Author Topic: Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11370 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Crysis demo available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's very odd... take a look at my system specs.. everything runs flawlessly with all settings on low.  I'll post what ForceWare I'm using when I find out... but I did *not* update for Crysis, as I heard it caused a problem with FS or something.

OK, I'm using ForceWare 162.18, all settings on low, with a 6200 256MB.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
who the **** is the retard who made the self extractor unpack all the 2 GB of **** onto my C drive ... come the **** on are you serious? i never extract ANYTHING to my C drive damnit, give me a way to open it with winRAR you turd developers :/

7-zip can open the main .exe... not sure what the .msi extracts to, though.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle

EDIT: Solved my own problem. It seems that regardless of all the other details, Shaders have to be on high or else I get graphics corruption. It seems to be running fine - if slowly - now.

Even though the solution was not same (nor the system) I have one... possible graphical issue and a possible way to solve it aswell.

System:
Core 2 Duo E6400
2G RAM
Radeon X1900XTX 512M
Catalyst 7.5
Audigy 4
Win XP

The problem was a huge load of graphical glitches everywhere on screen when I was in game ("funky" would be a good term to describe how it looked like).
Anyway, I noticed that when I turned the AA completely off from the game, it worked like a charm (looks bloody sweet). The AA was on 4x when the funkyness appeared. I need to try it on 2x just in case (and try to fiddle the Ultra High settings on aswell :p ).
Habeeb it...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
...I had AA off.  No problems.  :nervous:

EDIT: And, BTW, I finished... eh... hmm.  Well, the ending shouldn't be too scary, really.  Whatever they are have nothing on Carl!  :p  ;)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Aside from a little stuttering, and bug when reaching checkpoints, the game runs fine (most settings on low, a few on medium) on my system.

Windows XP Pro - SP2
AMD Athlon 4000+ (2.4GHz) - 32bit
GeForce 7600GS - 256Mb GDDR3
768Mb PC2700 DDR RAM
VM - 2560Mb
Seagate 7200rpm IDE Hard Disk

:edit:

Had the brand wrong.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:47:30 pm by BloodEagle »

It runs okay on my machine, okay being the operative word. I'm running a Celeron 2.7 GHz with a 256 Gforce 6200. The only problem I encounter is a little lag when bringing up menus or the suit abilities.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
I run it at about... 20 FPS average; AMD Athlon 2.2ghz dual core, 2 GB of RAM, and Nvidia 7900, on XP. I'd run it loads better if all I did was upgrade the graphics card.

Anyone having fun with the editor? Man, that nuke tank is the ****.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
DX9vsDX10 shots here:

http://forums.tweakguides.com/showthread.php?p=75394#post75394

Does anyone think this whole DX10 thing is a load of crock? All I notice are some slightly better effects and some more randomly generated scenery bits - not worth the massive costs of running DX10.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The next generation of PC games will make better use of DX10. From what I can recall, Crysis is the first game to try and use significant amounts of it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The installer screwed with my computer more than the actual game did, which was a surprise. It did run, at absolute lowest settings, without slowdown that I could detect. The graphics did glitch on me a couple of times, one of which (switching view mode in the little Hummer wannabe caused it) was a show-stopper and required toggling back to the menu and the original view to get out of.

Not sure of the FPS since I was busy playing the game; it's surprisingly difficult, and I have some nasty things to say about the weapon accuracy. Firing aimed three-round bursts you can't hit a man-sized target at under 30 yards half the time, which is totally unacceptable. The only good thing to be said is that the baddies are equally inaccurate...except their machineguns, which seem to be much less accurate in your hands (and I noticed don't overheat when an enemy is firing them!).

And even when you do hit them, a lot of the time they take six or seven hits to go down, or more. I repeatedly nailed people in the head with a short burst at 10-15 yards or so and they kept fighting through it. I've dropped enemies with single rounds too, but those hit as far as I can tell in the high chest or neck.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Falcon

I had fun with the game. Drove cars into the water and buidings just because I could, drove a car cloaked right into an enemy camp (still shot at me though :( ), threw an enemy off a cliff.

The only problem is I can't walk into the water while holding an enemy. As soon as he touches water he dies instantly. o_o

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I had fun with the game. Drove cars into the water and buidings just because I could, drove a car cloaked right into an enemy camp (still shot at me though :( Wouldn't you shoot at a driverless vehicle?!? :p ), threw an enemy off a cliff. "Stupid Yankee!  I kill you for fun-gaah!"  lol

The only problem is I can't walk into the water while holding an enemy. As soon as he touches water he dies instantly. o_o O.o

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The only problem is I can't walk into the water while holding an enemy. As soon as he touches water he dies instantly. o_o

HE'S A WITCH!  ;)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No! Everyone knows witches are made of wood. That's why they float. Unless they are a duck.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
It's sad.  With a 7600GT, I simply CAN'T play at anything higher than low in the shader quality.  At low, with all else on high or medium except for volumetrics obviously, my framerate is 30-60fps.  At medium shader quality, the framerate drops to 5-15fps.  This is unacceptable.  The UT3 beta demo at the settings I run it on look much better than what I see in my settings for Crysis, and the framerates are just as good.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
welcome to the future

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
It's sad.  With a 7600GT, I simply CAN'T play at anything higher than low in the shader quality.  At low, with all else on high or medium except for volumetrics obviously, my framerate is 30-60fps.  At medium shader quality, the framerate drops to 5-15fps.  This is unacceptable.  The UT3 beta demo at the settings I run it on look much better than what I see in my settings for Crysis, and the framerates are just as good.

Well, the size is totally different between those 2 game. UT 3 has a close area while Crysis offer a whole Island (underwater, lots of trees, lots of destructions, a day/night cycle (so a great lighting engine), High quality Texture, lots of life (see pets), cloud particules, etc...).

The UT 3 demo doesn't offer you the High Quality render. It seems there is a better render that isn't included in the demo.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Well, gave the SP demo a try alongside NFS ProStreet (and I couldn't crank everything up to the max with that other game either).

It does suck somewhat, realising the "Very High" settings are locked out, and the game grinds to a standstill when I crank everything up to High and set resolution to 1280x1024 (monitor limit). Even 1024x768 lags. Like, 1fps or even lesser than that, heck, I can even see the textures stream-loading onto the map and the character faces one by one.

Guess I'm making do with Medium, or go on with High with 2 or 4x AA and turn the resolution all the way down to 640x480. I'm really regretting not doing a full-on build with 2 GTXes and a QX6850 when I had the chance. :(

Else I'm fine, just don't know what made me decide to play on Delta difficulty... :lol: kept dying again and again... off to try the UT3 demo.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Very High Quality can be hacked into to to work with XP, supposedly. There's a gamespot article on the subject.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story