Author Topic: Where can you find Descent 3?  (Read 7474 times)

Offline Topgun

Re: Where can you find Descent 3?
I think D3 only needs AA AF high-rez textures and highpoly models and it would look almost like a new game.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
EDIT: And get all (OK, well, ALOT) of the D3 mods here:cool:

I eagerly await the thread in which you decry those Swedish pirates and their policies.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Eh?  They do happen to be the largest bittorrent tracker / torrent host around.  Whilst I may not agree with some things their members do, they can prove rather useful for hosting my legal torrents.  :p

PS  I eagerly await the thread in which you decry the nefarious practices of spammers and their acolytes.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I was referring to your banning from some other torrent tracker and your subsequent thread *****ing about it.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Give it a rest please.

Offline Music1an

• Trumpeter and pianist for life!
I just reinstalled D2 (and D2X-Rebirth) and have been really enjoying the gameplay. The only thing that'd really improve on that is a decent modern day graphical makeover.

Well, if it be graphical updates... best bet is D2X-XL (www.descent2.de).  Oh, the hi-rez goodness :D.
Band kids rule

Yeah, it looks a lot better (fully-textured automaps FTW!), but not even a fraction as good as the improvements made to FS by the coders... probably cause only one guy is/was working on it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I was referring to your banning from some other torrent tracker and your subsequent thread *****ing about it.

Well, I did finally get ahold of someone that answered me.. (after I applied a bit of dripping sarcasm to one of my e-mails, months and months after I initially contacted them, requesting more info..)

They said I was supposed to contact them so they could go over the stuff I uploaded and make sure it wasn't harmful.  Something about ppl uploading spyware and all that crap.  Ya, the stuff I uploaded could easily have been scanned for that without banzoring me.  I think that they just don't want to deal with it.  And no, it's not because games aren't allowed... they have hosted on their site the games that you put the green stuff down for on there, as trials, or subscriptions.. :ick:  In other words, the commercial games.  Well, anyways... the guy did say to contact them with the details of the source for the games and all that... so I did.  Result: nothing.  Not that I expected one.

I would have put all this in my other thread, but I was trying to follow Kal's advice before he even gave it and not necro the thread.. oh well.  If a mod wants, they can move / copy this post into my Azureus VUZE / Zudeo thread if they want. 

Oh, PS before I get too negative here, they did say something about them looking into the source of the games to see if they could be distributed by VUZE in the future... and I did apologize for being sarcastic, and thanked them for getting ahold of me, etc, etc.  But since my reply has gone unanswered, IDK what if anything they are doing with it.  *shrugs*  They didn't unbanz0r me, so I just made another account.. IDK why, I'm not going to upload anything except maybe videos scratch that, they banned my Tremulous promo video too, I forgot... geez, it was just an .avi file.  Prolly cause it mentioned the location where you could get Trem from.

Any mod that wants, can take these posts about Azureus (maybe brozozo's too?) and put them in my Azureus thread.. I don't want to spam this thread, but I don't want to leave this unanswered either.

-jr2
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:58:58 am by jr2 »