Author Topic: Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11327 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Re: Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delta difficulty was just right.

But on the topic of performance, I know fully well that the UT3 demo has reduced graphics.  It still looks WAY better than the settings I am forced to run Crysis on, though.  The framerate is **** on medium shaders even when I look at dirt and only dirt.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I've got to agree there, I could run UT3 looking much much better - and more smoothly - than Crysis.

I am willing to concede that Crysis is busy doing all sorts of things that the UT3 demo has no hope of doing, but it really really does take its toll.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
god damn this games awesome. not only do the graphics kick ass, but the gameplay is pretty awesome too.

the framerate isnt that bad on my system. and im using maxed detail. i could probibly get a little better performance by dropping down the settings, but id sooner attack the problem with a second 8800gts. i have all the cpu and memory i could ever need though.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Has anyone noticed this bug:

If you attach your knockout weapon addon (forget the name) to your rifle, swim up to an enemy boat (under it), then pop up behind it, jump aboard, and knock the two NKs there out, the boat keeps on its patrol, even though its driver and gunner are unconscious?  When you kill them, the boat stays still, as it has no pilot... but if you knock them out, the AI is still driving the boat.  :lol:

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I threw the poor turtle/tortise/whatever it was :lol: into the water... and I couldn't pick it up after that, there it was, lying upside down :wtf:

I hope it didn't die... meep! I killed Tama... :( ended up quitting the game and restarting it just to watch the turtle hide in its shell... wheee :D :lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
One thing for all Crisis players, at least with Vista + 8800 GTX + ForceWare 169.xx (01, 02 & 04):

169.xx are defective drivers for OpenGL games like FSOpen or Doom3. In FSOpen you will get strange coloured ships, a lot of resolutions are missing (example 1280x960) and GLSL doesn't seem to work.

So you choose, either 163.75 and a 10-20% performance drop in Crysis or 169.xx and a weird FSOpen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 04:18:56 am by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
What a luck its only with Vista ^_^

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:30:56 am by gevatter Lars »
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
What a luck its only with Vista ^_^

I'm not sure it's only in Vista. I just say in Vista happens...
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Well I didn't encounter any problems with other programs so far and I got 169.01 and XP SP2
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
[...]

Windows XP Pro - SP2
AMD Athlon 4000+ (2.4GHz) - 32bit
GeForce 7600GS - 256Mb GDDR3
768Mb PC2700 2048Mb PC3200 DDR RAM
VM - 2560Mb
Seagate 7200rpm IDE Hard Disk

It now runs fine with all settings on medium.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:48:57 pm by BloodEagle »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
That's it... no, wait!  Now I don't have a better system in some (one) aspects than you!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(

:lol:

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
eBay rocks for getting RAM.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I tried the "DX10 hack" for XP and sure it did gave more some nice effects with Very High (especially ones that are affected by the sunlight), but for some reason I lost my motion blur at the process. So I switched back to DX9 and High... I like the motion blur. It's... blurry....
Habeeb it...

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Blurry: Bad!  Imagine blur in a FS2 fast paced dogfight.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Motion blur = teh suxx0r.  It's worse than Motion debris.  :p

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Blurry: Bad!  Imagine blur in a FS2 fast paced dogfight.

I don't think. There are a lots of game where the blur suxx (generally it's the Bloom and there is some misanderstood with HDR). But in some game like Crysis or TOCA Race Driver 1, the blur is perfect. I mean, you really feel the speed (espacially in TOCA Race Driver). With Crysis, you don't have the feeling that the devs have abuse with this. Crysis is the first FPS to show how to use pretty well the Blur effect in the game. It doesn't annoy me.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Yeah, it looks great and doesn't overdo it so long as you have above 30fps during the majority of the action.  This is simply not the case for many users, as the nasty part about motion blur is that it looks plain bad at low framerates while the intrusiveness is multiplied.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Shadow of the Colossus had pretty kick-A motion blur.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."