Author Topic: Something makes me think ...  (Read 3969 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Something makes me think ...
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Berbaiting would be extremely easy with one human bombing the Sathanas and another flying shotgun in a heavy fighter :nod:

And wouldn't that mission be easier with a set of Maxims? Bye bye Sathanas' flak guns and Demon's beam cannons...

You cannot use the Maxim, you have a fix armament of the superior Mekhu, and Akhenton. Shotgun? Why exactly a heavy fighter?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
There is another thing makes me think:

Have a closer look at FS1 command briefing animations, you can discover that Sol can be reached from Deneb, not only from Delta Serpentis. As you know, the destruction of the Lucifer collapsed the jump node between Delta Serpentis and Earth. But why cannot the GTA reach their home from Deneb?

Look at FS1 CBs! You won't find that link between Sol and Deneb in fsnodemap.gif, so here:

http://www.volition-inc.com/fs/downloads/fsnodemap.gif

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
FS1 was gay that way. Ignore it

you saw nothing in those CB-Ani's...

*flashs nueralizer*
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Quick answer ...

But how couldn't it be discovered by the creators? A critical error.

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by TopAce
You cannot use the Maxim, you have a fix armament of the superior Mekhu, and Akhenton.

Yes, that was why I asked the question "wouldn't it be easier with Maxims?". I was asking people if they thought Maxims would improve one's chances in the mission, or the mission in general. But don't worry, your Fanboy-like knowledge of FS2 has dazzled us all, so it wasn't a complete washout :nod:

Shotgun? Why exactly a heavy fighter?

This is an english (well, American) expression which means that the guy in the fighter would be flying around providing cover for the actual mission-critical elements, in this case the bombers. I suggested the fighters be heavy due to the ammount of enemy fire in the mission - those feather-weight Serapis last about a minute.

But how couldn't it be discovered by the creators? A critical error.

Dude, you make a flawless game and then complain. And it's hardly critical to the game - did it really ruin your FS experience?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Well freespace 1 was kinda annoying when I thought nothing of the Lucy blowing up the delta serp to sol n--- *flash*

Jeeze, these things get you higher than -- *flash*

ahhhh

:thepimp:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
But this kind of bug is quite front of the eye of everyone testing the mission.

But it is possible, 'contact loses with earth' came to mind shortly before the game came out onto the shelves of the shops, and nobody remembered there is a line between Deneb and Earth.

In addition: Typing error at Tech Database: SF Basilisk! Threat is treat.

Offline diamondgeezer

Dude, seriously - don't worry about it. All the bugs in FS were spotted years ago :)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Did you know the bug:

After completing the main campaign(several times), sometimes all your awards and achievements go to holiday and won't come back.