uses the most recent MVPs.

[launcher]
modname      = Twisted Infinities
image255x112 = TImod.bmp;
infotext     = Eleven long years have passed since the Second Shivan Incursion. Epsilon Pegasi has been all but forgotten by GTVA Command, isolated by the loss of Capella on one side and the instability of former NTF systems on the other. Its economy has fallen into depression, and its citizens suffer as pirates and criminals run rampant.

But beneath this chaos slumbers an enemy that could destroy all of Terran and Vasudan civilization. An enemy that someone has seen fit to awaken...
website      = http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities/;
forum        = http://sectorgame.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=de552dc6f91924a58efee9ef27a00533;

[multimod]
primarylist =
secondarylist = MediaVP;

Unpacking error here:

Extracting  data/models/RockL1.pof
Extracting  data/models/RoidHangar.pof
Extracting  data/models/ScrollPhobos.pof
ERROR: E_FAIL

Nebula provides multiple links, does that effect all of them? (maybe the DL was just broken)

all 3 links show an unpacking error. ideas?

Maybe try a different packing program? While there are some technical issues with the missions, you're the only one who has problems with corupted files so far.

Offline CKid

Having a great time with the campaign so far but I've run into an issue. In the mission "Bownout" after I disable one of my energy systems and return to the Unut, my wing-men don't fire on the enemy. They just chase after and stare at them. It is pretty challenging to defend a cruiser against 11 bombers and 5 fighters by oneself.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Having a great time with the campaign so far but I've run into an issue. In the mission "Bownout" after I disable one of my energy systems and return to the Unut, my wing-men don't fire on the enemy. They just chase after and stare at them. It is pretty challenging to defend a cruiser against 11 bombers and 5 fighters by oneself.
Yeah, it's badly balanced one. We're on it. We are gonna mix composition of pirate strike team a bit to make it less challenging.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline SL1

Anyone else getting disappearing ETS gauges in some of the missions?

Offline spart_n

• Steam
Anyone else getting disappearing ETS gauges in some of the missions?

should happen in only one of them

Offline SL1

Well, it's not so much that they disappear, it's that they're not there from the start. It's only in a few missions, though. The attack on the gas refinery was one of them, and there was at least one more.

Offline spart_n

• Steam
The gas refinery doesn't have an ETS because...Well, that's how the mission originally was if I recall the response when I asked about it. I guess because everything is scrambled and some elements of your HUD is gone to hell.

The only other mission I can think of is the Jame Bonds mission with the escape pod because there's not much to really do in terms of piloting that.

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
Awesome job! Only one serious problem I encountered was with red alert missions - as already mentioned, if alpha 2 and 4 died in previous mission, apart from command chating instead of alpha two, taking down aeolus cruiser is ridiculous.
Same stuff happened during gas miner mission - if alpha 1 is down, the command takes over his chat. Maybe some indestrucibility flag for him? ^^

Apart from mentioned minor issues - great campaign!